Anybody feels excited to Fast and the Furious 4?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Didn't really tie up any loose ends.

Liked how Han was in the beginning.

So this took place AFTER 2 Fast 2 Furious?

Or was it after the O.G.?

#1> Saw it today, loved it. Of course it wasn't without a few "Bull FUCKING Shit" moments, but overall I felt it was probably the best in the series as far as story goes, but that's not saying much.

#2> In answer to your question, the film takes place after 2 Fast 2 Furious after Brian gets "fully" reinstated as a LEO specializing in deep cover work. Tyrese Gibson was supposed to show up in a cameo as Roman Pierce (rumored for a long time) but I never saw him show up... of course I didn't stick around for the end credits to close, so who knows?

#3> I disagree on the loose ends thing though. Letty is avenged... Dom gets rescued and must then leave the US to avoid the law, living low key, probably forever depending on illegal car racing for income since INTERPOL will more than likely be looking for a wanted man. Naturally he decided to head to Japan and learn a new style of racing and he knew Han was already there.

ulasamosa

Astra Superstar
Just watched it... really liked it.

The first one was good, the second one sucked, third one was pretty good.

This one is better than the third :)

ditto

really liked it, good action, good tension, good ending

TonK

Least Valuable Player
#1> Saw it today, loved it. Of course it wasn't without a few "Bull FUCKING Shit" moments, but overall I felt it was probably the best in the series as far as story goes, but that's not saying much.

#2> In answer to your question, the film takes place after 2 Fast 2 Furious after Brian gets "fully" reinstated as a LEO specializing in deep cover work. Tyrese Gibson was supposed to show up in a cameo as Roman Pierce (rumored for a long time) but I never saw him show up... of course I didn't stick around for the end credits to close, so who knows?

#3> I disagree on the loose ends thing though. Letty is avenged... Dom gets rescued and must then leave the US to avoid the law, living low key, probably forever depending on illegal car racing for income since INTERPOL will more than likely be looking for a wanted man. Naturally he decided to head to Japan and learn a new style of racing and he knew Han was already there.

What happens to Mia and Brian?

They need a 5th one.

MeTaLCzAr

Belnar Institute Student
I was stoked when I saw Han in the previews.

Hopefully see it tomorrow.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
What happens to Mia and Brian?

They need a 5th one.

I was kind of wondering about this myself, but I didn't necessarily see this as a "loose end". From that P.O.V. I'd say there would have to be at least TWO more films in the series, because

****SPOILER ALERT****

#1> We can only guess Mia and Brian end up with the kind of relationship that Dom and Letty had. And I can't see the two raising kids in the suburbs, as the FBI would probably have a problem with him (Brian) being married to the sister of a high case criminal... and he's probably the prime suspect in Dom's rescue on that prison bus, but there was no way to prove it was him behind it either.

#2> What the hell happened to Vince and Leon? These two characters just disappeared completely and weren't even mentioned. Unless you want to pretend that Vince left California and reinvented himself in France as Wallstreet and was eventually killed by Frank Martin (Jason Statham) in THE TRANSPORTER???

#3> I do think there should be a part 5 though, maybe something like my original sequel idea/brain fart of Fast & the Furious Plus. But it have to be about Mia & Brian, and how Dom & Han somehow get themselves mixed up with the new Drift King and it all ties into the whereabouts of Vince & Leon + Roman Pierce, with Carter Verone out of jail still wanting some payback on Brian O Conner? It be nuts, at the end of the film the world could explode or something, the final race on J-Day when the nukes fall.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I was kind of wondering about this myself, but I didn't necessarily see this as a "loose end". From that P.O.V. I'd say there would have to be at least TWO more films in the series, because

****SPOILER ALERT****

#1> We can only guess Mia and Brian end up with the kind of relationship that Dom and Letty had. And I can't see the two raising kids in the suburbs, as the FBI would probably have a problem with him (Brian) being married to the sister of a high case criminal... and he's probably the prime suspect in Dom's rescue on that prison bus, but there was no way to prove it was him behind it either.

#2> What the hell happened to Vince and Leon? These two characters just disappeared completely and weren't even mentioned. Unless you want to pretend that Vince left California and reinvented himself in France as Wallstreet and was eventually killed by Frank Martin (Jason Statham) in THE TRANSPORTER???

#3> I do think there should be a part 5 though, maybe something like my original sequel idea/brain fart of Fast & the Furious Plus. But it have to be about Mia & Brian, and how Dom & Han somehow get themselves mixed up with the new Drift King and it all ties into the whereabouts of Vince & Leon + Roman Pierce, with Carter Verone out of jail still wanting some payback on Brian O Conner? It be nuts, at the end of the film the world could explode or something, the final race on J-Day when the nukes fall.

Han dies, remember? - or are you making this movie BEFORE Tokyo Drift?

Because you mentioned "the new DK"?

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
this was worth the price of admission just to see that awesome 60's chevy truck with the semi-truck rear tires on it at the beginning of the movie, the buick grand national, and the "f-bomb" camaro towards the end:drool:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Merc, I know both of us were thinking of the same "Phoenix" throughout the movie.

:)

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Han dies, remember? - or are you making this movie BEFORE Tokyo Drift?

Because you mentioned "the new DK"?

Holy crap, I totally forgot that Han dies... bought/have the DVD but only watched it once. Totally slipped my mind. And Toretto does mention knowing Han at the end too. Damn my recollection! :mad:

Honestly, and I don't care what anyone says... I LOVE these films for what they are and nothing more or less. I really do want the gang back (those living in the films) for another entry or two, and unlike a lot of people... I didn't have a problem with 2 Fast 2 Furious outside of a few scenes and Roman Pierce was a cool cat in his own right. It was hinted at that Carter Verone (Cole Hauser) would get out, the next one should be after Tokyo Drift and bring him back and make a bullshit reason for everyone to be brought together. Drift King Lucas Black, Mia, Dom, Brian, Leon, Vince, Roman, and it has to do once again with Eva Mendes... who gets whacked (after screwed hardcore on film) after warning Brian about Carter, etc. It sounds cheesy, but none of the films make much sense anyhow.

Of course I'm still pinning for RAD 2: Heart of Thunder (my subtitle) bringing the Cru Jones & Christian Hollings story full circle where their kids are involved in today's BMX hobby/lifestyle/scene in all it's Dew Tour inspired insanity... so yah know I live for speed be it NOS assisted or Pata Power.

aria

Former Moderator
Fake account(?) posting in 3... 2... 1...

[Nevermind, its posting from Florida Community College at Jacksonville... hello Travis]

Drifty

Banned
Christ Merc, I'd love to hangout with you in real life dude, you have my exact taste in movies. Only thing I'd love to see more than Rad 2: Thunder Heart is North Shore 2: Back to the Island.

As for me, I loved the new Fast and Furious film, I honestly don't bother with most movies, because I just download stuff for free or netflix blurays, but the Fast series always has me lined up on day one.

I thought the movie was unlike the other 3 for sure. The first film was all about the cars with basically unknown actors of the time.

I think the first has aged the worst of the series, and it comes off a bit cheesy now, hard to believe 2001 could look so dated. I also really hate Rob Cohen as a director.

2 Fast 2 Furious is honestly my favorite of the series, John Singleton went all out and made sure the film didn't take itself too seriously. He knew exactly what kind of film he was trying to make: a glossy dayglow car flick. I love the cheesy jokes and racer stereotypes, gorgeous cars, and Tyrese has way better chemestry with Walker than Diesel. This film honestly never gets old, it's like a bad 80s flick that you watch over and over and know every line.

Tokyo Drift was sort of an east meets west version of the series. I loved the change from drag racing to drifting, nice cars, decent acting from realtive unknowns, and Justin Lin is a very talanted director if you know his work. The lead actor was perfect as a farm-boy hybrid of Diesel and Walker. His accent got a little monotone, but overall I like this film and the cameo by Diesel at the end was a nice touch.

Fast and Furious (the newest) is unlike any of the previous films I think. Justin Lin took what has happened in the past 3 films and made a straight car chase/murder revenge soap opera flick. I was sitting in the theater when there was stretches of 30 mins + with no cars in sight wondering if I was watching a film in the series. I didn't care much for the "tunnel" chase scenes, but overall I think it was better than the first film for sure and on par with Tokyo Drift. It also was a lot more serious than any of the previous films. I think it's a good thing than seeing rehashed ideas from the other 3 films. I loved the ending and I hope we get to see more adventures of Brain O'Connor and Dom in the next 2-3 years.

I would love to see Sean Boswell, Dom, and Brian teaming up in Asia in the next film.

Oh and Merc, I saw a post from you awhile back, that was asking why Brian's name was Brian Earl Spilner in the first film, and O'Connor in the others. It was a fake ID that he was carrying since he was obviously undercover. Don't know if you realized that but if you didn't I just wanted to point out it wasn't a plot hole.

aria

Former Moderator
Christ Merc, I'd love to hangout with you in real life dude, you have my exact taste in movies. Only thing I'd love to see more than Rad 2: Thunder Heart is North Shore 2: Back to the Island.

As for me, I loved the new Fast and Furious film, I honestly don't bother with most movies, because I just download stuff for free or netflix blurays, but the Fast series always has me lined up on day one.

I thought the movie was unlike the other 3 for sure. The first film was all about the cars with basically unknown actors of the time.

I think the first has aged the worst of the series, and it comes off a bit cheesy now, hard to believe 2001 could look so dated. I also really hate Rob Cohen as a director.

2 Fast 2 Furious is honestly my favorite of the series, John Singleton went all out and made sure the film didn't take itself too seriously. He knew exactly what kind of film he was trying to make: a glossy dayglow car flick. I love the cheesy jokes and racer stereotypes, gorgeous cars, and Tyrese has way better chemestry with Walker than Diesel. This film honestly never gets old, it's like a bad 80s flick that you watch over and over and know every line.

Tokyo Drift was sort of an east meets west version of the series. I loved the change from drag racing to drifting, nice cars, decent acting from realtive unknowns, and Justin Lin is a very talanted director if you know his work. The lead actor was perfect as a farm-boy hybrid of Diesel and Walker. His accent got a little monotone, but overall I like this film and the cameo by Diesel at the end was a nice touch.

Fast and Furious (the newest) is unlike any of the previous films I think. Justin Lin took what has happened in the past 3 films and made a straight car chase/murder revenge soap opera flick. I was sitting in the theater when there was stretches of 30 mins + with no cars in sight wondering if I was watching a film in the series. I didn't care much for the "tunnel" chase scenes, but overall I think it was better than the first film for sure and on par with Tokyo Drift. It also was a lot more serious than any of the previous films. I think it's a good thing than seeing rehashed ideas from the other 3 films. I loved the ending and I hope we get to see more adventures of Brain O'Connor and Dom in the next 2-3 years.

I would love to see Sean Boswell, Dom, and Brian teaming up in Asia in the next film.

Oh and Merc, I saw a post from you awhile back, that was asking why Brian's name was Brian Earl Spilner in the first film, and O'Connor in the others. It was a fake ID that he was carrying since he was obviously undercover. Don't know if you realized that but if you didn't I just wanted to point out it wasn't a plot hole.

I clearly spoke too soon.

Can't argue with the Box Office gross... it blew away every record it really could've.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I clearly spoke too soon.

Can't argue with the Box Office gross... it blew away every record it really could've.

Here's a question to anyone that went to see this flick on opening night.

When the first one came out I saw a shitload of the crap "beaters" out in the theater parking lot (rusted '87 Civics, Toyota Cressida's etc..). Some of the pieces of shit out there had exhaust pipes that could fit a 2 liter bottle of soda. Did anyone have that happen at their local theater?

Drifty

Banned

When the first one came out I saw a shitload of the crap "beaters" out in the theater parking lot (rusted '87 Civics, Toyota Cressida's etc..). Some of the pieces of shit out there had exhaust pipes that could fit a 2 liter bottle of soda. Did anyone have that happen at their local theater?

I went to a noon showing on friday, so the theater had like 8 people in it.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member

Yup.

Or worse, people got all "race-y" when they got out, regardless of the shitbox they drove

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member

If that's really you Brah, I'd hang with you. Hell I'd hang with just about anybody here who isn't going out of their way to be a dick, and I can think of a few here who are... but even they would be welcome to kick it with me. Ppl just got to "accept" that when you roll with me, the only thing predictable is unpredictable nonsense and making adventure out of whatever.

I'd like to see North Shore 2 as well... wonder how Nia Peebles is looking these days.

Yeah, I'd agree that the first one has aged pretty horribly, but I still think it's a better movie than 2 Fast 2 Furious, in terms of flow and story content. In reality the whole "gangsta" stuff really began with the Carter Verone plot, though Cole Hauser made the film worth watching ("Give Me Baack Mah Cutter!" ---You Look at another man again and I'll kill you! ) as a psycho nutter + Eva Mendes... Jeez, who wouldn't want to lap up her cunt juices and fuck all night? But there were problmes with the sequel IMO. I didn't care for Devon Aoki, I always imagined someone else playing Suki personally. I don't care for Rob Cohen as a director either, but I've seen worse.

Roman Pierce was cool though, and it was a bit disappointing he didn't show up (if even for a cameo) in part 4. "Like I said... WE HUNGRY."

Tokyo Drift for me was "cool" and I watched (in my mind) as not really apart of the series since it didn't really have squat to do with the first two at all, and had Toretto not shown up at the end, it really could have been called "Tokyo Drift" as a stand alone movie and done just fine.

As for #4, I do think it's the best one, and I actually liked that it didn't focus entirely on the street racing thing and tried to have a plot. I just wish Jordana Brewster would've had a bigger part, hell Michelle Rodriguez too. That dude from JARHEAD (the guy who played Felix) also helped make the movie, you lived to see him get killed but he was the constant thorn in everyone's (Dom's) side. I just wish someone would've capped "Dwight" during that raid. Ole' nutsack should have had his kicked in.

Who is Sean Boswell?

***On the Brian Earl Spillner thing, I finally figured it out when I went back and watched the 1st film about a week ago. At the end when Brian calls in the Helicopter for Vince he says his name is O Connor, so I finally got caught up to that fact. But thanks for that tidbit anyhow.

Drifty

Banned
If that's really you Brah, I'd hang with you. Hell I'd hang with just about anybody here who isn't going out of their way to be a dick, and I can think of a few here who are... but even they would be welcome to kick it with me. Ppl just got to "accept" that when you roll with me, the only thing predictable is unpredictable nonsense and making adventure out of whatever.

I'd like to see North Shore 2 as well... wonder how Nia Peebles is looking these days.

Yeah, I'd agree that the first one has aged pretty horribly, but I still think it's a better movie than 2 Fast 2 Furious, in terms of flow and story content. In reality the whole "gangsta" stuff really began with the Carter Verone plot, though Cole Hauser made the film worth watching ("Give Me Baack Mah Cutter!" ---You Look at another man again and I'll kill you! ) as a psycho nutter + Eva Mendes... Jeez, who wouldn't want to lap up her cunt juices and fuck all night? But there were problmes with the sequel IMO. I didn't care for Devon Aoki, I always imagined someone else playing Suki personally. I don't care for Rob Cohen as a director either, but I've seen worse.

Roman Pierce was cool though, and it was a bit disappointing he didn't show up (if even for a cameo) in part 4. "Like I said... WE HUNGRY."

Tokyo Drift for me was "cool" and I watched (in my mind) as not really apart of the series since it didn't really have squat to do with the first two at all, and had Toretto not shown up at the end, it really could have been called "Tokyo Drift" as a stand alone movie and done just fine.

As for #4, I do think it's the best one, and I actually liked that it didn't focus entirely on the street racing thing and tried to have a plot. I just wish Jordana Brewster would've had a bigger part, hell Michelle Rodriguez too. That dude from JARHEAD (the guy who played Felix) also helped make the movie, you lived to see him get killed but he was the constant thorn in everyone's (Dom's) side. I just wish someone would've capped "Dwight" during that raid. Ole' nutsack should have had his kicked in.

Who is Sean Boswell?

***On the Brian Earl Spillner thing, I finally figured it out when I went back and watched the 1st film about a week ago. At the end when Brian calls in the Helicopter for Vince he says his name is O Connor, so I finally got caught up to that fact. But thanks for that tidbit anyhow.

Sean Boswell is the main character in tokyo drift dude.

Yeah Devon Aoki looks like an alien in the face, I've never seen an asian chick with that many freckles. I think she's japanese/irish. I know her father owns Benihana, lol.

Yeah, loved the "Give me back mah cutter" line, also liked "I like you, but I still gotta kill you, it's my job..."

Nia Peeples still looks the same, she's on the North Shore special features for the DVD, the whole cast is, and in the interview (which is from 2004) she looks almost the same, just without the 80s hair.

And yes bro, it's really me.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Yup.

Or worse, people got all "race-y" when they got out, regardless of the shitbox they drove

LOL, same here...

But I was that kid back in 2001 with my Integra, leaving the theater and driving down the strip purging my NOS at any challenger...

What a tool I was.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
LOL, same here...

But I was that kid back in 2001 with my Integra, leaving the theater and driving down the strip purging my NOS at any challenger...

What a tool I was.

At least you drove an Integra.

The people who got race-y here were on Dacia 1300's and Fiat 147's

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Since this film broke the record for best April opening, a Fast and the Furious 5 is all but inevetable.