Anybody here got love for the Mortal Kombat Games?

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Lately most of my gaming time has been with MK2 (Midway Arcade Treasure 2 - Xbox), MK Trilogy (PS1), MK2 and Ultimate MK3, when I'm away from home on my Sega Nomad.

For some reason I'm feelin these MK games more so now, than I did when they first came out. I had a blast during the endurance round in MK Trilogy, fighting Scorpion, Ermac, and Rain.

I'd like to hear your opinions.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
They don't really hold my interest anymore, but I may pick up Ultimate MK 3 just for the heck of it.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I can play MK II any day (the best in the series by far IMO). The SNES got one hell of a conversion.

MK Trilogy on Saturn is also fun to muck around with in short bursts

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
They are the GTA of fighting games, or is it the contrary?

I mean, i can pick them for fun. I played MK2 and MK3 to the death, but I suck in it.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I got alot of love for the MK games, UMK3 has definately sparked my interest again recently!

I just played MK Armageddon today, it was all so promising, fantastic CG intro, loooooaddds of characters, kreate your own character....but oh it falls short because of the absolutly shitty fatality system!

The fatality system has just ruined this game for me completely, anyone else should be aware of this!

Anyhow like most people MK2 is the high point of the series for definate, i still like MK3/UMK3 but MK2 had the rawness of MK still without being too stupid, i do really like the combo system and animalitys in MK3 though :)

MK4 was'nt to bad i used to love the breakers on it, some real nasty shit but i don't think 4 was as bad as people said, i think Gold on the DC was actually worse if i remember right? I might have to pick Gold up again....

As for Deadly Alliance & Deception....i like em, deception is obviously the better of the pair but they both actually have great stories and play quite well, although the kombo system is quite stiff it still felt like MK.

I hope they release MK2 on the XBLA.

Edit : Oh yes Mk Trilogy was pretty cool too, must pick it up again! Which version though?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
MK is a fun series to play, with the condition that you have some good competition to play it with. Single player is boring as hell (cheap fucking AI). And beating down noobs gets really boring too. But even after that, it gets a lot older faster than most other fighters.

best in the series = MK2, deepest fighter = UMK3

showdownfan666

Baseball Star Hitter
I loved the MK series until it went 3D. I played the shit out of MK1-3 on the SNES and Trilogy on the 64. They're fun playing against buds especially when you crush their spirits by doing the Kintaro fatality on them in 2:tickled:

Thiessen

Camel Slug
The new MK games suck, but MK 1 & 2 (arcade) and MK trilogy on Saturn kick ass. I didn't really like MK3, just because Subzero and Scorpion don't look as cool with teir masks off.

[edit] PS MKII is the best in the series in my opinion. MK Trilogy is only worth playing on ps or saturn, the N64 and gba versions REALLY suck :( :(

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
only one i found decent was MKII, with decent i mean aof3 decent, not nowehere near the boliance of SF or KOF or any other major fighter. played snes version for a damn long time.

N2x

Chin's Bartender
MUSOLINI said:
only one i found decent was MKII, with decent i mean aof3 decent, not nowehere near the boliance of SF or KOF or any other major fighter. played snes version for a damn long time.

Why don't you troll on some dick, bitch?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
N2x said:
Why don't you troll on some dick, bitch?

like how your momma was on mine before you were born son :spock: little dicksucking tramp fucking fag. why dont you :multi_co: up & down on a butchers knife, fucking piece of little rat shit that you are.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I really like mk2 and mkt/umk3. I keep hoping midway releases a "perfect" version of mkt without loads for morphs and shit, because it's by far my favorite of the series. I had the pc version working with that hacked video driver thing on the web a long time ago, which was great, except for really grainy graphics.

matt

N2x

Chin's Bartender
MUSOLINI said:
like how your momma was on mine before you were born son :spock: little dicksucking tramp fucking fag. why dont you :multi_co: up & down on a butchers knife, fucking piece of little rat shit that you are.

Musolini bit his weenie. Now it doesn't work.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I used to watch people play MK2, but i got into it with MK3 and UMK3 on arcades. Defineltely the best in the series IMO. Specially UMK3 because of the amount of characters, and the combos.

I always thought this game was pretty solid, i kinda wonder why it hasn't made it tournament wise in a retro games convention (along with KI 1 or 2), given that both were widely played in the 90s.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
I loved MK2. The third one was something new/interesting (and not THAT bad IMO), but the second one is still my favorite. REPTILE!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I may be the only one who thinks the original MK is the best.

I don't know why I like it more than II, but I do. Maybe it's the nostalgia factor.

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
Anyone here notice that the MK series is noticably harder than most SF/KOF games? Like seriously, in KOF or SF I can make it at least through the first 4 rounds flawlessly, but I'll be damned if I can make it passed the 2nd opponent in UMK3.

This is with all machines on hardest difficulty, btw. In my head, I'm comparing UMK3 with CvS and SF2T. Out of those 3, UMK3 is definitely the hardest. I think CvS and SVC Chaos are probably the easiest games ever released, CvS with it's nearly invincible "jump-toward, light punch" feature and SVC with it's "just-crouch-and-light-kick-through-the-whole-round" feature. Man, good times.

Edit- also, proof that I use the search function.