Anybody on Reddit?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Greg this is the second time you have openly told us your reddit username. Why do you want us to look through your comment history? That is reddit's biggest difference, the ability to easily look through what someone wrote.

It seems all you ever talk about is CONSOOMing Arcade 1UP and sometimes you talk about...grocery stores.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Kevin Rose fucked up. Unbelievable that Digg took such a dive and laid down while Reddit stomped it to death.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Reddit is just so foreign to me that I am afraid to even try it...same with Twitter.

o_O

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Kevin Rose fucked up. Unbelievable that Digg took such a dive and laid down while Reddit stomped it to death.

I remember goofing on reddit when I was a Digg member. It seemed like a lame version of Digg...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Reddit is the natural evolution of Social Networking from 80s BBSs (Commodore 64) with sysops + dial up --- >> Usenet --->> late 90s (2000s UB code (this site) --->> MySpace (skipped that) ---->> Facebook.

I used to like Facebook, but it's become too big for it's own good. I use it for Groups, keeping track of cousins, Marketplace now, and that's it.

Reddit is good because it focuses on the written word, less on pictures and video. Exchange of ideas, the purest form of communication.
It's a just another tool in the toolbox of communication. Like all tools, you need to sharpen them and keep them up to date. No right or wrong, up to individual preference. It works for me, and that's all that matters. If it works for you, fine, if it doesn't, use something else and move on.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Reddit is just so foreign to me that I am afraid to even try it...same with Twitter.

o_O
Yea, I don't like Twitter either. I've had it for a long time, but use it minimally. 2-factor authentication is annoying and having things linked to Facebook is frustrating. Somehow, I navigate it.

It seems like a short attention span thing originally, but they've expanded the character limit.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
when are you gonna join discord?
Merc got me using discord. Haven't looked at it in awhile. Twitch is a long story. I hacked myself basically. I use Youtube instead.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Reddit is the natural evolution of Social Networking from 80s BBSs (Commodore 64) with sysops + dial up --- >> Usenet --->> late 90s (2000s UB code (this site) --->> MySpace (skipped that) ---->> Facebook.
It is implementation-wise. But reddit has a huge disadvantage that usenet didn't have, competition. Back when usenet was the thing, it was also the only thing. Which, sure, can be bad. But it was also awesome in that for example alt.games.sf2 is where *everyone* on the entire internet talked about Street Fighter. Reddit often fails to become the true source of discussion on any topic, usually something else wins out. I miss usenet.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I still feel like there was better quality content on usenet. reddit is just an echo chamber of mediocrity...tho I guess that is the evolution of the entire internet in some respects.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I still feel like there was better quality content on usenet. reddit is just an echo chamber of mediocrity...tho I guess that is the evolution of the entire internet in some respects.

That's because the normies couldn't use it/didn't know how.

Reddit is pretty good for niche discussions but as others mentioned, any sub with more than 5-digit users is total garbage. Children and waterheads posting memes and arguing over the same three fucking things over and over again. If you streamline your experience, it's the best of the major social media sites but that's like bragging about having the best STD.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That's because the normies couldn't use it/didn't know how.

Reddit is pretty good for niche discussions but as others mentioned, any sub with more than 5-digit users is total garbage. Children and waterheads posting memes and arguing over the same three fucking things over and over again. If you streamline your experience, it's the best of the major social media sites but that's like bragging about having the best STD.
Like the comments section on a trashy news article.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Did anyone here see that antiwork subreddit thing that blew up over the last couple days? Hi - larious.

"Antiwork" is hilarious on its own. Those people aren't self aware enough to realize it isn't bad bosses/work conditions that they're mad about. What they're actually mad about is their own bad life choices.

Anyway, one of the mods of that subreddit made another bad life decision and allowed herself to be suckered into participating in a hit piece on Fox news. And it went as badly as you'd expect. The only way it could have. To the point they immediately shut down the entire subreddit of a million+ members. All of whom blamed her for making them look bad. Again, no self awareness. She didn't make them look bad. She merely held up a mirror and let them all see themselves as they actually are. But true to form, they directed their anger outward instead of the direction they should have, inward, where it might do some good.

I don't know this host, and clearly he's a douchebag, but the way his eyes light up every time Doreen reveals some new aspect of her life or aspirations is fucking priceless.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
There's something to be said for a worker's movement in America that fights to reverses some of the horrible trends in the American workplace over the last 40 years (stagnant wages across all low-skill careers, horrible benefits compared to other first-world nations, out-of-control CEO compensation, etc.) but a lot of them are also college-aged morons and tankie dipshits who think the world is owed to them for simply existing.

I mean that person walked directly in to Fox's hands because of course a Reddit power-user/moderator is going to be a worthless turd who lives in their mommy's basement and knows nothing about how the real world works.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Didn't they interview a complete retard for occupy wall street too? Internet grassroot movements are way too easy to dismantle or take over...

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Didn't they interview a complete retard for occupy wall street too? Internet grassroot movements are way too easy to dismantle or take over...

It's sad really, anyone who would actually agree to be interviewed by fox and thinks it's a good idea definitely shouldn't be representing your cause in any way lmbo

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fox News interviewing a Reddit moderator speaks more about Fox News than about some moron from the internet.
What more needs to be spoken about Fox news? Fox is Fox. Meanwhile, there is a large portion of this 1.6 million member group who believes they should be gifted a living wage for walking dogs 10 hours a week, subsidized by the people who work 50-80 hours a week, regularly work weekends, etc.

The fact this person thought there was any chance whatsoever they were going to be able to represent their position accurately, much less sympathetically on a Fox news talking head segment is indicative of the completely divorced-from-reality way these people approach life in general. If these people were shamed like this more often and forced to face it, they might not be in the position they are in now, hating their lives and waiting for the world to lift them up.