Anybody used a GAMEBOX (2012) jamma board / emulator?

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
That is what my hyperspin set up is running. Give me a game to try and I will let you know if it works. My system plays all good roms out there it seems

A gamebox won't play them either so i don't know why I said that. How about Radiant Silvergun and Gauntlet Dark Legacy? Just curious because a setup I'm making doesn't play them that well. I have a pc I made that plays them fine though.
Anyways hyperspin's a pain to get files then seems like it take awhile to get setup right..after you figure out how it works. Drop the gamebox in a 6 button cab, hack some wires on the harness buttons and power supply and your good to go. Hour tops if you know what your doing. Not perfect but relatively cheap and easy. Hopefully it doesn't break if it does hopefully you can fix it.

fox

n00b
A gamebox won't play them either so i don't know why I said that. How about Radiant Silvergun and Gauntlet Dark Legacy? Just curious because a setup I'm making doesn't play them that well. I have a pc I made that plays them fine though.
Anyways hyperspin's a pain to get files then seems like it take awhile to get setup right..after you figure out how it works. Drop the gamebox in a 6 button cab, hack some wires on the harness buttons and power supply and your good to go. Hour tops if you know what your doing. Not perfect but relatively cheap and easy. Hopefully it doesn't break if it does hopefully you can fix it.

Radiant Silvergun plays okay. Gauntlet Dark Legacy plays very slow, but is playable on the gamecube emulator dolphin just fine. Mine is a dual core 2.2 gig processor with 2 gigs of ram. Total invested in computer $75. The external hard drive pre set up with all the emulators and roms cost me $75 delivered. Plug and play after configuring the joysticks and trackball. Very nice hyperspin set up with all the preview movies and everything. I know the seller had more than 1 of them. They came on 750 gig external HD's

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
1) get an OG Xbox, swap the HD, & load it up.

2) get one of these:

4453763b-cf7a-c1f6.jpg

Enjoy xxxxx-in 1 on your cab.

Entire thing should run you under 150 usd.

Does that thing work with new astro city? It supports 15kHz and all that? Video, controls and audio all go through that jamma edge?

No kick harness support?

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Does that thing work with new astro city? It supports 15kHz and all that? Video, controls and audio all go through that jamma edge?

No kick harness support?

In the time since I first posted this image, many members (myself included) have had bad luck w/ these. The timer boards are a good idea on paper-they just don't work as advertised.

I eagerly await the day, when an all-in-one JAMMA adapter box for sound/video/controls becomes widely available.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Probably willing to sell either a Blue Elf 2009 or a 1068-in-1 for a decent price if you want one...

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I have the viletim scart to jamma adapter and I´m going to make a padhack complete soon... but it sometimes flickers...

I´m hoping this will be the solution we are all hoping for: http://openjamma.org/

Scanlines

n00b
I've found that the best thing for a XXXX in 1 board is building your own PC MAME and running a JPAC with the option of hacked drivers or a ArcadeVGA3000 card. All the pre-assembled ones usually have terrible sound or graphics and are not worth the money they cost. As for the Babystar XXXX in 1 boards they are terribly overpriced and built with very cheap materials.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
All the pre-assembled ones usually have terrible sound or graphics and are not worth the money they cost. As for the Babystar XXXX in 1 boards they are terribly overpriced and built with very cheap materials.

Don't you own a Neo Geo X though?