Anyone else got Raiden iii

Martinov

Geese's Thug
For anyone who doesn't want to wait and/or doesn't have a PS2, you can get the PC version of Raiden 3 from Yes-Asia for about $12. :)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's here...

...in the US. 30 bucks, full color manual, NO XS type shenanigans (ala inserting staff names for character names in gunbird).

This game has exceeded my expectations-which after the two year wait, just getting it out would have done that.

2 TATE modes, and controlling 2 ships @ once w/one controller=the cat's pajamas!
Go UFO! putting Pomona back on the map...eastsiiiiiide:loco:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i love Raiden 2 and always hoped sor a proper sequel.Raiden 3 is really good but iam probally one of the 5 people in the world o likes it.
got the euro version for 20 euros(less then 20 dollars).

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
It's not a bad buy for $30. There's not the level of detail that was in II, and the music isn't nearly as good. It's still fun, but as a sequel to one of my favorite shooters of all time, it's a little dissapointing.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
It's just good to see it stateside. I picked up a copy, but a few of my friends can't get ahold of it and they even pre-ordered a copy. Checked EB's webiste and it says backordered.

T3H RARE?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
T3H RARE?
shit.
It better not be.

Hopefully it'll be like Shiki 2; low first print run and now you can find it any Gamestop cheap-o bin.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
shit.
It better not be.

Hopefully it'll be like Shiki 2; low first print run and now you can find it any Gamestop cheap-o bin.

I bet it will be a little harder to find than that. I doubt it'll be that rare tho.

Dazz_Kyo

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Haven't had the chance to get this because i can't move much with my injury. I was hoping someone would buy it and pass it off on one of the many trade forums i visit. I haven't played Raiden since Raiden Project on the Ps1.

As for uber rareness, i highly doubt it since people would rather play God of War 2 or some FPS game. Shmups aren't popular to the masses therefore when it does become hard to find, won't be paying arm and a leg for it.

SSS

neo retired
Not worth it IMO. There's alot better shooters on the PS2 that deserve more attention. Psikyo shooter collections for example.

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
Picked it up at Gamecrazy, I'm enjoying it. I can definitely see this game being an acquired taste for some, but you've got to take the game with a grain of salt. Sure, its not a manic shooter, but it still has a high level of challenge to it. Graphics are good, some of the intro parts to the levels remind me of Ikaruga, the way your ship seems to shoot out into the stage. I think its especially good with 2 players, especially if you're playing with a friend thats not a hardcore shmup person but still enjoys playing them.

For me, the 2 player is where its at. Its easily accessible, with a decent ramping degree of challenge. Worth 30 bucks? I'd say so, but everybody has their own opinions.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I was surprised to see it over the weekend at a gamestore so I picked it up. I've only had about 10 minutes of playtime on it.

So far so good to me.

zhulien

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It's funny so many people bag Last Hope for DC then like Raiden 3 for PS2. Raiden 3 sucks big time to me, but at least it proves that both games are good to different people I guess.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Bought it on a whim today and hot damn, it is way better than I ever expected.

Graphics are still ugly, but not as bad as I thought -- at least it's smooth. The music is FANTASTIC, it's retro corniness embodied, like out of a shooter's soundtrack from the early 90s.

Aesthetically, it doesn't even compare to II. Playing this makes me realize how much I love II, and how fucking beautiful it is (still one of the best looking 2D games if you ask me). Designs are generic, which is a bit of a downer, but the bullets come fast and I love it. The bullets are also hard to see, which is probably my biggest problem with the game.

But as it stands I highly recommend it, it's fun.
It's going to take a while to beat this sucka on a credit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, having more fun with this than any Cave game I've played.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I found it over at Best Buy, they had three copies of it so I snagged one. I then went home and canceled the order I had on Amazon. It said "Ships in 24 Hours" when I went to buy it in April when it came out and they never sent it to me.