Anyone else got Raiden iii

NEO GEO DRAGON

Crazed MVS Addict
I recently picked up raiden 3 for the Ps2, its a great little shooter especially with 2 players. Nice graphics as well.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
I'm not a fan of this at all. Reminds me of a 32bit shooter :(

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
What version, JPN or USA? Will this game come out for the US?

GAMEFAN

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
NEO GEO DRAGON said:
I recently picked up raiden 3 for the Ps2, its a great little shooter especially with 2 players. Nice graphics as well.

Don't think it is coming here to USA, but you got the Euro cheapie release right?

Btw, your sig.... OMG, that was the ONLY comic I grew up reading back in Hong Kong.... Brings back such memories.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
NEO GEO DRAGON said:

I haven't played it yet because it really looks bad on my 14" TV. But it's fast paced, and cheap even for an import

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I guess they'll never release it here in the States. My friend played the game in Japan and loved it because he likes the older style SHMUPS. I'll check Play-Asia if they get it cheaper.

TWE

Zero's Secretary
Raiden III is a complete bore. I had trouble staying awake while playing it.
I'd rather watch grass grow, personally.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy this game.

NEO GEO DRAGON

Crazed MVS Addict
Lastblade said:
Btw, your sig.... OMG, that was the ONLY comic I grew up reading back in Hong Kong.... Brings back such memories.

Its great. Its from an old master Q comic:) . Still got a few volumes at home that I read now and again.

BTW Raiden 3 is PAL version.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I like Raiden III, bought the PS2 port on release.

It's oldschool pattern-based Raiden with slow ship speed through and through, just with different graphics, if you like the first two games you will enjoy this one, as simple as that. I'm surprised people complain about its speed, some of you guys play way too many manic shmups it seems.

Moss did a decent job IMO, it's no shmup revolution by any means but it plays well and feels Raiden-ish, that's all I need. The only negative thing I've found so far is the flexible laser weapon, the old version was better.

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Superfamifreak said:
I'm not a fan of this at all. Reminds me of a 32bit shooter :(
I really didn't like it either. Played it when I was in singapore and it came out. Sorry, but Raiden was one shooter I was hoping would have stayed 2D forever :/

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Last may or so someone picked up the rights to do raiden 3 in the US, but that's the last I heard of it. No release date or anything is known. At this point I'm sure it's cancelled.

Matt

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Force said:
Last may or so someone picked up the rights to do raiden 3 in the US, but that's the last I heard of it. No release date or anything is known. At this point I'm sure it's cancelled.

Matt
It was gonna be publish by XS games.

It supose to come out last year but nothing happen.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. I'm glad I own it.

Last edited:

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
I like the old Raidens so if a really cheap PAL copy turns up I'll grab it. I'm in no hurry though.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. I'm glad I own it.

It definitely gets more shit than it deserves, but I personally don't think it lives up to the raiden name.

I've loved every other game in the series, so maybe my expectations were a bit to high.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I saw the title entry on Playstation.com and the publisher was XS Games. Hopefully it will be released this year. Might have to track down a JPN PS2.

GAMEFAN

Kiken

Camel Slug
Gamefan said:
I saw the title entry on Playstation.com and the publisher was XS Games. Hopefully it will be released this year. Might have to track down a JPN PS2.

GAMEFAN

There was discussion about this on Shmups recently... apparently, some other small publisher has secured the rights to release Raiden III in the US: UFO Entertainment.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Kiken said:
There was discussion about this on Shmups recently... apparently, some other small publisher has secured the rights to release Raiden III in the US: UFO Entertainment.

That's good news. I thought all hope was lost and started looking for the japanese release, couldn't find anyone with that game.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I have Raiden I on Atari Jaguar.....pretty cool game. Reminds me of Tiger-Heli on NES.