Anyone ever try one of these? Pandora Box DX

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Pandora Box DX

I had an older one that sold a while back to someone here. It wasn't great, but it was a fairly inexpensive toy that did as advertised.

It looks like this one I linked to also plays Killer Instinct 1 and 2.. but Im not certain. Ive already sent a message to the seller to see what they have to say, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with some of these newer Pandora Boxen.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I’m pretty sure when they say Killer Instinct it is the SNES and N64 Versions. YouTube videos should be able to confirm this.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Not sure about KI, but I have a PB6 (JAMMA). If you can get over the screen tearing and some games being partially or completely jacked, it's great. Not for serious gameplay, but definitely great to test out stuff you're interested in or to let kids mess around with. It's also nice because you can add FBA and console roms for stuff that's missing. You can even play in tate for some things.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I would definitely buy one myself if they had arcade KI1. The real board price is just so ridiculous now.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I think pandora boxes suck

1533482961145.jpg

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I have a Pandora Box 6 in my bartop and it does a decent job. It's jamma plug and play, and there are various rompacks online that you copy to a disc and it will add them. Those rompacks are kinda shitty where it comes to quality assurance but eh. It's free.

NeoGeo/cps1/2 stuff decently. Just beware of all the shitty bootlegs versions of the pandoras. The market is flooded with them and I think it's kind of why people have such low opinions of them.

Don't go in expecting FPGA grade emulation, but for the price, and the fact that it's plug and play, it's decent.

I have heard that the DX version has weird issues for some 2d games, for some reasons.