Anyone ever try the METAL SLUG COLLECTION aes cart from Japan game online?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Just buy a converter and find the first 5 slug games on MVS for cheap(in comparison). Only MS5 can set you back

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Totally not worth it for the price. Over $250 plus shipping costs to play 6 games out of the library, when a NeoSD or DS AES will set you back $500-$600, and you’ll be set for life. I would shoot a message over to Stone Age Gamer to see if they have an ETA for a restock of NeoSD AES carts. It’s worth being patient and spending the extra cash to be able to play the entire library, including the great MVS exclusives, and unreleased games like SSVP/Ghostlop.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
Totally not worth it for the price. Over $250 plus shipping costs to play 6 games out of the library, when a NeoSD or DS AES will set you back $500-$600, and you’ll be set for life. I would shoot a message over to Stone Age Gamer to see if they have an ETA for a restock of NeoSD AES carts. It’s worth being patient and spending the extra cash to be able to play the entire library, including the great MVS exclusives, and unreleased games like SSVP/Ghostlop.

That’s a very good point. Rumblings i have heard is it will be six months or so for the neosd. I emailed Terraonion and they aren’t even sure themselves because supply chain issues with parts. They have the mvs Version in Stock but not the aes. I’m not sure what to make of that. But I agree. I just want some other games to play in the meantime. But believe me if I could get my hands on an neosd at a reasonable price I’d jump all over it!

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
For now, you can just grab a 161-in-1 cart for the time being - $150 max. There are a lot of hacks and duplicates in the set, and there are some glaring omissions from the set, but it will tide you over until you can get the Neo SD as the majority of the games are great. Once you get your Neo SD, you can sell your 161. There are a ton on Ebay right now.

Sublimewls

New Challenger
For now, you can just grab a 161-in-1 cart for the time being - $150 max. There are a lot of hacks and duplicates in the set, and there are some glaring omissions from the set, but it will tide you over until you can get the Neo SD as the majority of the games are great. Once you get your Neo SD, you can sell your 161. There are a ton on Ebay right now.

I’ve heard those can damage the console. Is that true? Any specific cart to look for?