Anyone getting Dying Light 2 this Friday?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
In case anyone doesn't know what it is: https://dl2.dyinglightgame.com/

It's been some time since the 1st game was released. Part 2 has been delayed multiple times... surprised it's finally coming out. I was looking at the different "versions" on Steam... regular game $59.99, Deluxe edition $79.99, Ultimate edition $99.99 - and debating to myself "do I really want to pay that much?"... yet here I am buying AES games off of eBay. :ROFLMAO:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The first one gave me motion sickness to the point that I had to permanently stop playing it. I tried watching a few gameplay videos of the new one and I got through maybe 10 seconds before I had to turn the video off. Techland's never been great at that, but I don't remember having issues with either Dead Island somehow.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Well I had a blast. Started playing it Friday night, played a good amount yesterday and just finished it this morning.
IMG_3804.jpg

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Kudos where it's due- decided to give it a shot, and Techland did a really nice job of alleviating the motion sickness issues this time around. Maybe it's the locked 60 fps, I dunno, but zero issues with DL2 for me. Movement/parkour feels perfectly tuned, only about 90 minutes in but very much enjoying it.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I bought Dying Light 1 with my PS4 but I could never get into it... maybe I'll try the sequel. Does it reference the first one heavily?

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
You can safely play DL2 without having played 1.

As for motion sickness, I know people who can't play FPS games or do VR because of that. I'm just grateful I do not get motion sickness at all.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Definitely good work here. Techland got the motion sickness totally under control and the game's very good. Recommended even for those like me with prior motion sickness issues.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Late to the party… I’m not even at the party yet because I’m playing the original Dying Light.

@jro , I found the default FOV in Dying Light to be way too narrow, and the option to change it is in a strange spot, but it made a lot of difference for me.