Anyone had any luck reuniting mismatched kits?

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Nope! Tried this in the selling thread a few months ago to no avail. Free aswell but no takers.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Sounds like a needle in a haystack. If a cardboard box isn't already with it's cart, I'd assume it's been tossed out by an op ages ago.

That being said, I'd love to hear stories of otherwise :snack:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Probably about as likely as SNK reprinting AES carts.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah im not even going to attempt mine.
Lucky for me i'm not ocd enough to care.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Sounds like a needle in a haystack. If a cardboard box isn't already with it's cart, I'd assume it's been tossed out by an op ages ago.

That being said, I'd love to hear stories of otherwise :snack:

I have a few boxes without the matching carts, always scanning ebay and sales threads for the serial numbers...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...always scanning ebay and sales threads for the serial numbers...

Like winning the lottery, just don't forget to scream 'Bingo!' when you'll hit the pot and find one.

Edit: BTW, what suits a kit better: a cart with removed serials, that theoretically could be the matching one, or the non-matching alternative?

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cereal-colorful-crazy-food-froot-loops-Favim.com-456389.jpg

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Like winning the lottery, just don't forget to scream 'Bingo!' when you'll hit the pot and find one.
Yep, it is my little private Neo lottery :D

Edit: BTW, what suits a kit better: a cart with removed serials, that theoretically could be the matching one, or the non-matching alternative?

I don't like carts with scratched serials, so I'd rather have the non-matching one.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
yep, carts with scratched serials only fit in a shockbox not in a cardbox.^^

PS: but feel free to open up a WTB and list all your serials, maybe someone has the other part...actually a ng.com mvs db would be nice for trading

Last edited:

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
yep, carts with scratched serials only fit in a shockbox not in a cardbox.^^

PS: but feel free to open up a WTB and list all your serials, maybe someone has the other part...actually a ng.com mvs db would be nice for trading

Well, there used to be neocartman by xianxi, which seems to be defunct, sadly.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The chances of this are a one in a million.

I've had much luck completing kits by obtaining legit art sets, dip sheets and marquees from ones I've picked up that are cart and box only, but this isn't entirely all that difficult.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
If there was a sticky where we all could put our serials or missing bits there may be a chance.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
You have a better chance of winning the lottery, not joking at all.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It's actually not that complicated as you may expect.

For instance, if you're in the U.S. of A, it might be really hard as that country is big as hell.

In my own experience and some others in Portugal, when you get a kit from Operator A with mismatched serials, there's still a good chance you're gonna find it the next time you're gonna raid it. Sometimes it's not placed in the same area as other carts.

also, on local website like your Craig's list, you often stuff from that operator being sold by a third one.
It's not easy, but it's easier than winning the lottery.

Positive matching kits recovered that way so far: Flip Shot, Shock Troopers, Blazing Star, KOF99, Puzzle Bobbe ( obviously ) , Aero Fighters 2.
All those kits were traded for loose carts. I don't care for those fugly boxes.

So... if you happen to be on a small sized country where there was strong arcade presence, it can also happen.
_rm_ might also have got some matching serials like this.

xsq

It went offline due to the lack of submissions. It was a fun idea, I really wish someone would bring it back to life, I still have the master list.
Yeah, I understand that completely... do you also still have the database/webfrontend? Couldn't that be hosted as a subdomain of JNX?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yeah, I understand that completely... do you also still have the database/webfrontend? Couldn't that be hosted as a subdomain of JNX?

Matt was the one who did all the coding and stuff and hosted it on his server. I only have the DB.

xsq

bummer. I'm guessing Matt (Xiao_haozi) is MIA or too busy to recode it into JNX? It would be awesome if it could (even if no longer updated) stay accessible somehow.