Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
Just bought 1/12 scaled bikes $7 each from Aldi, perfect sized for my Figmas. Dang, look at my nigga Johj, he looked so cute on it. :keke:

Attachments

• johjvroomvroom.jpg
    johjvroomvroom.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 269

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
A few more pick-ups in the last two weeks.

71Urfscg4UL._SL1500_.jpg

and

71aqo9fGB9L._SL1500_.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the Ant Lucia artwork for this series which you can view here at Ant Lucia's DC Bombshells Page but the faces on the sculpts can't seem to capture the complete look of the art. Meh, a minor gripe at best. :p

I've still got the Holiday Harley Quinn waiting for me to pick up as well as the New 52 Starfire statue. I'm running out of room to display all these. :(

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
That Super Girl is amazing.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I know this is the wrong place to ask, but is 160$ USD too much to pay for toy related Nostalgia?

I found a complete set of little figurines from the 90's that I am thinking about buying. Nothing too special, just a complete first series of Monster In My Pocket.

But the adult side of me tells me to let it go.

How do you guys reason with yourself , as adults, to buy over-priced, plastic, bits-and-pieces of your childhood?

Part of me really wants to buy this rubbish and display it on a shelf.

Edit: Yes I know what forum I am on, but at least you can still be entertained by over-priced video games... they serve some function. Toys and collectables only exist to sit on a shelf so you can feel happy that you own it.

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I know this is the wrong place to ask, but is 160$ USD too much to pay for toy related Nostalgia?

I found a complete set of little figurines from the 90's that I am thinking about buying. Nothing too special, just a complete first series of Monster In My Pocket.

How do you guys reason with yourself , as adults, to buy over-priced, plastic, bits-and-pieces of your childhood?

Part of me really wants to buy this rubbish and display it on a shelf..

Long as you aren't missing the bills over it, go for it. People pay more for phones & tablets they'll be done with in less than 2 years. Hell, people are paying $25k for an amiibo with Peach missing her legs.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Nah dude, I got the money. Just not sure I want to start down the path of collecting toys of my childhood. Afraid once I get these little guys, I'll want to start another toy collection. Could become another monetary black hole.

Will I look at them on that shelf with nostalgic-happiness or shame, I dunno?

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Nah dude, I got the money. Just not sure I want to start down the path of collecting toys of my childhood. Afraid once I get these little guys, I'll want to start another toy collection. Could become another monetary black hole.

Well, I just purchased this for myself, so maybe shame is a concept not best inquired of me...

Spoilered as a bit NSFW..
Spoiler:
15i59ba.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

I think you will be nostalgically happy but you will bring shame upon your household, lady friends will start to withold sex etc and you may only be left with the breasts of the toys themselves to relieve you.

Consider your position carefully.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Edit: Yes I know what forum I am on, but at least you can still be entertained by over-priced video games... they serve some function. Toys and collectables only exist to sit on a shelf so you can feel happy that you own it.

You know what 2D_Master?

You're alright.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Who says you have to buy 'em? You could just make some yourself like M does in the Creative forum.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

Its probably best to go for the things you had when you were a kid. Its when you start delving into all the other things you didn't get to have (or that your friends had) where it can be a problem.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
To me it comes down to the same thing as it does with collecting games - the difference between collecting and hoarding. If you're just amassing a collection, that's not good. If your curating for a lack of a less prestigious word and are only dipping into your disposable money then you should be fine. If you're not comfortable with people seeing your collection, that's a big thing to consider. It's not as fun to collect something and then be too timid to display it.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
So after seeing how much an individual piece of this collection costs, I bought it. In all honesty the Amiibo thread made me realize that a $160 purchase is very small, compared to the monkey on most collector's backs. Plus, I know that I won't have a desire to collect any other 90's toys I had, because obtaining the whole collection would be hopeless, tedious and expensive.

Here they are, with a JFK half-dollar for scale.

20150103_113057.jpg

Last edited:

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
picked this guy up the other day..

ewac.jpg

not really much of a gundam collector (used to build them as a kid in the 90's tho), but after seeing this on display in the train station i couldnt resist

ewacdisplay.jpg

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I've started picking up the Hasbro WWF figures from the early 90's recently. Usually about $5 when I see em, so no big investment, plus I just like to have them. They are pretty much the only toy related stuff I give a crap about from my childhood.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
$(KGrHqZHJEsFDzL1Uj2jBQ-N2V4rd!~~60_35.JPG

get for 8.24$ total. I think I will add some paint.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just picked these up from the post office this morning:

l3Toj9Yl.jpg

qRNm6tMl.jpg