Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Wolferaizer

Gal Ageise's Demon
PO is now open for Mai.

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6018/Nendoroid+Mai+Shiranui.html

3,840 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-023616&page=top

o0515063313776315953.jpg

:buttrock:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I saw this in person a few weeks ago. It's pretty cool. I'm not a big Mega Man fan though. I was able to pick up an Animal Crossing Isabelle Nendoroid at NYCC for cheap though.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Wise from your gwave!!!!

Anyone looking at the new ultra metal Transformers?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Doesn't transform or conform to cartoon or comic scale chart. No trailer/Combat Deck or Roller.
There is nothing that makes me want this.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Doesn't transform or conform to cartoon or comic scale chart. No trailer/Combat Deck or Roller.
There is nothing that makes me want this.

I agree and the reason I bring it up is I think the line reminds me more of Gundam than anything else.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Wow, that thing is kinda ridiculous.

I still grab some Transformers from time to time, but I stick with the regular Generations toys. I don't even buy masterpieces anymore since they're generally too complicated and expensive.

For some reason, I have a weird love for the new Chromedome.

Chrome2_zps2kakpgp4.jpg

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Wow, that thing is kinda ridiculous.

I still grab some Transformers from time to time, but I stick with the regular Generations toys. I don't even buy masterpieces anymore since they're generally too complicated and expensive.

For some reason, I have a weird love for the new Chromedome.

Chrome2_zps2kakpgp4.jpg
I love the entire current line. Characters like Chromedome and the other Headmasters are the ones I've been waiting for them to do since the Classics (now Generations) line began. I've been getting a bunch, although the Japanese versions have been coming out waaaaay after the US release. I got Blaster, Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher, Hardhead, and Fortress Maximus... with Chromedome, Highbrow, Brainstorm, Mindwipe, and Super Ginrai (Powermaster Optimus) to come between the end of this month to the end of December.

And the latest Transformer I'm close to pulling the trigger on:

1477389253-r2.jpg

ruination3.jpg

image96.jpeg

Baldigus aka Ruination.

I haven't bought any of the combiners, so this would be my first. Price is a little steep, though. About the same as Fort Max was, maybe a little more.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ouch. I got a bunch of Combiner Wars last year, got Superion, Menosaur, and most of Defensor (I never found Rook.) I missed out on Bruticus.

But Devastator... Ye gods, it might be my favorite transformer ever.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Saw this super sucklord figure when I was in SF and really wanted it but not for how much they wanted

image.jpeg

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I love the entire current line. Characters like Chromedome and the other Headmasters are the ones I've been waiting for them to do since the Classics (now Generations) line began. I've been getting a bunch, although the Japanese versions have been coming out waaaaay after the US release. I got Blaster, Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher, Hardhead, and Fortress Maximus... with Chromedome, Highbrow, Brainstorm, Mindwipe, and Super Ginrai (Powermaster Optimus) to come between the end of this month to the end of December.

And the latest Transformer I'm close to pulling the trigger on:

1477389253-r2.jpg

ruination3.jpg

image96.jpeg

Baldigus aka Ruination.

I haven't bought any of the combiners, so this would be my first. Price is a little steep, though. About the same as Fort Max was, maybe a little more.

Ouch. I got a bunch of Combiner Wars last year, got Superion, Menosaur, and most of Defensor (I never found Rook.) I missed out on Bruticus.

But Devastator... Ye gods, it might be my favorite transformer ever.

I got Bruticus, and if it helps inform your purchase in any way on Ruination since it's a re-paint, I've found it to be rather flimsy when combined, and a number of the connections don't anchor very well. I got the Takara Tomy version, and there were some design choices made in key 'locking/tabbing' areas that are just really poor/don't work.

The combiner wars are my only non-Masterpiece/ MP scaled 3rd party TFs, and I'd argue that Bruticus is by far the flimsiest feeling.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I got Bruticus, and if it helps inform your purchase in any way on Ruination since it's a re-paint, I've found it to be rather flimsy when combined, and a number of the connections don't anchor very well. I got the Takara Tomy version, and there were some design choices made in key 'locking/tabbing' areas that are just really poor/don't work.

The combiner wars are my only non-Masterpiece/ MP scaled 3rd party TFs, and I'd argue that Bruticus is by far the flimsiest feeling.
Yeah, I plan to check out a lot of Bruticus reviews to know what I'm getting into, before making a final decision. By the way, Bruticus didn't come with the feet this one has, did it?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Yeah, I plan to check out a lot of Bruticus reviews to know what I'm getting into, before making a final decision. By the way, Bruticus didn't come with the feet this one has, did it?

You're right. Those feet are from a 3rd party 'enhancement' kit.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Just picked up Fortress Maximus. Hasbro was clearing them out on ebay for $74.99 shipped as a cyber monday deal, so I figured what the hell.

HAS25101.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Damn, nice! I would have paid that, guess that's what I get for not checking the TF forums on Friday.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow that's a beauty for one of their modern toys. I stick to the originals though but man I can see the appeal (especially given what Fortress Maximus complete goes for now...ugh.)

Last week I got a bag of goodwill toys for $5. It ended up having Whirl, Kickback, Predacons Tantrum and Rampage, also the cab (with little hands and 1 big) for Ultra Magnus too. Around a dozen original Star Wars kenner figures and a half dozen GI Joes from the original run and 4 He-Man characters too. It's awesome when good timing and luck play out on rare occasion like that.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I love seeing all the Transformers and MOTU figures people get. I keep telling myself some day I'm going to start collecting those, but really I know I shouldn't get into it as I've way too much stuff that just gets looked at as it is.

I get to collect vicariously through the members here, and enjoy their collections, so that's pretty good for me at least.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i have some Vampire Savior figures and a alternate costume Mai Shiranui (black instead of red) that the lovely Stefan gave me. i'll upload pictures of them covered in semen as soon as i find someone to jerk off overtop of my glass table

other than that I have a figure of Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess still in the packaging that I had to have when I saw it. I used to have Cloud Strife and Sephiroth, or they're laying around in pieces somewhere. I used to have Morrigan, Akuma, and Evil Ryu figures of those weird faux-Lego figurines. blockheads or something?

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've been selling off most of my toys on eBay and been getting a pretty penny for them. I still have a shit ton of G.I. Joe action figures to sell, as well as vintage and modern Star Wars figures and a good selection of Transformers G1 stuff. Sold off most of my Play Arts Kai figures, but I'll be keeping my DMC 3 and DMC 4 PAK figures.

The only thing I'm into now is Gunpla, as far as toys/action figures type stuff goes. I just received this one in the mail today.

RX-78 Perfect One Year War.jpg