Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Oh damn, there's a Galactus that big? Shit on a cracker. How heavy is he?
That's the newest HasLab crowdfunded Galactus. People are just starting to get him delivered. I don't know how much it weighs.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I see a lot of the fans toys dinobots on eBay for reasonable prices...or more reasonable than they have been in the past.

Did they do additional runs? Or are these knock-offs of the knock-offs :p
FansToys is third party still some consider them ko so i don't know.I've never bought any of there masterpiece tf due to how expensive they are

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Oh damn, there's a Galactus that big? Shit on a cracker. How heavy is he?

I just put together my second detolf and realized I need probably two more, maybe 3 so I can space out the bots more properly. And this is only about 2/3 of my bots, and doesn't include the Titans Metroplex, Titans Devastator and the Legacy Menasor.

View attachment 60460

You don’t need two more, you need 12 more. That’s WAY too much ota trash shoved in there. You can’t even see anything. Those guys will look a lot more handsome when they aren’t all blocking each other’s light.

@M

20 Year Member
Some hardcore collectors recommend buying 3 of every figure: One to open, one to keep unopened, and one for trading. You'd need a mansion or a warehouse for all of that!

I know some Transformers collectors that buy 2 of each character, so that they can display them in both robot and vehicle/animal/whatever forms simultaneously. Never seen anybody buy 6 Sixshots to do that though...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
If that's a real blister card figure I'd totally buy one lol.

@m nah man, I'm a one bot guy. I may have different versions of the same Bot like Starscream or Prime, but that's because of being released in different lines.

There are a few really small ones I have unknowingly purchased more than once (mostly core class) because of being absentminded, and one or two bots like Sharkticons or Scourge because there were more than one of them I the show/movie, but that's it.

Its cool that some people do the 3xPer thing, but I don't have that kind of money.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Some hardcore collectors recommend buying 3 of every figure: One to open, one to keep unopened, and one for trading. You'd need a mansion or a warehouse for all of that!

I know some Transformers collectors that buy 2 of each character, so that they can display them in both robot and vehicle/animal/whatever forms simultaneously. Never seen anybody buy 6 Sixshots to do that though...
... Only time will tell...

But yeah this will only be when the toy passes from being a toy to an antique...

I love the idea of people valuing things so highly vs. vases /whatever else traditional collectors have valued as art. But I'm not really interested by something I can't play with myself at this stage. Sure if money was no object I probably would become more of a collector/investor, but that's not reality.

Bought some new moderately priced transformers and (to my own mild surprise) an IKEA cabinet to put them in at the beginning of covid with the disposable money I had from not doing other things.... Enjoyed posing them up, watching the old shows and reading some comics. Didn't touch them for a maybe a year or so though until last week....

I wouldn't really argue with someone who wanted to call me a collector, since I tend to keep what I have, but I think I'm more just a older-than-might-be-normal guy who is still happy to enjoy playing with certain toys... And the flights of imagination and compulsions involved therein...

Reactions: @M

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Guess i'll link it for this thread.Hasbro is having crowd funding for deathsaurus which all ready is getting complaints for not being sold at retail and overpriced.Same stunt for victory saber no retail release just more haslab bs.

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
Overpriced, but, looks pretty cool. I always liked his double Breast Force (DD? 🤣) animal buddies when the others only had one critter.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I want to love that but not showing your face in YouTube videos is a virtue, not a vice.

Also, “shitty hand made” implies an author who never created anything with their hands and owns nothing but mass produced factory output like…Star Wars figures or some shit.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I got an old model kit from 1960 at a tag sale last weekend. It was in the free pile. Kinda like the old oil paint style of artwork that was common in illustrations in the 60s and earlier. I used to see stuff from the 1960s like this regularly when I'd go to the local Five and Dime store, or thrift stores or tag sales in the 90s, but these days its rare for me to see anything from the 60s for sale anywhere. That decade's toys/collectibles/junk has long since been scarfed up by collectors or found its way to the dump.

7611249058_26d86fd620.jpg

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Yeah, its actually very few parts. At first I wasn't sure whether it was a complete non-built model kit, or if it is missing stuff and was just a cool looking box - but after looking at the pieces I have, I think its just a very simple model that goes together with only a few relatively large parts. From doing a little internet research it seems like the Hawk Model Kit company pumped out cheap models of anything and everything in order to capitalize on the zeitgeist. For instance, the week the US military launched its first orbiting satellite, the Hawk Model Company prototyped and began marketing a model of it:

s-l300.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I got an old model kit from 1960 at a tag sale last weekend. It was in the free pile. Kinda like the old oil paint style of artwork that was common in illustrations in the 60s and earlier. I used to see stuff from the 1960s like this regularly when I'd go to the local Five and Dime store, or thrift stores or tag sales in the 90s, but these days its rare for me to see anything from the 60s for sale anywhere. That decade's toys/collectibles/junk has long since been scarfed up by collectors or found its way to the dump.

7611249058_26d86fd620.jpg
You should put that together and paint it like the one in The Rocketeer.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I've got a couple of those SD Gundam ones, they're pretty cool. Got them in a Big Lots of all places over a decade ago.

I bought a Gundam model tool kit from Amazon about a year ago too, mainly for the sprue tree snippers and tiny metal files (a LOT of guns come attached to sprue trees in my military block sets).
F1E5375E-E709-4679-9DB2-5C9089FCF112.jpeg

I built this one right when it came out, late 90s I think. It had the G Generation packaging. It’s all hand brushed Tamiya acrylics.

@M

20 Year Member
Pretty cool Marvel Legends Spider-Man display. Must have taken some serious time to set up like that.
1668086290492.jpg

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I saw these in a shop recently and had to do some research to find out what they were. They're called Extreme Dinosaurs and came out in the mid 90s. I think they look awesome.

• Love

@M

20 Year Member
Those ARE pretty cool and I've never seen them before. My kneejerk reaction was Dinosaurs for Hire. They also look like they'd fit in, stylistically, with the Street Sharks line.

@M

20 Year Member
Bootleg Transformers Prime: Abominus 5-pack that I got in the mail today and ordered from AliExpress for $15 last month, just because it was cheap and I've never owned this particular version of him. Hun-Gurrr, Blight, Twinstrike, Rippersnapper & Windrazor. They came in plastic bags inside of a small box, no frills. Zero instructions were included, I just figured out the transformations from looking at the listing's photos. The robot/creature forms are so-so, but, decent updated versions of the G1 Terrorcons. The gestalt is kind of a mess, but, the transformation/combining engineering is interesting. The plastic quality is okay, nothing broke, but, some of the joints are too loose. All-in-all, not terrible for the price as long as you have realistic expectations. I give it a B- grade.

IMG_20221110_173509260~3.jpgIMG_20221110_180847487~2.jpgIMG_20221110_175551881~2.jpgIMG_20221110_183018895~2.jpg

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Bootleg Transformers Prime: Abominus 5-pack that I got in the mail today and ordered from AliExpress for $15 last month, just because it was cheap and I've never owned this particular version of him. Hun-Gurrr, Blight, Twinstrike, Rippersnapper & Windrazor. They came in plastic bags inside of a small box, no frills. Zero instructions were included, I just figured out the transformations from looking at the listing's photos. The robot/creature forms are so-so, but, decent updated versions of the G1 Terrorcons. The gestalt is kind of a mess, but, the transformation/combining engineering is interesting. The plastic quality is okay, nothing broke, but, some of the joints are too loose. All-in-all, not terrible for the price as long as you have realistic expectations. I give it a B- grade.

View attachment 60702View attachment 60703View attachment 60704View attachment 60705

I'm still on the hunt for this abomination

reduced-image_10989_106.jpg