Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
@wataru330 that's Smokescreen.

Yes, he was one of three Autobots that transformed into Datsuns - the other two being Silverstreak and Prowl.

There was a fourth bot called Bluestreak... but I can't remember if he's official canon or not.

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, not many early G1 Decepticons compared to Autobots... still, we've not got MP Insecticons, and now they've done the Trainbots, they must be giving consideration to a MP Constructicon set surely? It would sell like hot cakes!

I'd say it was very likely we'll get a MP Hoist very soon. Takara aren't going to want to waste that Toyota licence while they have it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thanks fellas, now I know who to look for. I’m super keen on a Z car, and the Rally spec Smokescreen looks good too.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's great to see some official modern figures of the D&D cartoon characters (and I love that they come with dice). A while back, I found, and bought, an old "Choose Your Adventure" book, based on that show, from a thrift store.

Cool Tomax & Xamot Crimson Guard outfit customs that just popped up in my FB feed:

View attachment 62048
COBRAAAAAAAA

Reactions: @M

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Thanks fellas, now I know who to look for. I’m super keen on a Z car, and the Rally spec Smokescreen looks good too.
Shouldn't cost much for a mp smokescreen i all ways see ko's of it at various sites for cheap.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
There was a fourth bot called Bluestreak... but I can't remember if he's official canon or not.
The 1984 American G1 debut moniker for said character based on original JP Diaclone toy w/ Datsun 280ZX Turbo car mode was Bluestreak.

Its name was temporarily substituted with the alternate "Silverstreak" in 2003, owing to some U.S. trademark expiration issue which got resolved by Hasbro later that decade.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The 1984 American G1 debut moniker for said character based on original JP Diaclone toy w/ Datsun 280ZX Turbo car mode was Bluestreak.

Its name was temporarily substituted with the alternate "Silverstreak" in 2003, owing to some U.S. trademark expiration issue which got resolved by Hasbro later that decade.
Thanks - I knew there was some weird thing going on with that, but couldn't remember the specifics.

So, basically, they're the same character.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I think I have silverstreak, no idea who was in the cartoon

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Wasn’t Prowl another one?

I wouldn’t mind getting into MP transformers. i do like the cartoon looking ones quite a bit.

Problem is from what I can tell it is a pain in the ass to transform them and I know my 3 year old would want me to constantly do it. Maybe when he is older. For now the playskool transformers will suffice :D

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Wasn’t Prowl another one?

I wouldn’t mind getting into MP transformers. i do like the cartoon looking ones quite a bit.

Problem is from what I can tell it is a pain in the ass to transform them and I know my 3 year old would want me to constantly do it. Maybe when he is older. For now the playskool transformers will suffice :D
I only have 3 MPs, but I have a few big or complex ones, and I know my 5 year old nephew wants to play with them really bad. He's not allowed to. I told him he can have them all when he's at least 15.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I only have 3 MPs, but I have a few big or complex ones, and I know my 5 year old nephew wants to play with them really bad. He's not allowed to. I told him he can have them all when he's at least 15.
The kid's parents are probably praying nightly to whatever deity they worship and any others that might be listening that he doesn't still want to play with the toy robots by the time he reaches 15.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

The show accurate Starscream is mainly the one I'm after, but not for $300. My V1.0 Skywarp is enough Starscream for me.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Screenshot_20230117-125502-295.png
McFarlane Toys "DC Multiverse: Justice League The Darkseid War Lex Luthor Power Suit". After Rot got demodded, Lex capitalized on the power vacuum at N-G.com and used it to his advantage to obtain Darkseid's power and become ruler of Apokolips. I bought this as much for the throne as the figure. Lex's obsession/jealousy with Superman is in full force here!Screenshot_20230117-125534-684.png
The figure sculpt is quite good (except his hands are too small), but, needed more paint apps, particularly a black wash with blue drybrushing on top, to really bring out all of that detail in the armor. The throne does have a wash, but, it's heavier on one side than the other, which hurts the effect. Said chair is also cheap, hollow plastic and looks like crap from the back. You also get a basic black disc stand for Lex and a collector's card (I got two copies because Todd McFarlane and I are tight like that).
Screenshot_20230117-125604-053.png

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Glad to see this thread has a life of its own. I am contemplating getting back into TF MP. Still have the Soundblaster MP boxed.

Reactions: @M

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I think I have silverstreak, no idea who was in the cartoon

There is only Bluestreak.

“Silverstreak” is a legal creation no real fan would recognize, like Rodimus Major or Nameless One. “Silver streak” isn’t even a thing, the expression is “Blue Streak”; something that moves or talks fast. “Silver streak” isn’t in the dictionary.

Let’s stay focused people…don’t let TFs get Shazammed.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I recently found out about this company called New Wave Toys and have kinda fallen in love with their mini arcade machines. Pretty good quality in terms of build and surprisingly kinda playable despite being like 12 inches tall each.

The change machine is actual a usb hub to charge all the arcades which I thought was cute.

I’m kinda late to the party on these so trying to get these on eBay is insane but luckily found Centipede, Tempest and Asteroids at a reasonable price from a single seller...tho they were dirty as hell. Missle Command and the change machine are still available through their site...as is Q-Bert and 1942.

So I picked another one of those change machines except it is in blue and white....otherwise exactly the same

Looks like New Wave Toys next release is not going to be a game, but rather this fortune telling Zoltar. It’s interesting in that it matches the whole mini arcade theme...but i’ll probably pass on this one.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Don't you want Zoltar to give you life advice on a daily basis, moe?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
That's a lot of figures that will assist you with never feeling the touch of a (non ceramic) woman again