Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Locating the ground pin up on an outlet is a safety measure. When something drops, falls on an inserted plug, the grounding pin runs through the base of the plug there and is what will catch the blow. If the plug gets partially pulled out of the wall in the process it won't cause an electrical hazard. This was typically used in industrial and commercial settings, but made its way into the home.

Also, the other way with the ground down.

When grabbing a plug to disengage it from the electrical outlet, a person’s index finger generally reaches around the bottom of the plug. Their finger would be more likely to come into contact with the ground plug rather than the live prongs. Also, lots of things like lamps, chargers and timers are oriented for plugging into a prong-down outlet. GFCI electrical outlets are also meant to be installed ground pin down, as they feature text on the test and reset buttons that orient in this way.

This is starting to sound like the “why do you back into parking spaces” thread. Many people all doing the same thing for innumerable contrived reasons they all think are the real one.

I mean…come on. Instead of installing the plug one way or another just in case some asshole left it half undone AND also dropped a penny into this one cubic inch of space…that’s not safe thinking, it’s OCD. Safe thinking would be to relocate the outlet, put a cover on it, permanently wire it, or just dump all your metal shavings somewhere else.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
This is starting to sound like the “why do you back into parking spaces” thread. Many people all doing the same thing for innumerable contrived reasons they all think are the real one.

I mean…come on. Instead of installing the plug one way or another just in case some asshole left it half undone AND also dropped a penny into this one cubic inch of space…that’s not safe thinking, it’s OCD. Safe thinking would be to relocate the outlet, put a cover on it, permanently wire it, or just dump all your metal shavings somewhere else.

Wow, you really do think you know everything, don't you?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member

I suppose any reason is contrived, just like why they use different color outlets for different things. If someone wants to put their outlets ground side up in a home, it's fine. It's normally just an industrial thing and usually required by code. You'll also see it in hospitals, and by the way you'll see red outlets there a lot as well. With The same contrived reason you see red outlets in other place, it's because they are connected to a back up power source.

But really, if a person is worried about the position of the ground plug on their outlet, they could just install a rotating outlet as those have been a thing for a long time. The really cool thing about them is that once a plug is inserted they lock into that position.

360_electrical_36012_a_15a_rotating_duplex_outlet_1179068.jpg

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
If it’s code, it’s code. If it’s code then there is a code, locatable by number. An ISO, a JIN, such and such. If there isn’t a code then it’s old wives tales.

So what’s the code? Codes, contrived or not, are codified.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Got the GI Joe Classified Serpentor as a gift over the holidays, and finally got around to opening and putting it together this week. I'm actually fairly impressed with it, the vehicle and accessories are pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20230327_135112.jpg
    20230327_135112.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Got the GI Joe Classified Serpentor as a gift over the holidays, and finally got around to opening and putting it together this week. I'm actually fairly impressed with it, the vehicle and accessories are pretty cool.

Hand it over "This I command"

Yoshi

20 Year Member
My Arkham City Riddler and Jedi Survivor Cal Kestis arrived today. I started collecting the game related sub-lines as a way to control the size of my collection. That worked well until McFarlane and Hasbro apparently figured out that they sell. 😓

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
serious business

hasbto and wizards have been shitters for a while now. Like censoring cards to get goodboy points from sjws https://outof.games/news/1449-7-mag...ed-from-play-due-to-racial-depictions/?page=3 View attachment 65214
serious business

hasbto and wizards have been shitters for a while now. Like censoring cards to get goodboy points from sjws https://outof.games/news/1449-7-mag...ed-from-play-due-to-racial-depictions/?page=3 View attachment 65214View attachment 65215

You must absolutely hate Jump comics then. They’ve been back-censoring their own shit since Video Girl Ai.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I find it very easy to avoid new Diaclone. It’s all dull and covered in lumpy chunky greeble…pretty much like new mainline Transformers. Some of the gimmicks are impressive but not as impressive as the stuff back in the day. Also the prices are nuts.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Must .. not start buying diaclone reboot

View attachment 65264
The chest area makes me think of the white mech from Robot Jox.

That's a rad fig.

I got the Transformers cartoon colors Starscream a few months ago. Yesterday the show colors Hound and Thundercracker arrived in the mail.

I had Hound as a kid, and I don't remember the fig having a spare tire or a tiny spare gas tank that plugs into the back in jeep mode. Not sure if I got him new back then, but I know he had the guns, just not those pieces.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I remember the gas tank. I have the MP hound but it's a fragile thing that I haven't touched since opening it

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I suppose any reason is contrived, just like why they use different color outlets for different things. If someone wants to put their outlets ground side up in a home, it's fine. It's normally just an industrial thing and usually required by code. You'll also see it in hospitals, and by the way you'll see red outlets there a lot as well. With The same contrived reason you see red outlets in other place, it's because they are connected to a back up power source.

But really, if a person is worried about the position of the ground plug on their outlet, they could just install a rotating outlet as those have been a thing for a long time. The really cool thing about them is that once a plug is inserted they lock into that position.

View attachment 64155
HOW HAVE I NEVER SEEN THESE BEFORE?