Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
There's a huge fraud thing that goes on with dishonest collectors buying action figures they want, opening them, and replacing those with different ones, that they don't want, and then returning them to stores like Walmart, especially Hasbro's Marvel Legends. This particular example was a riding toy of some sort, but, it's particularly disturbing that a cop was the one doing it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Honestly....

Whatever happened to people just working and using the money they earn to buy stuff they want.

@M

20 Year Member
That's just some people's solution to rising toy prices. Hasbro recently introduced all cardboard/paper blind box Marvel Legends toy packaging too, which is only going to make it easier for the thieves and I suspect they'll have to go back to plastic or at least change them to window boxes.

I haven't seen it myself, but, I've heard that some retailers are putting action figures in locked display cases now...

neo_mao

15 Year Member
People are horrible creatures. When I was a kid if I wanted a toy and it was too expensive my parents would say “no” and I would move on.

I think I mentioned this before, but another problem is just fools buying up kids toys and flipping them. And I don’t mean rare collectible toys...I mean standard run of the mill every day toys.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
People are horrible creatures. When I was a kid if I wanted a toy and it was too expensive my parents would say “no” and I would move on.

I think I mentioned this before, but another problem is just fools buying up kids toys and flipping them. And I don’t mean rare collectible toys...I mean standard run of the mill every day toys.

First off…theft is not a recent invention. It didn’t become any more popular during your life. Long before you were a kid other kids were stealing shit left and right. Read Oliver Twist.

Secondly, stealing a toy doesn’t make humanity horrible. People not having respect for money like you do doesn’t make them horrible either. It’s a hunk of plastic with a %90 markup on it made by slaves. In the case of the Marvel stuff mentioned they literally hide what the product is until you get home because they know you wouldn’t want it if you had a choice. Frankly, I consider it more honest to steal this kind of exploitive junk than to pay for it.

Now being a cop…will probably make a person horrible, assuming they weren’t horrible already before they took the job. A cop from a town with 1500 people in it will likely be even worse.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Shut the fuck up

Oh my! In my time nobody would say such rude things to people they don’t even know. When I was a kid you’d get punished by your parents for that sort of remark. How horrible humans have become!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The real problem is that people that collect and flip the incredibly shitty toys that are available at Walmart and Target are flea market level scumbags. They've been pulling that shit and swapping price tags to return undesirable toys since the mid 90s. These are the same dipshits that have Ikea cases filled with Neca and Funko garbage.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
The whole concept of buying a toy, opening it, repacking it with a different toy and returning it to the store is so ridiculously scumbag-tastically pathetic that the thought never even entered my mind.

@M

20 Year Member
With Marvel Legends, sometimes they just take the BAF piece (Build-A-Figure, collect the whole wave and you can assemble a bonus figure with the body parts) and return the regular figure without it. I saw an example of that at my local Walmart recently, one of the characters from the recent Thor: Love & Thunder wave. The figure and accessories were in the package, but, the BAF limb was missing. Walmart just taped it back up, marked it down to $10, and put it in the clearance aisle. 🤣 And, no, I didn't buy it!

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
The whole concept of buying a toy, opening it, repacking it with a different toy and returning it to the store is so ridiculously scumbag-tastically pathetic that the thought never even entered my mind.
Moe sticking up for the little guys, like Walmart and Target

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
They're one step above people that steal catalytic converters and copper. A very special kind of scumbag that has to pay his rent by flipping TMNT and GI Joe re-issues.

"Sorry son, I couldn't get you that bike you wanted because daddy really took a bath on those damn Ghostbusters Pops.":crying:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
They're one step above people that steal catalytic converters and copper. A very special kind of scumbag that has to pay his rent by flipping TMNT and GI Joe re-issues.

"Sorry son, I couldn't get you that bike you wanted because daddy really took a bath on those damn Ghostbusters Pops.":crying:
He's also the guy that causes another father to have to tell his son, "Sorry I couldn't get you that toy you were hoping for, because some loser adult had to buy all 60 of them from every Target or Walmart within a 100 mile radius, which is all the stores had or will ever have."

@M

20 Year Member
They have CCG style action figure purchasing now? wtf?
No. The box is clearly labelled with who's inside, you just can't see the actual figure(s) at all until you open it. I imagine that Hasbro is just trying to be green and cut down on plastic waste.
m1gepab5c6l91.jpg