Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
VIBE CHECK

bJylYB2.jpg

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Anyone grow up a fan of Micro Machines? I’ve collected them for years but have started picking up more stuff lately. Probably my favorite toys ever, the detail is really nice on them. Here is a quick picture of some of mine: They store really well in tackle boys and do not take up room

2F88D7DF-AD69-4C06-95DA-78173CDDD246.jpeg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Picked up a pretty decent G1 Shrapnel Insecticon for $15 on the FB marketplace. A little missing chrome but Im happy with the purchase.

K5cejkh.png

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Anyone grow up a fan of Micro Machines? I’ve collected them for years but have started picking up more stuff lately. Probably my favorite toys ever, the detail is really nice on them. Here is a quick picture of some of mine: They store really well in tackle boys and do not take up room

View attachment 58987

Yes! I have a few in your pic. :) They are still at my moms house. My son is still a little young for them (he’ll probably try and eat them), but when he’s a bit older i’m going to get them to play with him. Still have a ton of vehicles and a bunch of playsets, including that big one that folded into a tool box.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yes! I have a few in your pic. :) They are still at my moms house. My son is still a little young for them (he’ll probably try and eat them), but when he’s a bit older i’m going to get them to play with him. Still have a ton of vehicles and a bunch of playsets, including that big one that folded into a tool box.

Nice! I'm sure he will enjoy them. Sounds like you have super toolbox city, which is a nice playset. I always have been a fan of the secret auto supplies:

20181231-151803_orig.jpg

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Since M is posting his thrift shop top finds, I'll add mine, although generally I only pick up things to sell. I'll buy some Paw Patrol stuff or some other things here and there for the kids.

SDCC exclusive Diamond Select USS Defiant, paid $7, sold for $150. The mount was broken but I repaired it to be functional enough for someone to do a static display.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

An Andrew Bell/Dead Zebra exclusive Android figure for Google employees on Bring Your Kid to Work Day. Paid $6. Got an offer for $50, will hold out for a little more.

s-l1600.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
That Android is great. I have a large collection of them, including some series 1s, a one-off wooden one, some artist proofs, and full series 2 and 3 kits.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Tried buying gamestop stock/coin from multiple places and then shit heads the fan in verification hell. So no gamestop memes for me. But gamestop did send me this. Received it like a week ago even though I ordered it on the 25th so almost a month.

sTgkJbq.jpg

Well atleast I got refunded and a free figure. Thanks gaystop.

m4mLBMC.jpg

39vrYEO.jpg

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
I collect alot of 80's action figure properties.
I'll list them here:
1.ThunderCats - This is by far my favorite toy line and one very near and dear to my heart. I own every figure, playset and vehicle. I even have two Cat's Lairs. One is just sealed in its box, the other one was so nice that AFA graded it an AFA 85, which they informed me is the highest graded Cat's Lair in their history. I own doubles and even triples of alot of the pricier figures like Ben Gali. Most of my shit has been sent to AFA for grading, and so the majority of my collection is encased in UV resistant acrylic.
2. Masters Of The Universe: It took me over 15 years but I acquired everything Mattel put out for the original line. All of it is AFA graded. Some of my favorite pieces are the original release He- Man, the sealed in box Eternia playset, my sealed in box Castle Grayskull and my Wonderbread He-Man mail away figure.
3. Tigersharks: This is from a cartoon made by Rankin and Bass that also was responsible for Thundercats and Silverhawks. The line was very short lived and only had less than 10 figures. I own every one including Mako, Dolph, Lorca, Bronc, Doc Walro, Captain Bizzarly, T- Ray and Spike Marlin. All of them are AFA graded and extremely rare.
4. SilverHawks: My second favorite cartoon by Rankin and Bass, I own every figure and Vehicle in this toyline. All AFA graded. My favorite characters are Quicksilver, Copper Kid, Steel Heart, Hotwing, Mon*Star and Mumbo Jumbo.
5. TMNT: Now with this line, it was extremely extensive, because new series and new figures always came out. I focused on the original Toyline that came out in 1988. My personal favorites are the 4 turtles (with rubber heads aka the 1st release), the Shredder, Usagi Yojimbo, and the awesome Casey Jones. I own every figure, playset, and vehicle from that original toyline. My favorite playset by far was the Technodrome. That shit was incredible for its day. All my stuff is in a storage locker as even though I have a walk in closet, that was way too much stuff to keep in there.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Now that the wait is almost over, the new controversy is about the color of Unicron's mouth in planet mode. Woooo, people are upset.

So I was curious about this and just spent the past thirty minutes getting a glimpse into the minds of these people. https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/haslab-unicron.1177728/page-1361

My favorite post was this:

I’ve been on this site since 2002 and never posted once. But reading some of the replies and finally seeing the end result of this product I think I’ll have to give my 2 cents.

“ ya’ll need a little more hardship in your life based on how some of you are acting about this maw color.”

Reading this made me lose it, Like everybody else with my money I helped make this toy go into production. So I think we are entitled to be upset about the final product .

Makes me wonder if there's someone who's been lurking here for 20 years.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Lol wow I seriously had no idea this was going on. I think I signed up on that site like 10 years ago and bought a G1 soundwave and haven't been back since.

I *kinda* want to go through that thread just to see all the neck beards whining.

Couldn't care less about chin color.

*edit: That's not true, I did sign in sometime around announcement to talk about this Unicron thing and ask a question or two. But otherwise, never visit the site. I hadn't watched the video they are all up in arms about. Just watched it and.... so what? When you said "maw" I thought you meant his actual mouth/chin in bot mode. Didn't know they made a change to the actual planet mode jaws. But again I ask... so? lol These buttholes need to find better shit to complain about.

Like NGF stamps on the maw.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Also - is it just me or does the misspelling of 'Figures' in name of this thread made your taint itch? Can we have a mod fix the misspelling?

Or is that part of this thread's character now? :hcb::hcf::A::C:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Walking Dead Series 4 Andrea. I've never watched the TV show, but, I have read the comics and she was my favorite character. I wish McFarlane Toys had made these 6" instead of 5" scale, but, that's Todd for you.

FB_IMG_16126649811166685.jpg FB_IMG_16126649756950661.jpg

DC Multiverse Katana. Not The biggest fan of the character, but, I liked the Suicide Squad movie, so, why not? The Killer Croc Collect & Connect figure is tempting (she's got the upper torso), but KG Beast and Alfred are the only other two I'd really want from this wave.

FB_IMG_16126649521655142.jpg
FB_IMG_16126649582059616.jpg

Masters of the Universe Mega Construx Wind Raider Attack set (with He-man & Skeletor mini figures). I had the original full-size Wind Raider vehicle and He-man & Skeletor action figures when I was a kid, so, this pushes the right buttons for me. Ordered the $35 Panthor at Point Dread set last night too.

FB_IMG_16126649635031778.jpg

FB_IMG_16126649683179066.jpg

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Also - is it just me or does the misspelling of 'Figures' in name of this thread made your taint itch? Can we have a mod fix the misspelling?

It is...just like The 'Offical' WWE Thread :tickled:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Lol wow I seriously had no idea this was going on. I think I signed up on that site like 10 years ago and bought a G1 soundwave and haven't been back since.

I *kinda* want to go through that thread just to see all the neck beards whining.

Couldn't care less about chin color.

*edit: That's not true, I did sign in sometime around announcement to talk about this Unicron thing and ask a question or two. But otherwise, never visit the site. I hadn't watched the video they are all up in arms about. Just watched it and.... so what? When you said "maw" I thought you meant his actual mouth/chin in bot mode. Didn't know they made a change to the actual planet mode jaws. But again I ask... so? lol These buttholes need to find better shit to complain about.

Like NGF stamps on the maw.
To be fair, it is an odd choice to not have the entire thing be orange. Especially when in earlier pictures when people were still kicking in however many hundred dollars that thing is, it was all orange. But I can't imagine spending that much money on something like that anyway.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Shredder and Hothead are going to destroy the TMNT for sure this time, or at least give Death Adder some serious trouble!

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member

Sorry about that. Was on a binge of sorts when I created the thread.

Last edited: