Anyone here live in southern Michigan?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So....

My job is offering me a job in Benton Harbor. But, I want to stay in touch with my family from Rockford IL, so I was hoping to find something near the border of Michigan and Indiana that isn't Gary (no offense to anyone from there). Anyone here from that area that could offer me some advice? I know we have a few chicago people in here, and while this isn't chicago, it's awfully close.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
maybe you could have your friends take pictures of you in the mirror in totally not gay (gay) poses

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yeah.... this is why I don't come here any more. Nevermind.

Don't worry about Fanny... he's going through a monthly thingy...

The other lads will be waking up soon... don't sweat it Spike...

xROTx

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I live in Michigan, but way up North in the Upper Peninsula, so, I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice about that area of the state, as I haven't ever been there, but, I wish you luck in finding an affordable place that you like and meets your needs.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I know of quite a few people who worked downtown in Chicago and lived in Merriville, IN. It's about an hour drive from there to Chicago. That looks to be a halfway point between the 2.

I have to travel to Indy for work quite frequently from the Elgin area. Indiana as a whole is strange. There are pockets that are trashy and then there are pockets just outside the trash that are really nice. I know you were more looking for something right on the Michigan border, but that's all I got brother.

Best of luck to you on whatever you decide. Too bad we never got to meet up and play some games since you were only like 45 minutes away. Suppose you aren't selling off any cabs or anything are ya for the move??? ;)

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Valpo and South Bend are some good college towns...

West/Lafayette are probably too far south another good college town...

Yeah, stay the hell away from Gary.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I live near lansing; I know the lower peninsula pretty well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I didn't expect Spike to be like that over his pics.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
maybe you could have your friends take pictures of you in the mirror in totally not gay (gay) poses

Ironic coming from a guy whose #1 hobby is watching sweaty men and discussing sweaty men's stats. Now that's gay.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Watching. At least the sweaty men boxing/wrassling are making money. Fanny observes their sweaty men activities and cares enough to memorize stats and specific sweaty men matches from years ago. I can't tell you what I had for dinner last week, but Fanny can recall two sweaty men rolling around in tights together 15 years ago.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Watching. At least the sweaty men boxing/wrassling are making money. Fanny observes their sweaty men activities and cares enough to memorize stats and specific sweaty men matches from years ago. I can't tell you what I had for dinner last week, but Fanny can recall two sweaty men rolling around in tights together 15 years ago.

Can't argue with that. That's some sound logic.

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
So....

My job is offering me a job in Benton Harbor. But, I want to stay in touch with my family from Rockford IL, so I was hoping to find something near the border of Michigan and Indiana that isn't Gary (no offense to anyone from there). Anyone here from that area that could offer me some advice? I know we have a few chicago people in here, and while this isn't chicago, it's awfully close.
I live about 30 minutes from Benton Harbor. Pretty familiar with the area. What advice are you looking for? If it is Housing I would say St. Joe, Niles, or Edwardsburg. PM me if you have any questions.