anyone here work alot of overtime?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Mandatory day of overtime average of once or twice a month, nothing too serious.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
i usually work around 50 hours a week, but nobody gets paid ot in the service industry. though i'm glad the owner used to pay it back when i used to work 70 hours a week.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Hate to work overtime. A lot of young people told me that by working OT you'll get big fat check.

Do you actually check the taxes from your pay check? Extra eight hours you work, three and a half go to paying taxes, normally. Get a second job and that's a better idea.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
My schedule is basically 9:00 until when ever the shit that needs to be done gets done.

Yeah, that's me, too. Except sometimes I start around 10 or 11. But since the job is deadline-driven and I'm freelance, shit getting done means 12+ hour days are the norm and I'm often finishing after midnight. And that's usually 6 days a week, sometimes 5, sometimes 7. Being freelance, there's no such thing as overtime for me, although occasionally I get rate-and-a-half for rush jobs.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I usually do 2 hour sets but every now & then they'll ask me to do 3 - 4 hour sets. oh the humanity!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I work a lot of unpaid overtime. It sucks. I'd get fired if I didn't. I was doing 85 hours a week at one point. I've got it down to about 55 for now though.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Lots of overtime in my field of work. I used to work quite a bit, but it gets tiresome feeling like all you do is wake up, go to work, come home and sleep and then repeat the cycle. Part of the problem is overtime at my job is in 8 hour shifts, so working overtime means working 16 hrs straight (double shift). Wouldn't mind it as much if it was in 4 hr blocks instead.

A lot of the guys I work with work enough overtime to nearly double their salaries. Your life suffers a lot in other areas though, when you're at work that much.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Lots of overtime in my field of work. I used to work quite a bit, but it gets tiresome feeling like all you do is wake up, go to work, come home and sleep and then repeat the cycle. Part of the problem is overtime at my job is in 8 hour shifts, so working overtime means working 16 hrs straight (double shift). Wouldn't mind it as much if it was in 4 hr blocks instead.

A lot of the guys I work with work enough overtime to nearly double their salaries. Your life suffers a lot in other areas though, when you're at work that much.

It's the same with my job. overtime = extra shift. good money, but you dont have much time to use it or enjoy it if you need to pay bills and al you do is go home for food and sleeop

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I'm salaried. I work a little bit of overtime, but only if something big is going on.

Right now though it's 9 hours a day (1 hour for lunch) and every other Friday off.

At my last job, billable hours contributed to my bonus. It was expected that all consultants work 60+ per week. After 4 years it just wore me out. I never want to go back to overtime again.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Used to work alot of overtime. Not so much currently.

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
When I got in with my new job, I was working OT almost every week, and sure extra monies and great and all but unless your getting that hourly wage it ain't worth it. not to mention all the added stress of feeling like you can never get away from work is not cool.
Now that I'm on salary I get to work all those extra hours for free, but on the other side of the coin I get paid if i take a sick day so it ain't all bad.

Alot of people fought hard over the last 200 years so we can enjoy 8 Hours Work, 8 Hours Rest, 8 hours for what we will!

Do you guys have 44 hour workweeks like we do here in Alberta?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's the same with my job. overtime = extra shift. good money, but you dont have much time to use it or enjoy it if you need to pay bills and al you do is go home for food and sleeop

That's the best part about it.... You don't have time to blow it.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
When I got in with my new job, I was working OT almost every week, and sure extra monies and great and all but unless your getting that hourly wage it ain't worth it. not to mention all the added stress of feeling like you can never get away from work is not cool.
Now that I'm on salary I get to work all those extra hours for free, but on the other side of the coin I get paid if i take a sick day so it ain't all bad.

Alot of people fought hard over the last 200 years so we can enjoy 8 Hours Work, 8 Hours Rest, 8 hours for what we will!

Do you guys have 44 hour workweeks like we do here in Alberta?

40 hour workweek. Since I went salary I pretty much clock out at 40.0 and go home unless something is seriously fucked up at the office.

I'm with Adderall, I never want to go back to 50-60+ hour workweeks. I value my own time too much.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I work a union job and we hardly get OT, when it's available it's only a few hours and it goes by seniority.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Used to have to work Mandatory OT. Not any more.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Its hard to describe what I do. Its basically a very mechanized warehouse that I work at and a combination of specialized light mechanical maintenence and manual labor

We had 4 hour a day overtime when I first started now we only have 2 hours a day. Everyday usually above the 40 hour work week. But I have weekends off.

Wow you guys work some crazy overtime.

I used to have to finish my work at my old job off the clock to not get in trouble. i know how it is. But compared to some of you guys i dont work that much overtime . I try to keep my mind active while doing so much mindless work at my job

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i'm only supposed to work 25 hours a week, anything over that i get paid an extra 100rmb per hour. usually i work 29 hour weeks so i'm happy with it.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Im pulling on average 10 hour days. first man in, last man out. I justify it by the old saying "no rest for the wicked". On top of my 9-5 I also repair gaming consoles and computers on the side. Need some way to put my computer knowledge to use as I work with farmers and tractors