Anyone still playing Warhammer 40K these days? (tabletop game)

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
very nice. It's different painting the bigger models. people think it would be easier, but it's a completely different set of techniques.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I've not really been able to work on any of my projects for a while.

This previous week I was finally able to do a little painting, and started on some figures from Masters of the Universe Battleground.

Trying to do a little different style on these so having to figure things out. No metallic paints for one thing. Just trying to get something good enough to put on the table and play with.

IMG_20240410_195331501_HDR.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've not really been able to work on any of my projects for a while.

This previous week I was finally able to do a little painting, and started on some figures from Masters of the Universe Battleground.

Trying to do a little different style on these so having to figure things out. No metallic paints for one thing. Just trying to get something good enough to put on the table and play with.

View attachment 73351

Wait, wut? There’s a he-man game?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Wait, wut? There’s a he-man game?
There are two.

One released by CMON - I think it is called Clash for Eternia or something like that.

The other one is from Archon. MOTU battleground.

Both are different games. The CMON is more of a co-op board game that has a game master run the bad guys.

The Archon one is a Miniature Skirmish game. There are expansion that release more characters and such.

Archon also has a board game - Fields of Eternia but I don't count that one.

The issue is that there is currently a licensing thing going on so one is for US release and the other for Europe.

The one I like.... naturally would be the Euro release so I have to either import stuff or order them through Badger games.

Badger games is pretty solid and good priced so I get most of my stuff that way, but the convention exclusive stuff I have to get of ebay. Thankfully, none of the convention stuff is needed to play the game. Actually it isn't very good in game play terms, it's more decorative.

There is going to be a crowd funding coming up for a US release of the game I think. I expect that pretty soon now that they have the newest expansion coming out, as they said it will have all current expansions available

The CMON game has a late pledge going on for their game on gamefound.