Anyone still playing Warhammer 40K these days? (tabletop game)

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
I still play occasionally, usually when visiting friends back home. I dont know anyone local who plays.
I play chaos, orks, tyranids and blood angels. (I have waay too many figures.. :emb: )

But i will only play with 1st (VERY rarely) or 2nd edition rules.
3rd/4th edition rules are COMPLETE SHIT. Way too much assbackwards dipshit nonsense crap dumbed down so 9 yr olds can spend mom and dads money on their shit.

I'll check out 5th edition when it comes out, but with GW's recent track record i dont have high expectations.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I knew I could count on you :)

1st ed. close combat rules + 2ed for all the rest = win and good.

(Though pure Rogue Trader is fun for small 500pts -ish battles imo)

*hours later drunken ninja edit for typos*

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Rassilon said:
I still play occasionally, usually when visiting friends back home. I dont know anyone local who plays.
I play chaos, orks, tyranids and blood angels. (I have waay too many figures.. :emb: )

But i will only play with 1st (VERY rarely) or 2nd edition rules.
3rd/4th edition rules are COMPLETE SHIT. Way too much assbackwards dipshit nonsense crap dumbed down so 9 yr olds can spend mom and dads money on their shit.

I'll check out 5th edition when it comes out, but with GW's recent track record i dont have high expectations.

You're completely out of your mind... I'm familiar with 2nd edition, and it's cumbersome, unbalanced, and awkward as hell to play. On top of that, games take at least twice as long to play... Why do you cling to the old rules? 3rd edition had a few problems, but overall, it was well made, and a huge leap forward. And 4th is better still. And neither of them are 'dumbed down,' if anything, they're more sophisticated, with a better sense of strategy and tactics.

Didn't you get sick of getting your ass kicked by beardy Space Wolf armies with Bjorn the Fell-Handed being shamelessly abused? I'm glad 2nd edition is dead and buried dude. I'm stunned that anyone prefers it, you're literally the first person I've ever even heard of that does.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
HeartlessNinny said:
And 4th is better still. And neither of them are 'dumbed down,' if anything, they're more sophisticated, with a better sense of strategy and tactics.

I play Galacta (with WH40K mini's) way more than I play actual WH40K. I must say though, that the 4th Ed. rules for cover are pretty dumb (Space Marines don't get cover bonuses, because their armour already "covers" it).

But then again, don't take anything Rassilon says to heart, cause he hates everything.

http://www.mudpuppygames.com/MGgames.html#galacta

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
HeartlessNinny said:
You're completely out of your mind... I'm familiar with 2nd edition, and it's cumbersome, unbalanced, and awkward as hell to play. On top of that, games take at least twice as long to play... Why do you cling to the old rules? 3rd edition had a few problems, but overall, it was well made, and a huge leap forward. And 4th is better still. And neither of them are 'dumbed down,' if anything, they're more sophisticated, with a better sense of strategy and tactics.

Didn't you get sick of getting your ass kicked by beardy Space Wolf armies with Bjorn the Fell-Handed being shamelessly abused? I'm glad 2nd edition is dead and buried dude. I'm stunned that anyone prefers it, you're literally the first person I've ever even heard of that does.

ulolol-lol

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
HeartlessNinny said:

So, youre either a sheep who follows the GW propaganda, or you are a tactical halfwit. Which is it?

Anyone with any appreciation for some amount of "realism", or variety of viable tactics and play styles prefers 2nd edition.
Out of everyone i know and play with, only one person prefers new rules. Partly because he plays at official and semi-official store run games, which require the latest rules, and also partly because he is a hopeless tactician, and 3/4ed's lack of any depth of strategy makes it easier for him.

There is more that is screwed up than good in 3rd/4th edition. and you think those are any better balanced? lol

2nd ed takes longer to play because there is more going on, and is thus more enjoyable.
Its certainly not perfect, hand to hand rules are particularly suspect, but its easily fixed by using 1st ed HtoH combat system.

I'll take the richer, more complex, deeper 2ed rules over the dumbed down game for simpletons and children that 3rd/4th edition has become.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Rassilon said:
dumbed down game for simpletons and children that 3rd/4th edition has become.

:crying:

I'll be learning the game w/ 4th edition rules and then most likely moving on to 5th as I plan to play at my local game store.

Anyone have any advice for painting and assembling larger models, specifically the Ork Trukk?

I've got it mostly put together, i have all the larger sections put together (chasis w/ engine, truck bed, etc) but I don't have these larger sections glued together yet (for example I don't have the bed glued to the chasis nor do I have the driver and gunner attached to the cab yet) because it became clear to me there would be sections I wouldn't be able to paint in detail if just put the whole model together and then just started painting.

Anyway, good stuff.

I'm not sure if I should give any of my Boyz in my mobs alternate wargear loadouts yet. I'm thinking about giving everyone choppas and sluggas (default weapons) and then later on buying more Boyz and using those models to carry the different weapons if needs be (shootas, rokkits, etc).

How important is it to have the actual physical model carrying the model of the weapon it will use? Suppose I play a game and i want a Boy to have a rokkit launcher, but i didn't give any of my boyz a rokkit launcher. As long as I have a way to designate a specific model as carrying the rokkit launcher will I be cool? I suppose for informal stuff this shouldn't be a problem as long as I make sure my opponent knows.

I'll have some pics soon, i'm probably going to assemble the warbikes after I assemble the trukk.

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Hey Lagduf, just find a crew of more dedicated hobbyists, trust me and Rassillon, the later rules are crap.

As to the importance of the model carrying the actual weapons, that's up to you and the people you play with. Modellingwise it's always fun to do a conversion but financewise the wysiwyg rule is just plain shitty and handicaps people from trying out new scenarios/army lists etc...

HeartlessNinny

Rassilon said:
So, youre either a sheep who follows the GW propaganda, or you are a tactical halfwit. Which is it?

Anyone with any appreciation for some amount of "realism", or variety of viable tactics and play styles prefers 2nd edition.
Out of everyone i know and play with, only one person prefers new rules. Partly because he plays at official and semi-official store run games, which require the latest rules, and also partly because he is a hopeless tactician, and 3/4ed's lack of any depth of strategy makes it easier for him.

There is more that is screwed up than good in 3rd/4th edition. and you think those are any better balanced? lol

2nd ed takes longer to play because there is more going on, and is thus more enjoyable.
Its certainly not perfect, hand to hand rules are particularly suspect, but its easily fixed by using 1st ed HtoH combat system.

I'll take the richer, more complex, deeper 2ed rules over the dumbed down game for simpletons and children that 3rd/4th edition has become.

You're a snob and an elitist fool if you think that more complex rules equal a better game. And whatever you might think, I'm not a tactical half-wit.

I think you're a simpleton who just can't get used to a set of new rules. You've been playing your game since the eighties (you yourself said you like 1st edition rules for some reason —I admit they're not without their charm, but they don't hold up all that well if you ask me, Rogue Trader was better).

Richer, more complex, deeper? Just because one round of close combat takes a fucking half hour doesn't mean you're a smarter gamer. Get over yourself.

Lagduf, don't listen to these assholes. Learning on 4th edtion rules is fine. Besides, no one plays 2nd edition anymore anyways, except for hopeless jackasses that are trapped in the past.

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
HeartlessNinny said:
You're a snob and an elitist fool if you think that more complex rules equal a better game. And whatever you might think, I'm not a tactical half-wit.

I think you're a simpleton who just can't get used to a set of new rules. You've been playing your game since the eighties (you yourself said you like 1st edition rules for some reason —I admit they're not without their charm, but they don't hold up all that well if you ask me, Rogue Trader was better).

Richer, more complex, deeper? Just because one round of close combat takes a fucking half hour doesn't mean you're a smarter gamer. Get over yourself.

Lagduf, don't listen to these assholes. Learning on 4th edtion rules is fine. Besides, no one plays 2nd edition anymore anyways, except for hopeless jackasses that are trapped in the past.
:lolz:
Rogue Trader IS 1st edition... They are a bit over the top, but the later supplements for RT are great (the Ork 'ere we go and freebooterz books are tops, and the red/yellow compendium/compilation books have a bit more coherent rules/army lists and a lot of good stuff). I very rarely play RT, as it is overly complicated and inconsistent, but overly complex is better than overly simple (its easy to leave out or not use some sections of the rules).
2ed is a good compromise between complexity and playability, with a lot more consistency and coherency across armies.

I have played with all versions of the rules, and 2nd edition is the best in EVERY way.
I've given 3/4th ed rules many many chances, but every time i played i would find another irritating facet to the rules (on top of the glaringly obvious garbage).

30 mins for 1rd of HtoH? you must be pretty slow... But I (and Late) have already mentioned, I like to use rogue trader HtoH rules (the one area where 3/4th went in the right direction, but then blew right past where it should be).

Do yourself a favor, find a set of 2ed rules and find some regular people to play casually with. Its a much more enjoyable experience in all ways over trudging along with the twit-fest 40k has become, with the later rules and ever younger players (open 40k games at a local game shop here are only open to UNDER 18yrs old...)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Like I said i'll be going with 4th edition, then picking up the new 5th edition starter (for the figs mostly, if the rumors are true it's a steal).

It's unfortunate that many people will play with a WYSIWYG attitude as far as models are concerned. I'm sure this is more important with regard to weapons, then say armor, because I want one of my mobs to be 'ard boyz (and will give them some armor on the models) but I can forsee just using them as regular boyz too.

I probably wont use to many proxy figures anyway. I suppose I should worry about putting my models together first. I really like that on the model sprues that there are so many options you can do to customize your troops

If I dislike the rules in 4th/5th i'll check out the older editions.

EDIT: Rass sounds like your local game shops sucks. Whats up with only under 18 play for 40k? Or is that only for casual play?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Lagduf, seem to be good people and you seem to prefer complex or at least challenge worthy games so give the not-so "latest" edition of wh 40k the time of the day.

Give e.g rasssillo and me some credit :D

tsukaesugi

Lagduf said:
It's unfortunate that many people will play with a WYSIWYG attitude as far as models are concerned. I'm sure this is more important with regard to weapons, then say armor, because I want one of my mobs to be 'ard boyz (and will give them some armor on the models) but I can forsee just using them as regular boyz too.

As long as you're playing with rational, reasonable people, having the models not match the equipment shouldn't be a problem.

Before the game starts offer to write down a description like "the 3 Orks carrying X are really carrying Y". That way no one gets confused / forgets.

The WYSIWYG rule only really takes place in tournaments, especially official GW run or sanctioned ones, in which case I do believe it's unbreakable.

As for the edition, I'd start with 4th cause it's simpler and all the modern models and codexes are designed for it, then track down other editions and experiment with whatever version you like best.

The first edition hardback book, Rogue Trader, is absolutely gorgeous. It's crammed to the tits with useless (but interesting) background info; wierd and wacky illustrations; pictures of awesome old and out of print models from 20 years ago; and Imperial gospels, prayers, and catechisms. It's definitely worth picking up if you can find a copy. (There's a torrent out with all the old WH40K books in pdf form, but I prefer the paper versions.)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Well i've got all the major sections of the Trukk assembled now, I just need to prime all the pieces and then I am going to paint the areas that will be hard to access once I fully assemble the Trukk. After that i'll assemble the Trukk and continue painting it.

I was going to prime the pieces today, but it's raining and it's dark now and i don't feel like spray painting inside my house.

I think i'll take a couple bikes off their sprues.

As much of a pain is going to be to take all the Boyz of their sprues it is going to be really fun to customize them.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
HeartlessNinny is some kind of a noob, and clueless to boot. I'm not interested in any kind of flame war but he's talking out of his ass.

The new rules are for children and losers who want to play random people at some rpg etc.. store.

I agree with rassillon, the rogue trader supplements dwarf any army books and codexes that gw has done since.

E.g the Realm Of Chaos books, awesome, so much love put into them, especially when compared to the cut and paste jobs that gw churns out nowadays.

bk08.jpg

<3

Couldn't find an image of the Nurgle/Tzeentch book which is even better + the back story behind Nurgle is one of the best imo.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone have pics of their armies?

I think i'm going to paint my Warbikez, Trukk, and Trukk Boyz as Red Sunz clan since they love speed (and red paint jobs) then have my 'ard boyz be Blood Axes (since they'll be armored up and I figured the 'ard boyz would Blood Axes since they value a little bit of strategy and tactics hence their use of armor).

Good stuff. I love the fluff. I almost want to pick up the Space Marines Codex just to check out all that stuff. I love all the different Chapters and such. I'll wait until the new starter set though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On the subject of the old rules vs the new rules would anyone care to give me a breakdown on what is different?

So far i've gathered that the old rules are more complex, perhaps giving you more tactical options. Apparently the HtH combat is better in one of the older editions (but how, I don't know).

From playing many wargames i've learned that more complexity does not always equate to a better game. It just depends on what you're trying to model. I own several Tactical, small scale (man to man up to platoon), WW2 board games each at different levels of complexity from the real easy stuff like Panzer Grenadier or Ambush!, to Combat Commander: Europe, all the way up to the beast that is Advanced Squad Leader. They're all fine games in their own right - each with mechanics and a complexity level that suits what they're trying to model.

Anyway, a lot of discussion of the rules probably isn't much help for me yet until i get a few games under my belt. I'm going to the local game store on wednesdays to see if the homeboys there can show me the ropes. I've read the 4th ed rule book before, but it's been awhile.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
And some more questions:

Regarding basing/creating terrain using sand or other fine minerals - what is the best approach.

I've used the water + PVA glue approach and had some success with this. It always seems though that after I paint the stuff i'll have sand just occasionally falling off my models or scenery. Is there some kind of clear matte spray that I can use to sort of "lock on" the sand, a sealer of sorts?

Do you all use any kind of clearcoat on your models when you are done?

HeartlessNinny

Rassilon said:
:lolz:
Rogue Trader IS 1st edition... They are a bit over the top, but the later supplements for RT are great (the Ork 'ere we go and freebooterz books are tops, and the red/yellow compendium/compilation books have a bit more coherent rules/army lists and a lot of good stuff). I very rarely play RT, as it is overly complicated and inconsistent, but overly complex is better than overly simple (its easy to leave out or not use some sections of the rules).
2ed is a good compromise between complexity and playability, with a lot more consistency and coherency across armies.

I have played with all versions of the rules, and 2nd edition is the best in EVERY way.
I've given 3/4th ed rules many many chances, but every time i played i would find another irritating facet to the rules (on top of the glaringly obvious garbage).

30 mins for 1rd of HtoH? you must be pretty slow... But I (and Late) have already mentioned, I like to use rogue trader HtoH rules (the one area where 3/4th went in the right direction, but then blew right past where it should be).

Do yourself a favor, find a set of 2ed rules and find some regular people to play casually with. Its a much more enjoyable experience in all ways over trudging along with the twit-fest 40k has become, with the later rules and ever younger players (open 40k games at a local game shop here are only open to UNDER 18yrs old...)

Firstly, I admit I'm fairly ignorant about 1st ed. I thought Rogue Trader was a separate game, so I concede that point. You do have to admit it's somewhat antiquated though, don't you?

Secondly, I don't begrudge the fact that you happen to like the 2nd ed. No one's saying you shouldn't. What I take issue with is people saying shit like "3rd ed. is trash!", etc. 'Cause it ain't. And it sure as fuck isn't dumbed down, it's just more streamlined. There's a difference.

I got sick of character-based Warhammer a long time ago, and 40K 2nd ed. is a pretty bad perpretrator of this. When one of your elite characters can slaughter half the enemy force with nary a scratch on him, that's bullshit. The single biggest change from 2nd to 3rd edition is the reduction of the effectiveness of characters, and I support that move wholeheartedly.

Thirdly, I said 30 mins for a round of hand to hand for dramatic effect... Though in a bigger game, it could easily take that long if you're not hurrying. The bottom line is that 2nd edition takes way, way longer to play, period. I don't care how familiar with the rules you are.

Finally, and this is the most important point: the later editions are just plain more fun to play. Having clearer rules that are well defined reduces the inevitable arguments, and I don't care what you and your cronies say, they're more balanced (bear in mind no one's saying they're perfect, I'm just saying they're more balanced). I've been around 40K a long long time, and 2nd edtion can become a real chore to play. 3rd edition is a more exciting and fun game, period. And that's really the only point one really needs to make on the subject.

All I'm saying is get off your high horse and stop calling me an idiot because I like a more streamlined and balanced game. I happen to think it's a superior product, but fuck, that doesn't make me some kind of gibbering idiot. So bloody well relax already man. You'll live longer. (And concede I'm right while you're at it, it'll save time. :smirk: )

The only thing you'll get out of me is that I do miss a few things about 2nd ed., like some of the stuff we haven't seen since. Weird Boyz and Cyboars (which anyone can agree were awesome) spring to mind. Otherwise, I'd rather have my teeth drilled than play a game of 2nd ed. over 3rd (or 4th) ed.

P.S. Late, you are a fucktard. The sooner you come to grips with this, the sooner you'll be more fulfilled as a person. If that is indeed possible, asshole.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
You can call me names all day but the weird thing that you haven't seemed to grasp, regardless of the rule set, is this : you make the rules.

The only valid claim in that wall of text was that 2nd ed. is character-based and that is only your fault.

I mean, special characters & lord/army commander level characters are for lamers anyway.

We never used them i.e my 2500pts eldar army is lead by a lvl2 warlock.

Consider the scale of the battles and consider the rank of the characters and the make-up of the army. E.g wraithguard are few in numbers and probably a last line of defense for a craftworld, why the hell should some stripling war party like mine have any, same goes for the Eldar Avatar

Why the hell would e.g a commander of a space marine chapter fight in a small skirmish.

Stop making it so epic.

p.S

As to lagduf asking about the rules. Warhammer is not a complex game to begin with, the only problems that sometimes arise are more to do with the ambiguity of certain rules.

That said, the later ed. wh40k rules are overtly simplified in every aspect, from army selection, movement, shooting etc...

Despite Heartless' whine, the main point of this "streamlining" of the rule set is targetting a younger audience.

p.p.S

Can check out the earlier ed. stuff

http://thepiratebay.org/search/warhammer /0/99/600

Last edited:

HeartlessNinny

Late said:
You can call me names all day but the weird thing that you haven't seemed to grasp, regardless of the rule set, is this : you make the rules.

The only valid claim in that wall of text was that 2nd ed. is character-based and that is only your fault.

I mean, special characters & lord/army commander level characters are for lamers anyway.

We never used them i.e my 2500pts eldar army is lead by a lvl2 warlock.

Consider the scale of the battles and consider the rank of the characters and the make-up of the army. E.g wraithguard are few in numbers and probably a last line of defense for a craftworld, why the hell should some stripling war party like mine have any, same goes for the Eldar Avatar

Why the hell would e.g a commander of a space marine chapter fight in a small skirmish.

Stop making it so epic.

p.S

As to lagduf asking about the rules. Warhammer is not a complex game to begin with, the only problems that sometimes arise are more to do with the ambiguity of certain rules.

That said, the later ed. wh40k rules are overtly simplified in every aspect, from army selection, movement, shooting etc...

Despite Heartless' whine, the main point of this "streamlining" of the rule set is targetting a younger audience.

p.p.S

Can check out the earlier ed. stuff

http://thepiratebay.org/search/warhammer /0/99/600

*sigh*

Let me see if I can decipher this damn near illiterate post...

You just made my point for me dumbass. You're essentially saying that the only way to truly enjoy 2nd ed. rules is to modify, adapt and reform them to your own tastes.

That's all fine and well, like I said, but it's hardly a solid argument for making the point that one set of rules is better than the other.

So I'll repeat myself a final time: Just because the rules are easier to grasp, it doesn't follow that the game is only suited for idiots. This is elitist bullshit logic, and you're caught with your pants down whether you admit it or not.

And for the record, it sounds like you'd be a complete twat to play with. So have fun gaming in the past, and kindly stay the fuck as far away from me as possible.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
me! me! ME!

I finally finished my witchhunters army, but I just moved to another city because of work, so I need to find new people to play with.

tsukaesugi

Everyone, be civil, or get out of the damn thread. We all have different tastes and opinions, but we all like WH40K, so knock it off.

Lagduf said:
Regarding basing/creating terrain using sand or other fine minerals - what is the best approach.

I've experimented quite a bit, and I find the best technique is to:

1) assemble the model and glue it to the base
2) epoxy or superglue any big rocks or big scenery bits onto the base
3) wait til Step 2 dries, then coat the base in white / wood / PVA glue, then dip the whole figure in sand
4) prime
5) paint the base and figure
6) dab sections of the base with white glue, then dip again in static grass
7) spray the figure with dullcoat

When you're finally done, the paint itself acts as a protective coat and the sand doesn't come off. If you check my pic of the Nurgle Marines on the first page you'll see the sand preglued and primed.

If you've already painted a figure and then glued the sand on you can add a protective coat of watered down white glue.

Obviously you can paint the base any colour you want, but the "official" default GW scheme is a basecoat of Bestial Brown, then drybrush with Bubonic Brown then Bleached Bone.

Lagduf said:
Do you all use any kind of clearcoat on your models when you are done?

Yes of course, wargaming figures are meant to get used so the paint rubs off. I usually just coat with a dullcoat spray, but I recoat the figures every couple of years cause the dullcoat rubs off too (I've been using some of my figures since 1987).

DO NOT USE GAMES WORKSHOP'S "'ARDCOAT" SPRAY.

That stuff will wreck a well painted figure instantly (I've found this out the hard way *sob sob*) It forms a crappy white waxy build up if you spray too much (which is easy to do) and dulls the colours even if you only spray a little.

When I lived back in N. America I used to use a Testor's dullcoat spray, now I use Mr. Dullcoat. The "Mr" series of Japanese modelling goods is awesome, except for their primer which sucks Ork balls. Oddly enough, GW's Skull White primer works really well, so that's what I always use.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
Everyone, be civil, or get out of the damn thread. We all have different tastes and opinions, but we all like WH40K, so knock it off.

I've experimented quite a bit, and I find the best technique is to:

1) assemble the model and glue it to the base
2) epoxy or superglue any big rocks or big scenery bits onto the base
3) wait til Step 2 dries, then coat the base in white / wood / PVA glue, then dip the whole figure in sand
4) prime
5) paint the base and figure
6) dab sections of the base with white glue, then dip again in static grass
7) spray the figure with dullcoat

When you're finally done, the paint itself acts as a protective coat and the sand doesn't come off. If you check my pic of the Nurgle Marines on the first page you'll see the sand preglued and primed.

If you've already painted a figure and then glued the sand on you can add a protective coat of watered down white glue.

Obviously you can paint the base any colour you want, but the "official" default GW scheme is a basecoat of Bestial Brown, then drybrush with Bubonic Brown then Bleached Bone.

Yes of course, wargaming figures are meant to get used so the paint rubs off. I usually just coat with a dullcoat spray, but I recoat the figures every couple of years cause the dullcoat rubs off too (I've been using some of my figures since 1987).

DO NOT USE GAMES WORKSHOP'S "'ARDCOAT" SPRAY.

That stuff will wreck a well painted figure instantly (I've found this out the hard way *sob sob*) It forms a crappy white waxy build up if you spray too much (which is easy to do) and dulls the colours even if you only spray a little.

When I lived back in N. America I used to use a Testor's dullcoat spray, now I use Mr. Dullcoat. The "Mr" series of Japanese modelling goods is awesome, except for their primer which sucks Ork balls. Oddly enough, GW's Skull White primer works really well, so that's what I always use.

Thanks for the tip. I based some figures before, but I had them fully painted and THEN added the sand. I just painted over the sand then, but it kept coming off. I wasn't aware of the PVA glue trick.

I was going to base all my Orks with sand and some small rocks, then paint a brownish color (similar to the color scheme you mentioned) because I wanted my Boyz to look like they were on sand.

I really dig the whole Mad Max esque theme that Gorka Morka had going for it, and I wanted my Orks to sort of follow suit to that. Which is why i'm painting my Trukk Boys and War Bikers/Bikez as members of the Red Sunz Clan (and followers of the Kult of Speed).

I'm pretty sure Red Paint Job is the best special rule ever. Certain parts of my Trukk's engine are painted red (so it will go faster).

Is anyone familiar with the Cities of Death Supplement/Expansion? I know I'm a noob still and should concentrate on getting a grasp on the rules and getting my army done, but i'll be damned if GW's cities of death tables aren't the sweetest things ever. I suppose I don't need a special expansion just to build ruined city terrain, but the expansion book sounds like it has some pretty cool special rules for making fighting in the city cool.