Apollo pro joystick any Good? any forum users still use one?

Tiki

n00b
Interesting thread bump. How do you rate the stick and buttons, are you happy with them or do you intend to swap them out ASAP?
Haha like everyone else says it really is an impraticable stick. I must say that it's just the nostalgic factor that had me getting it. Back in the 90's a friend of mine lent me its AES with this stick, and at that time I just had the MegaDrive with its bulky pad so this new set was gold to my eyes. The buttons are stiff and requires strong fingers (they click when pressed), but the stick is precise and the box made of sturdy plastic (to resist the looser's rage). I learnt to play Garou Sp and AOF2 with it and got used to it. I won't do any change on it. I have 2 Hori sticks in backup in case my hand is getting numb :)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
No .Gamesgroup made a Supergun that was a black box with two dials,a switch and two joy ports on the front panel and it came with a pad that resembled Mega Drive/Genesis which was 6 buttons whereas the later mentioned was still only 3 buttons.
The unit cost me approximately 500USD+ from one of the West Coast mail order places in one of the popular US gaming mags of that time.
It was a problem right out of the box..the encoder was complete garbage.
This was around the time you could purchase a street fighter 2 board while it was still mega popular in the arcades
BB
This one?

Attachments

• IMG_20161105_165407.jpg
    IMG_20161105_165407.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 14

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This one?
That's it! Arcade pcbs with the exception of anything current or popular at that time were very cheap so to be able to play real arcade games at home on your television was a yuuuuuge deal!
I believe Games Group sold these knowing that they were faulty out of the box because I've owned several and they all had problems.
BB

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
If you want a good stick to play Neo on just take a DB15 cable (one of the Neo Geo controller extension cords will work). Find an old PS3 or Xbox 360 stick that accepts decent parts and buttons and wire it up yourself to the DB15 cable and BAM! You got yourself a decent stick to use that can use real arcade sticks and buttons for future modification. All Neo Geo controllers are direct wired anyways without the need for a PCB.