April 2015 SOTMC: ESP Ra. De.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Welcome to Tokyo.

Let's see if you can stop Ono's clone plan.

Esprade_Instruction_Card1_x.jpg
Esprade_Instruction_Card2_x.jpg

Code:
1. Tonk         - 10,120,620 - Stage 5 - Irori - PCB
2. _rm_         - 06,772,770 - Stage 5 - Irori - PCB
3. skate323k137 - 05,572,760 - Stage 5 - Irori - PCB
4. Beelzebub    - 05,170,430 - Stage 4 - Yuusuke - MAME
5. pipes        - 04,865,930 - Stage 4 - Irori - PCB

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Let's get it started :)

skate323k137 - 5,572,760 - Stage 5 - Irori - PCB

Spoiler:
20150403_235455.jpg.jpg

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
pipes - 3,164,550 - Stage 3 - Yasuke - PCB

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
haha. I suppose not everyone knows all of the rules for these since we don't repeat them every month.

I approve of both choices for this month. Not sure which I want to spend time with first. Thankfully I'll have time (last month was super busy). I basically know nothing about RaDe other than jizzing on enemies for multiplier.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Yup, took 2 weeks, shit score (+17mil) but I had 3 lives remaining.

pipes

pipes - 4,865,930 - Stage 4 - Irori - PCB

Spoiler:

I'm starting to get the hang of it now. The difficulty really ramps up in stage 4 though.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
pipes - 4,865,930 - Stage 4 - Irori - PCB

Spoiler:

I'm starting to get the hang of it now. The difficulty really ramps up in stage 4 though.

Try JB - his spread attack really adds up. Haven't played it in 3 years, but I'll be able to share some tips once I get it back this week.

You're doing good.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn it, this game and the sub weapon counter just makes me cringe, love it but the damn counter is a bitch! I guess I'll give it a shot in the next couple days.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Just sold my board to Don a few weeks ago - no way I can MAME it. Best to y'all - one of the best intros.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This game, Guwange and Air Gallet all have awesome intros/cutscenes, tremendous atmosphere and gameplay to boot. Same guy developed them right?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Not sure, maybe the music. RaDe and Guwange are both Joker Inoue games - Air Gallet was Toaplan breakoff Gazelle but not sure who the main brain on it was.

Last edited:

pipes

Try JB - his spread attack really adds up. Haven't played it in 3 years, but I'll be able to share some tips once I get it back this week.

You're doing good.

JB's the only character I haven't tried yet. I'll give it a shot.

Any tips from the pros here would be great.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Any tips from the pros here would be great.

Yup, specially about the "red box bonus thing" you start collecting when you have max power, i remember reading something about increasing the rank? is that correct?

Are you guys collecting those or avoiding?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Not sure, maybe the music. RaDe and Guwange are both Joker Inoue games - Air Gallet was Toaplan breakoff Gazelle but not sure who the main brain on it was.

I have nothing to go on but my gut; however, w/ all the ex Toaplan between Gazelle & Cave-it's not a stretch to think that they share PICs.

I don't have my boards anymore...one of you STG gurus get the staff rolls up on the three of these, and let's compare staff.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Yup, specially about the "red box bonus thing" you start collecting when you have max power, i remember reading something about increasing the rank? is that correct?

Are you guys collecting those or avoiding?

Collecting. Don't remember any rank in Rade.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think those red bonus boxes can be exploited just for the multipliers as you kill any given enemy when your sub-weapon is completely depleted, you get 15 multiplier + 1 so basically x16, anyone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Collecting. Don't remember any rank in Rade.

i had to search and found this:

"As we said, if you max out your bonus cube counter, the game starts being more aggressive: this is the only thing that can be labelled as rank"

But seems like those cubes are a big part in scoring, so...

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I think those red bonus boxes can be exploited just for the multipliers as you kill any given enemy when your sub-weapon is completely depleted, you get 15 multiplier + 1 so basically x16, anyone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

It's not quite that simple, but it's not very complex. You use the B weapon to "stick" orbs to an enemy, then finish them off with the normal A weapon. However many B weapon hits are still "stuck" to the enemy when you kill them with the A weapon becomes your multiplier for that enemy and for a few more seconds. If you hit an x10 or x16 or whatever, the next few things you shoot and cubes you collect during that next few seconds will have that multiplier. Usually you can find enemies that are placed for you to keep your multiplier going. Easier said than done but that's the gist of it iirc.