Arcade 1cc thread

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This ones for KidPanda. Who cares if Colossus walk animation is like 2 frames, this game is awesomely broken. In any case just going through my games and recording runs

Not only can you super jump cancel every attack but you can cancel laggy normals with weaker normals for some interesting pressure. Definitely not a fan of the meter needed to tech throws and the stun dmg.Player 1 and 2 side differences affecting combos is also bullshit too.

good job! but god that game is a mess.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Inspired by this thread, I fired up X-men vs. SF on Final Burn and recorded a raw playthrough. First time I've played in about a decade and it definitely shows. Some ugly execution spots and definitely places where I just lost my way. Even then, I got some fun finishes in and showed off a little tech (whiffed the Wolverine infinite about a dozen times but got a few reps in at one point). Recorded a Vampire Savior one as well that I might add later.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No Rogue J. short, J. down + roundhouse, J. short infinite?

What's up with that?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
From my testing that really is only semi-reliable on tall characters much like Sabertooths jumping infinite imo.

I think rogues best infinite is dashing LK x Medium Punch repeat x infinity tbh.

Another thing to keep in mind is there are three revisions of X-men Vs Street Fighters. Saturn is based on Revision 3. Each version tweaked some things and removed certain infinites/made them harder. Like in revision 3 you can't do the classic Cyclops corner infinite since they changed his move properties that enable it.

In any case here is a quick rundown on the changes copy pasta'd.

Version 1 :
* Ryu and Akuma can recover from their hop kick in mid-air.
* Ryu's "Hurricane Super" can push the opposing player down, allowing the player to recover.

Version 2 :
* Ryu and Akuma can not recover from their hop kick
* Sabretooth's jumping Infinite is a little more difficult to time.
* Dhalsim is no longer able to do a "Yoga Drill" the instant he leaves the floor. He actually has to jump a small distance before the Drill will come out.
* Ryu's "Hurricane Super" pushes the opposing player up rather than down.

Version 3 :
* In this version, Capcom removed all of the Infinites they knew of. And some combos have also been removed.

https://www.arcade-history.com/?n=x-men-vs.-street-fighter-green-board&page=detail&id=3212

Funny how most of the infinite nerfs were on low tier characters. If I remember correctly mine is a revision 2 which is nice.Only infinites I know atm are rogues dashing, cyclops corner, magneto, and some of wolverines. I wanna learn some Chun Li and more advanced Magneto ones/cyclops since its always fun messing around.

A shame a lot of these are not super well documented though(this is accounting gamefaqs infinite combo guide, shoryuken, and random videos). Much time was spent deciphering some of these notations since fgc people in general seem to be pretty bad at simple notation/teaching. It isn't only this game though. Nothing grinds my gears more than when someone just list a infinite combo but doesn't say it only works on certain characters or player1/2 side or what version.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
From my testing that really is only semi-reliable on tall characters much like Sabertooths jumping infinite imo.

I think rogues best infinite is dashing LK x Medium Punch repeat x infinity tbh.

I know.

Dashing lk, mp infinite is harder to do imo, but yeah, it works on short characters.

I'm lucky if i can land it over three reps. I only do it for two here but combine it with the jumping infinite

A shame a lot of these are not super well documented though(this is accounting gamefaqs infinite combo guide, shoryuken, and random videos). Much time was spent deciphering some of these notations since fgc people in general seem to be pretty bad at simple notation/teaching. It isn't only this game though. Nothing grinds my gears more than when someone just list a infinite combo but doesn't say it only works on certain characters or player1/2 side or what version.

For sure.

I spent a lot of time learning infinites in x-men vs street fighter last summer. This was on the Saturn (ver 3) though.

The infinites I can do are

2 for rogue
1 for sabertooth
1 for wolverine
1 for zangief (very easy to perform)
1 for gambit
1 for ryu
1 for ken

I gave up on one of chun-li's

What thread is this again?

Last edited:

100proof

10 Year Member
I'll let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled shooter 1ccs but yeah, Rogue jump infinite was only specific versions and specific characters. I could reliably get a handful of infinites back in the day but between being old and not playing in over a decade, my execution is shit and I can only remember the basic rhythm of a few of them (mostly the easy ones like zang, wolvie, rogue and sabretooth).

XSF is probably my 2nd favorite Marvel game behind MvC2 just because it has great combo creativity and isn't completely unplayable.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'll let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled shooter 1ccs but yeah, Rogue jump infinite was only specific versions and specific characters. I could reliably get a handful of infinites back in the day but between being old and not playing in over a decade, my execution is shit and I can only remember the basic rhythm of a few of them (mostly the easy ones like zang, wolvie, rogue and sabretooth).

XSF is probably my 2nd favorite Marvel game behind MvC2 just because it has great combo creativity and isn't completely unplayable.

I think that Rogue infinite works in all of the revisions, but yeah, character specific.

Your video was cool though, seriously.

Fighting game talk is pretty rare so to heck with any schedule!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
To keep the fighting game discussion going - I've been playing a lot of Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha on CPS2 these last few weeks when I need a break from work (nice having my cab right outside of my home office door). I've played Zero 3 pretty hard for the last few years (Charlie, A-sim), but decided to jump into Zero 2 Alpha as I wanted something a little more evenly paced. Landed my first 1cc on Expert with Nash yesterday afternoon. I was quite proud of that - and then he dies in the ending. lol, I forgot about that. So, maybe it isn't a 1cc?

After dozens of hours, I think this version of Nash/Charlie is my favorite "Guile" archetype in any SF game.

Also finally managed a 1cc on Expert (I think its "strong hard" in the AES version - Level 8) in Real Bout Special the other day as well.

I'll have to dive into a few of the Vs games next week - got me interested in trying some of these infinites in X-Men Vs.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
To keep the fighting game discussion going - I've been playing a lot of Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha on CPS2 these last few weeks when I need a break from work (nice having my cab right outside of my home office door). I've played Zero 3 pretty hard for the last few years (Charlie, A-sim), but decided to jump into Zero 2 Alpha as I wanted something a little more evenly paced. Landed my first 1cc on Expert with Nash yesterday afternoon. I was quite proud of that - and then he dies in the ending. lol, I forgot about that. So, maybe it isn't a 1cc?

After dozens of hours, I think this version of Nash/Charlie is my favorite "Guile" archetype in any SF game.

Also finally managed a 1cc on Expert (I think its "strong hard" in the AES version - Level 8) in Real Bout Special the other day as well.

I'll have to dive into a few of the Vs games next week - got me interested in trying some of these infinites in X-Men Vs.

SFA2 and Real Bout Special are two of my favorites.

If you plan on trying some X-Men Vs SF combos, some of the easiest ones to start with are IMO (these work on all versions).

Sabertooth : " Early jumping HP, jumping MP, jumping HK X repeat (works on tall characters)
Rogue : Jumping infinite explained above
Zangief : Jumping lk, Kick lariat, jumping lk, kick lariar X repeat. You'll need to move zangief toward your character during the lariat. There are several variations of this infinite but I remember this being the simplest way to land it.

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

If you plan on trying some X-Men Vs SF combos, some of the easiest ones to start with are IMO (these works on all versions).

Sabertooth : " Early jumping HP, jumping MP, jumping HK X repeat (works on tall characters)
Zangief : Jumping lk, Kick lariat, jumping lk, kick lariar X repeat. You'll need to move zangief toward your character during the lariat. There are several variations of this infinite but I remember this being the simplest way to land it.

Awesome, thanks for the pro-tip!

100proof

10 Year Member

If you plan on trying some X-Men Vs SF combos, some of the easiest ones to start with are IMO (these works on all versions).

You don't even the need the j. MP for Sabretooth (but it may make the timing easier) and I always had more luck with launch, j.lk, j.mk, kick lariat, repeat for Gief (once you get the positioning on the re-launch down, it's cake).

Rogue's earthquake infinite is really easy too: Kiss Juggernaut, then corner qcf+lk, repeat. You can add pretty much anything to it (I always did dash lk, mk, earthquake out of habit in case they weren't quite cornered yet and then mixed in j. lk, dive kick on tall characters). Might not work on rev. 3 though.

Here's that Vamp Savior playthrough. Nothing special here... just wanted to hit a couple of EX/ES finishes and do basic tech (dash pressure, c.mk link, etc.). I use Jedah in tournament but Lilith has more AI-appropriate stuff. I love Vamp Savior but I've always been trash at it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Go the 1-all on Outzone, fun little game, will maybe buy the pcb someday.

4f7111629cc45a43c4e5337000f1e6c3.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Awesome. Such a cool game. I very much want to learn it one day.

So I cleared Legionnaire not that long ago today. I've owned the board for about 5 years, and I stepped away from it every time feeling overwhelmed at the final stage. Well, I learned what I needed to learn, and it's really not too tough.

One of the most crucial parts of the run happened during one of the hardest screens in the game. I hadn't lost a life yet, there was about 4 "seconds" on the timer before a time over, a full health refill on the ground and a VERY tough combination of enemies. So what I did was spammed my desperation move killing as many enemies as a I could. Got killed, time reset, took a little bit of damage killing the rest, used the health refill and went on my way. This plan was very on the fly, and I don't play this game well enough to find myself with enough experience to even make a "plan" that far into the game, so I was pleasantly surprised. I think I've only fought the final boss two or three times before, so I didn't know what to fully expect. AND, I didn't receive any 1ups during the run either (I usually don't, they seem to be random).

legionnaire.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Annnnnd the 2-all is done. Cool game but weird drops on the first loop, after the first one, drops are in the same spot everytime, first loop its all random.

9d7f56a6abbdb8bdbaa9fba70cc9b7ad.jpg

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Which drops? The E tanks, Change and even Speed I believe should be static. There are a few versions of the board out there, if I remember right. Maybe. . . ?

Congrats! Love that game, but it's been a long time.

I think there may have been some conditionals on the different special drops. My memory is unclear.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Any SP drop is random, the boxes are static yes, but speed, energy extend, 1ups, super balls, super burner are all random on the first loop. 2nd loop the item drops are mostly static that I've seen. I'm playing the JP revision.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Any SP drop is random, the boxes are static yes, but speed, energy extend, 1ups, super balls, super burner are all random on the first loop. 2nd loop the item drops are mostly static that I've seen. I'm playing the JP revision.

Thanks. Note to self if some day I ever give it a whirl again - I wasn't nearly as good as you, but damn do I like those shooters where you can be a little dude and run around.

Congrats again!

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Vengeance burns eternal. Got a run recorded of Punisher from real hardware. Definitely plan to record a Hardest run, maybe a no grenade too.

I always thought Punisher and Nick were identical in terms of attacks/frame data. Nick Fury has a better dash attack and sightly bigger jumping attack. Punisher has a better desperation attack that hits 2 times in the corner against enemies, 3 on king pin iirc. He also seems to recover faster on flash kick and punches imo.

Was looking at the hitboxes with a cool build of mame and got this

J4a1DaC.jpg

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Vengeance burns eternal. Got a run recorded of Punisher from real hardware. Definitely plan to record a Hardest run, maybe a no grenade too.

I always thought Punisher and Nick were identical in terms of attacks/frame data. Nick Fury has a better dash attack and sightly bigger jumping attack. Punisher has a better desperation attack that hits 2 times in the corner against enemies, 3 on king pin iirc. He also seems to recover faster on flash kick and punches imo.

Was looking at the hitboxes with a cool build of mame and got this

J4a1DaC.jpg

Oh, awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely play around with this later this week - Nick Fury looks interesting. When I got my CPS2 modded with the Darksoft all in one I was surprised to see the Punisher on there (as it's technically CPS 1.5) when I got it back in. I've only played the Genesis version back in the day and wasn't impressed.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I’m not that great of a player at most arcade games, but here’s my sucky list anyway :lolz:

Magical Drop III - All (including Black Pierrot, won by line out not quota)
Money Idol Exchanger - All

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
Finally got around to recording a run of Tinkle Star Sprites. Last boss is pretty overpowered.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
not particularly exciting, but i beat the first loop of punchout. that game is.. not good. i think i probably wouldn't judge it so harshly if the console versions weren't so much more responsive

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
not particularly exciting, but i beat the first loop of punchout. that game is.. not good. i think i probably wouldn't judge it so harshly if the console versions weren't so much more responsive

i just want to say, your avatar is pretty awesome. that's the ship from soldier blade! <3 one of my favorite shooters.