Arcade marquees with cool artwork?

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
So I'm looking to decorate my office/game room with some old arcade marquees. Some thoughts have crossed my mind, but I'm really just looking for ones with cool artwork. Thought you guys would be a good group to ask.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
SF Alpha 3 has a pretty sweet one:

DSC02191.jpg

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Is there a particular era, artist or color scheme you like? Grouping marquees that look similar might look best and cohesive. The era largely determines the material it will be made out of, too.

My personal favorite is Karate Champ.

Karate Champ

I like the colors in Mr. Do and Aurail.

Mr. Do's Wild Ride

Aurail

I like the story in P.O.W.

P.O.W.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
It would be for my home office.

As far as genre, I'm an 90s era arcade kid. I was huge into fighters, but I got Capcom and SNK stuff everywhere, so I'm kinda straying away from that.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
When I ran the game room in my old job, I brought in lots or marquees and game posters and hung them up all over the back wall of the store where the games were. There's lots of cool headers out there. KLOV's site usually has pics of them with their game descriptions. Depending on the game genre and time era, there were some good ones and even the classics games with their bright colors and hokey artwork are winners.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If I were you, I wouldn't go with whatever 'looks cool' - I'd go with whatever games I played as a kid in the arcade.

Personally, you can't go wrong with anything Data East and Taito.

And then you have Konami, who used live actors instead of a drawing - like in TMNT, Contra, Crime Fighters, etc. You gotta have at least one Konami marquee, man. Hanging up arcade marquees in your room is corny already, but having a Konami one would take it up a notch.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I think he meant "home office."

I thought he meant "Home Office" as in "does work from home". If so, maybe there's a game title that would go with his line of work he does from home that might be a good fit for decoration. Instead of just picking something random that looks cool. Hitting some sort of theme. Or maybe his home office already has color schemes, which would narrow things down a bit too and possibly make the look go together and be a bit classier. Just a thought.

If he just meant "Home Office" as in "game room", then never mind, lol

If it's just for something random and cool to look at, I've always liked Dark Stalkers, and Dark Stalkers Revenge as well.

Maybe since you're in Texas, buy this and have it framed nicely with a boarder:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHICAGO-COI...591?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231043b70f

Last edited:

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I thought he meant "Home Office" as in "does work from home". If so, maybe there's a game title that would go with his line of work he does from home that might be a good fit for decoration. Instead of just picking something random that looks cool. Hitting some sort of theme. Or maybe his home office already has color schemes, which would narrow things down a bit too and possibly make the look go together and be a bit classier. Just a thought.

If he just meant "Home Office" as in "game room", then never mind, lol

If it's just for something random and cool to look at, I've always liked Dark Stalkers, and Dark Stalkers Revenge as well.

Maybe since you're in Texas, buy this and have it framed nicely with a boarder:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHICAGO-COI...591?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231043b70f

That is epic! I may have to get that!

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
If I were you, I wouldn't go with whatever 'looks cool' - I'd go with whatever games I played as a kid in the arcade.

Personally, you can't go wrong with anything Data East and Taito.

And then you have Konami, who used live actors instead of a drawing - like in TMNT, Contra, Crime Fighters, etc. You gotta have at least one Konami marquee, man. Hanging up arcade marquees in your room is corny already, but having a Konami one would take it up a notch.

Indeed.
hcastle.png

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It's cheesy but I like SNK's Athena flyer
14487601.jpg

Maybe I just like slightly-chunky retro anime babes. Must be that liitle bit of Merc in all of us.