Arcade1up better than real cabs?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I would buy a Smash TV cab if they release that for sure.

The other problem with the gun cabs is 17 inch screens are just too small. It’s fine for a fighting game when you are up close to the control panel..but not gun games.
Agreed. As fun as gun cabs are, the technology keeps changing and it's hard and expensive to replace and maintain. Parts are expensive. I keep a Wii hooked up in the classic lounge just for HotD, HotD Overkill, LA Machine Guns, Resident Evils and Reload. I wish I could keep the PS Stuff around with Guncon, but you need CRTs for Point Blank. Point Blank trilogy and HotD Trilogy arcade 1up would be my grails, right up there with X men. I'm equally passionate about Gun cabs as I am about Beat em ups.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It was a long time ago, but I played Track and Field in the arcade. It was cool, but it would get run into the ground fast if you played it heavily. Trackballs are lots of maintenance, but worth it. The ones I played in the arcade were beat up. It would hold up to casual home use, I think.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Track and Field i have on my Playchoice 10 cab. Yeah there are going to be a lot of broke cabs, no way the cheap a1up will be able to withstand the abuse.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Used a pencil or pen for the run buttons and all the world records in the game were maxed out. Later they came up with a special button to prevent people from pounding the shit out of the game when they played so we merely used a flat stick with two thumbtacks to counter it. Trackballs came later and while useful for Track and Field, it couldn't be used on a Hyper Sports board since you needed buttons to do the skeet shooting part of the game.

R3gal

n00b
1up arcades are the proof that idiots will buy anything because of nostalgia... in a normal world that company will flop in 5 minutes. 1up MK Supreme cabinets selling for 1500 is some clown world next level shit.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
@GregN @HDRchampion @HornheaDD

You guys getting this one?

I'm still trying to figure out if I like MK or not....

:p

mk30th_1000x1500_forshopify_01_600x.png

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Also...

Maybe I am gonna do something stupid...

o_O

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Will the buttons take that much of a pounding on an arcade 1 up?

I always liked Track and Field on NES (I actually prefer Hyper Sports). It was really the only game my Father would be willing to play so I have some fun memories from that. My trick was using a spoon.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Will the buttons take that much of a pounding on an arcade 1 up?

I always liked Track and Field on NES (I actually prefer Hyper Sports). It was really the only game my Father would be willing to play so I have some fun memories from that. My trick was using a spoon.

The standard buttons...I doubt those would last for track and field.

But they are releasing some arcades with Happ buttons, so maybe they'll do that/higher quality for Track and Field as well...?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
The standard buttons...I doubt those would last for track and field.

But they are releasing some arcades with Happ buttons, so maybe they'll do that/higher quality for Track and Field as well...?
Did some machines have a roller ball too? I kind of remember that.

Edit found one

BCB8DD79-5933-4BF2-9826-177E8E417889.jpeg

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Its not the buttons im worried about, more the cabinet will probably fall apart.

Also...

Maybe I am gonna do something stupid...

o_O
Man that looks pretty good actually. If only it was Rambo i would pick this up. I wonder if there are guns i can buy to play similar games on a pc w/ Teknoparrot. I've seen those 3 in 1 gun games but not sure if you can mod the gun to play on other PC games.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Its not the buttons im worried about, more the cabinet will probably fall apart.

Man that looks pretty good actually. If only it was Rambo i would pick this up. I wonder if there are guns i can buy to play similar games on a pc w/ Teknoparrot. I've seen those 3 in 1 gun games but not sure if you can mod the gun to play on other PC games.

I was thinking about doing a PC build as well...and if so I'd ideally get 2 mounted guns like these for positional games like T2:

These are USB so should be easy to set up w/ Teknoparrot.

I'd also like to get 2 sinden guns for the light games like HOTD and VC.

Figured you set them up on a nice pedestal stand and have a cool set-up. This is totally doable but realistically I dont have the time to do that shit....so I just may get the arcade1up T2 :p

EDIT: this guy made a pedestal gun set-up and it is pretty cool...

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
@GregN @HDRchampion @HornheaDD

You guys getting this one?

I'm still trying to figure out if I like MK or not....

:p

mk30th_1000x1500_forshopify_01_600x.png

Nah, Mortal Kombat is so easily emulated that there's no point to buying the board (except for that Turbo Ninja hack I asked about in the price check thread).

Unless A1U drops their prices to something below $200 for the full size cab, I wont be buying any more. And if/when I get a real KI board or it's added to the MiSTer (doubtful), the A1U I have will be sold.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I was thinking about doing a PC build as well...and if so I'd ideally get 2 mounted guns like these for positional games like T2:

These are USB so should be easy to set up w/ Teknoparrot.

I'd also like to get 2 sinden guns for the light games like HOTD and VC.

Figured you set them up on a nice pedestal stand and have a cool set-up. This is totally doable but realistically I dont have the time to do that shit....so I just may get the arcade1up T2 :p

EDIT: this guy made a pedestal gun set-up and it is pretty cool...

Yeah i remember seeing that awhile back. I think im losing my memory. Wanted to do that but the guy was very secretive on how. im too lazy to do research but if its just USB then it shouldn't it be too difficult.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's just joystick with a shiny gun on top.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Yeah i remember seeing that awhile back. I think im losing my memory. Wanted to do that but the guy was very secretive on how. im too lazy to do research but if its just USB then it shouldn't it be too difficult.

I think getting the positional guns set up should be fairly easy - to Norton's point they are essentially recgnized as joysticks by things like Teknoparrot and mame and should set them up as you would other devices in those emulators.

Where things get trickier are the light gun games like HOTD or Time Crisis or Rambo, specifically if using Sinden guns and especially if you want to use 2 guns. From my understanding there is a separate software you need to run in additionl to the emulator and sinden software called Demulshooter. It doesnt look too bad to setup honestly - but I can't be bothered....it was enough of a headache to set up my logitech wheel for every game in mame, model 2, supermodel, teknoparrot, demul etc....dont want to do that with guns across 3 different programs. I just want to buy something and play it.

You could use aimtrak guns, but those are essentially mice and you are just basically dragging a cursor across the screen...those are easy to set-up but less than ideal from a gameplay perspective.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Pretty sure that those games shown are all positional shooters.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
@neo_moe & @GregN

Look what this guy did with his Namco arcade guncon. Im going to send mine in and have an all gun setup like this one. Tired of waiting for a Point Blank to show up in my area.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
@neo_moe & @GregN

Look what this guy did with his Namco arcade guncon. Im going to send mine in and have an all gun setup like this one. Tired of waiting for a Point Blank to show up in my area.

I mean that is cool but at that point why even use a A1Up machine? Looks weird with that giant screen sticking out.

If going the pc and modded. gun route I think it would look nicer to get a pedestal set-up..,will post a pic later. That just looks like a Frankenstein.

The one good thing A1Up has are the aesthetics of their cabs...if you sacrifice that then probably shouldn’t be using an A1Up at all.

Also, that guy seems kind of like a cuck to put his wife out there like that. :p

I guess he’s ok with a bunch of A1Up nerds fapping to her

:D

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I mean that is cool but at that point why even use a A1Up machine? Looks weird with that giant screen sticking out.

If going the pc and modded. gun route I think it would look nicer to get a pedestal set-up..,will post a pic later. That just looks like a Frankenstein.

The one good thing A1Up has are the aesthetics of their cabs...if you sacrifice that then probably shouldn’t be using an A1Up at all.

Also, that guy seems kind of like a cuck to put his wife out there like that. :p

I guess he’s ok with a bunch of A1Up nerds fapping to her

:D
Yeah, its silly to use a 1up cab for that mod...Just the thought of being able to use real Namco guns and play all the gun games is pretty awesome. Ill probably use my iiRcade pedestal for the guns.

I agree with the whole wife thing, she crave the attention and he needs the views i guess. He actually has quite a few nice mods and he gives out good info.