Arcade1up better than real cabs?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Trying to create a sweet cardboard box fort?

First ever midget arcade?

Yes & Yes

Mostly did it for shits & giggles. So installed my first one, Mortal Kombat. These things are light. Control sucks but playable. The sound is actually very arcade like, MK sounds amazing. Installation took about 30minutes.

I really dont have a place for them but fits nicely here. Got up to 3rd stage but couldn't beat Kano. I dont remember MK2 being this hard. No difficulty setting either.

67695868_10205971097112680_7980491600419618816_o.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Grab like ten of these and INSTANT ARCADE.Yeah,I can see the arcade scene returning in the US/bs off An NFL Blitz one would be cool
BB

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Mostly did it for shits & giggles. So installed my first one, Mortal Kombat. These things are light. Control sucks but playable. The sound is actually very arcade like, MK sounds amazing. Installation took about 30minutes.

I really dont have a place for them but fits nicely here. Got up to 3rd stage but couldn't beat Kano. I dont remember MK2 being this hard. No difficulty setting either.

View attachment 54557

So, this is a picture of MK II, and you're talking about Kano and MK 1.

Did pinterest run out of MK 1 pictures?

Also, these cabs are stupid joke.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Calm down, just wanted to see if anyone got the Kano joke.

This post is just to show how small they are & how easy you can move them around. At first i thought these cabs were a joke but they are actually pretty decent. I got them very cheap.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
How much and where if you don't mind me asking...
BB

Calm down, just wanted to see if anyone got the Kano joke.

This post is just to show how small they are & how easy you can move them around. At first i thought these cabs were a joke but they are actually pretty decent. I got them very cheap.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Got it at Walmart for $99 each...Most Walmarts dont have them on sale but there was a hick town nearby Walmart that had them cheap. You would need to use brickseek and type your zipcode to see the prices.

Go to google & type brickseek arcade1up. Then just click whichever game you're interested in checking out. Then enter your zipcode to search the inventory.

I got Pac Man, Galaga, Final Fightx2, Street Fighter2, & Mortal Kombat.

There are some Asteroid machines going fo $75 but i passed on those.

67799893_10205969583114831_5292679140774772736_n.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Decent deal! Only the Asteroids and Centipedes were clearanced around here.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I'd buy the Final Fight one for $99. Maybe the SFII one as well.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
If space is at a premium, they aight, butplaying for a prolonged session...meh.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Apparently it takes a pandemic to boost Arcade1Up sales

Sales for a number of companies have suffered since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. But not for Arcade1Up.

Arcade1Up, the company that sells officially licensed arcade cabinets of popular games, exclusively told Yahoo Finance that it met two monumental sales goals.

In less than two years, the company sold its 1 millionth cabinet (which can range in price from $300 - $500)

Sales have surged 96% week-over-week since March.

“We could have never anticipated these numbers given the current state of the world. We noticed that with a new norm, there are new patterns and behaviors that are starting to show. People are obviously spending more time at home, and our Arcade1Up machines have been one of the products chosen to entertain families in these trying times,” says Scott Bachrach, founder and CEO of Tastemakers, which owns Arcade1Up. “Simply put, people realize now more than ever what you have in your home is important. We feel that because our arcade machines have authentic artwork, gameplay and controls, they hit a certain nostalgic nerve bringing people back to a simpler time. It is often said these arcade machines are in ways a time machine and connect our consumers to a part of themselves growing up when they first experienced these games.”

Arcade cabinet sales of popular properties such as Viacom’s (VIAC) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Disney’s (DIS) Star Wars helped push sales over the 1 million mark.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
The Final Fight cabs were being clearanced for $49 at Walmart a few weeks ago.

They quickly sold out in my area.

That probably helped boost sales.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
The Final Fight cabs were being clearanced for $49 at Walmart a few weeks ago.

They quickly sold out in my area.

That probably helped boost sales.

Wow, nice, I'll have to take a look at my Walmarts! I wouldn't mind a SFII Turbo cab.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Walmart’s been having weird flash sales. The Star Wars upright was $150 off for a day.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I got one of the Marvel Super Heroes cabs. It's not bad, but definitely does not compare to a real cab. Like someone mentioned earlier, I modded it with a Pi4 like a week after I got it. Ive got stuff up to NAOMI games running on it. Dreamcast works great, so Soul Calibur is fun. Daraku Tenshi, Martial Masters, etc. Good shit.

I still don't get how NAOMI/SAMMY stuff can run, (even the 3D stuff) but Killer Instinct 1 and 2 still struggle. Weird.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Has anyone tried the Golden Tee cab? Looks like its decent quality with a light up marquee. Curious if one had any issues with the build quality since it would get rougher use then other games.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Went to Walmart to stock up on some can foods and groceries...Was able to pickup Star Wars one for $50 yesterday.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
bro how many you got now. you still got space for all that

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
I dont have that many, i only have 6. Right now i only have Pac Man, Galaga, & Mortal Kombat installed. I mean $50 for Star Wars cab was a no brainer to pick up. Probably will pick up NBA Jams and a Neo-geo one whenever that comes out.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
These mofos stay in the several hundred dollar (199.00-299.00) range in my area....I hate WAL-MART and don't go there too often but he last time I was there,they had a Turtles in Time setup....
BB

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I would buy NBA Jam for $50 in a heartbeat. FROM DOWNTOWN! WITH AUTHORITY!

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I bought 2 street fighter 2 cabinets and converted them into a Xbox 360/Raspberry Pi and PS3/Dreamcast arcade cabinets. I like them because they don't waste too much space and wanted a stand up cabinet style in my bedroom. It's convenient to have some game nobody gives a fuck about running an online lobby while I do other things.

Is it as good as a real arcade cabinet? Hell no! It's not 100 percent stable so if you allowed some idiot on it slamming the joystick around they might break it. Still kinda pissed at the riser being too cheap to make the bottom solid so you can add height as necessary. However it's fun for me to play and gives me a nice arcade experience playing games online.