Arcade1up better than real cabs?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
They'll probably just do what's cheapest.
The only people who really care about stuff like that are dorks like us.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
It can be cheap and all plastic, I'm just hoping it doesn't flex and feel Chinatown grade cheap.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
They'll probably just do what's cheapest.
The only people who really care about stuff like that are dorks like us.

Yeah but the Blitz cab they use 49 way joystick. They could have easily went the cheap route and just do 8 way.

Daytona is a big title i think there will be the 4 way stick. Not sure about force feedback

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah but the Blitz cab they use 49 way joystick. They could have easily went the cheap route and just do 8 way.

Daytona is a big title i think there will be the 4 way stick. Not sure about force feedback

You getting Blitz HDR? I thought about it, but those 4 player machines take up too much space. I passed on NBA Jam as well....though I've had the chance to get that pretty cheap a couple of times.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
You getting Blitz HDR? I thought about it, but those 4 player machines take up too much space. I passed on NBA Jam as well....though I've had the chance to get that pretty cheap a couple of times.

Ill pickup the pcb if i can, no way ill get the cab. Too pricey and no room. Want the nba jam too but the cheap pcbs cant seem to find anymore

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Started refreshing the A1Up MVC2 page at noon EST, and a preorder link never materialized. Eventually a "SOLD OUT. You're too slow." message popped up. Is that how most of their preorders go? Gotta love that Ticketmaster customer experience.

I was on the fence anyway since I've heard horror stories about product size/quality, but I love MVC2. Maybe a blessing in disguise.

Edit: I preordered from Best Buy when it went live over there because I'm a sap.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Started refreshing the A1Up MVC2 page at noon EST, and a preorder link never materialized. Eventually a "SOLD OUT. You're too slow." message popped up. Is that how most of their preorders go? Gotta love that Ticketmaster customer experience.

I was on the fence anyway since I've heard horror stories about product size/quality, but I love MVC2. Maybe a blessing in disguise.

Edit: I preordered from Best Buy when it went live over there because I'm a sap.

I missed it as well. Looks like they sent an email at 11:54 with the preorder link so probably sold out before noon. Oh well. I have MvC 1 with X-Men vs SF and Marvel vs SF and I think I prefer all 3 of those games over MvC2.

If it comes up again I may snag it, but don’t feel terrible about missing out.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I missed it as well. Looks like they sent an email at 11:54 with the preorder link so probably sold out before noon. Oh well. I have MvC 1 with X-Men vs SF and Marvel vs SF and I think I prefer all 3 of those games over MvC2.

If it comes up again I may snag it, but don’t feel terrible about missing out.

What a bunch of amateurs. "Preorders open 9/8/22 at 12pm EST." Then they email some customers (I didn't get that follow-up email today) that they're accepting preorders early. Amazing what the retro gaming community is willing to put up with in terms of bad customer service, broken promises, and just bad business. Nostalgia usually wins out over better sense, and I'm as guilty as anyone.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
What a bunch of amateurs. "Preorders open 9/8/22 at 12pm EST." Then they email some customers (I didn't get that follow-up email today) that they're accepting preorders early. Amazing what the retro gaming community is willing to put up with in terms of bad customer service, broken promises, and just bad business. Nostalgia usually wins out over better sense, and I'm as guilty as anyone.

Yeah. A couple of weeks ago they talked about having a loyalty sign up where they would send links to preorder ahead of today before it went live on theirs or retailer websites - but that totally fell apart...

Honestly don’t care too much. Just hope it sold out because it went to folks like you and HDR who actually want the game...and not resellers/scalpers.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
My guess, if they ever get around to Daytona USA, they won't have a 4 speed manual. It will be an up/down handle like their Outrun/Ridge Racer machines. I enjoy my Outrun sit down but, generally play that in Auto mode, except where you are forced to use it in Outrun 1 (high and low gear).

Jon

PS: Curious if anyone has swapped out their sticks/buttons on their A1up cabs. Is it difficult? Not that impressed with the buttons on mine.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
These were pictures of my arcade1up when I had it configured for racing games awhile ago.

1662660545365.png

I changed it up later to take out the coin door to have room for the pedals inside the cabinet, this was obviously better on the comfort level, though I was never that fond of how the cab looked that way, like it was too hollowed out looking, and I missed having the insert coin experience. Also took off the shiny silver t molding (it was just tape anyways).

1662660940445.jpeg

After awhile I got tired of playing the same 20 or so racing games, so went back to a standard street fighter style control panel and that's how I have it today. I still have an entirely separate control panel with the steering wheel, so could readily swap out control panels and reconfigure the software anytime to change it back to either of the previous driving setups. I'd like to have a more generic marquee at this point since I'm not playing racing games, but haven't decided what that should look like yet.

1662661396773.jpeg

Attachments

• 1662661286982.png
    1662661286982.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 3

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Games like Sinistar, Blaster and Bubbles lose a lot in the translation from 49 way joysticks to 8. Williams and Midway used them on a number of arcade games and once you master the speed aspect of the controller, you gain a great appreciation to that particular game.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
If I manage to get one I'd probably sell off my Marvel v Capcom one since it has most of the same games. No need for both...need to keep space for Afterburner :vik:

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Games like Sinistar, Blaster and Bubbles lose a lot in the translation from 49 way joysticks to 8. Williams and Midway used them on a number of arcade games and once you master the speed aspect of the controller, you gain a great appreciation to that particular game.

That's what i was saying, arcade1up could have easily just went cheaper route but they actually got 49way joystick. All the casuals would not even notice since im sure the people playing are use to playing on mame.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
where the flip do you have room for all that junk
i have two houses and im out of room

Also was able to order two more MvC2 cabs at bestbuy. Just in case some of my buddies didn't get it. They are MvC2 snobs though. Has to be perfect no go.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
i have two houses and im out of room

Also was able to order two more MvC2 cabs at bestbuy. Just in case some of my buddies didn't get it. They are MvC2 snobs though. Has to be perfect no go.

I’m your buddy and I’m not a snob.. nudge nudge wink wink.

I’ve checked occasionally since yesterday but any time I did it was never available. Well it’s fine, I think they will have more stock come October when they are actually released.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Why are they playing Mario Kart on a Daytona cab?

If that’s what they’re coming out with those bad boys are going to be $1k+

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Why are they playing Mario Kart on a Daytona cab?

If that’s what they’re coming out with those bad boys are going to be $1k+
Its a multi racer doing teknoparrot.

im thinking of upgrading my GT Omega w/ GT Omega Prime and then do a head2head teknoparrot. ill probably have to replace my 49"ultrawide and just just put a 42" monitor instead.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Its a multi racer doing teknoparrot.

im thinking of upgrading my GT Omega w/ GT Omega Prime and then do a head2head teknoparrot. ill probably have to replace my 49"ultrawide and just just put a 42" monitor instead.
That’s all well and good but Daytona USA was Sega Model 2 hardware, not PC based.

I was not familiar with teknoparrot but a quick google search showed that it’s for newer PC based hardware like Ringedge and Taito Type X.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So looks like Marvel vs Capcom 2 is selling on eBay for like $900 shipped (which is dumb for many many reasons)...but why flip at that price?

Let’s say eBay charges 15%...so off $900 that’s $135...so that’s $765. Factor in $100 to ship this stuff and it’s down to $665.

The machine in store costs $600 so after tax you are looking at like $630.

So folks are going through all this hassle to flip for $35? Even let’s assume they do this 10 times over....so they net $350?

People don’t have a better way to earn $350? Holy moly.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I respect the hustle, even if I think it is stupid.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Shit got intense in the Arcade1Up community last night. Hopefully this is cued up to the 1:20:00 minute mark where the shit hit the fan and the lulz rained down

:oops: