Arcade1up better than real cabs?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Nice, doesn't change the fact that Arcade1Up sucks

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Can confirm, have broken package moving 3 Big Reds.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I just got the space Ace iiRcade today, and it’s fantastic. Great build quality, online, DL games as old as Shadow dancer, and newer stuff like Retromania Wrestling and Toejam and earl remake. New games coming out every week too. I see the criticism with arcade 1up; they go as cheap as they can. Some of their newer cabs, like Golden Axe revenge of death adder or Star Wars, you can tell they really stepped up their game. They are definitely not worth $600-700 though. I was lucky to get a pre order in at Target Which had a $100 off price error for X-men. I remember I had a 4 player X-men at my apartment 20 years ago I got at an auction for $200. It’s a grail for me, it comes out in Nov. that’s one of the few I’ll pay $600-$700 for. I might get T2 but then I’d be out of space. Depends what other games are on it. Switched up the marquee on my Neo pi cab too.

Attachments

• E01A9547-8512-4F4A-BCC1-DC586B50881C.jpeg
    E01A9547-8512-4F4A-BCC1-DC586B50881C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • 2AC4B28B-B1F6-4D52-8B56-664F81835AB3.jpeg
    2AC4B28B-B1F6-4D52-8B56-664F81835AB3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I just got the space Ace iiRcade today, and it’s fantastic. Great build quality, online, DL games as old as Shadow dancer, and newer stuff like Retromania Wrestling and Toejam and earl remake. New games coming out every week too. I see the criticism with arcade 1up; they go as cheap as they can. Some of their newer cabs, like Golden Axe revenge of death adder or Star Wars, you can tell they really stepped up their game. They are definitely not worth $600-700 though. I was lucky to get a pre order in at Target Which had a $100 off price error for X-men. I remember I had a 4 player X-men at my apartment 20 years ago I got at an auction for $200. It’s a grail for me, it comes out in Nov. that’s one of the few I’ll pay $600-$700 for. I might get T2 but then I’d be out of space. Depends what other games are on it. Switched up the marquee on my Neo pi cab too.
Space Ace looks good Greg, congrats. I haven’t played an iiRcade but every one seems to agree it is a big step up in quality over A1Up. I have thought about getting the Retromania version, especially with that $100 off promotion they have now....

But I don’t know. Now If Shredders Revenge comes out on it and they have a themed cabinet (assuming the game is good) then i might bite.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Dumbass

neo_mao

15 Year Member
:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
"The Machine comes with a light-up marquee and the speakers are hidden underneath." She's making sound it like this is something fucking amazing.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
It's a bummer I wont be getting that Killer Instinct, if it ever comes out. Fuck that price tag.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
It's a bummer I wont be getting that Killer Instinct, if it ever comes out. Fuck that price tag.

Just wait for the next waive to come out, some of the games go on clearance. NBA Jams & Turtles were like $99. Sadly i missed out on the NBA Jams.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
All you people hatin’ probably have never even touched a 1up. If you have , it was probably the shitty 1st gen stuff on display at Walmart. It’s gotten much better since then, but not too much better. When my friends come over, they always play the vpins or the Neo Geo multicade. IiRcade is filled to the brim with shumps from toplan, and psikyo, and you can smell the real wood, hear the sound, and tell it’s a step up in quality with cap nuts. I pulled the trigger on Simpsons at Walmart, which was much cheaper than $700 at Best Buy and Target. Looks like TMNT will go into the overflow room with classic console games.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
All you people hatin’ probably have never even touched a 1up. If you have , it was probably the shitty 1st gen stuff on display at Walmart. It’s gotten much better since then, but not too much better. When my friends come over, they always play the vpins or the Neo Geo multicade. IiRcade is filled to the brim with shumps from toplan, and psikyo, and you can smell the real wood, hear the sound, and tell it’s a step up in quality with cap nuts. I pulled the trigger on Simpsons at Walmart, which was much cheaper than $700 at Best Buy and Target. Looks like TMNT will go into the overflow room with classic console games.

Heh I was going to message you when I saw the $529 Simpsons at Walmart. Glad you were able to get one. But you got to bring TMNT back into the room once the Simpsons and X-Men arrive...those 3 need to be together in the same room so you got to find a way to make space :D

TBH I am considering the Simpsons but I just ordered a GT Omega cockpit and Logitech wheel for pc emulation set-up. Figured that would be a better route to go than Outrun...

Will be interesting to see if Walmart gets a $529 X-Men.

EDIT: I have to say the Big Blue doesn’t look as bad as I originally thought. Would be cool to have alongside the Capcom Legacy cab with the original SF2 artwork side by side like in the video I linked above.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
This is just sad

neo_mao

15 Year Member
:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Could be a nice option for my 2 year old.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
lol.

But seriously this thing is made of that thick thick plastic...seems essentially toddler proof. Its not a bad idea....they have a Paw Patrol one which he would go bananas for. I probably won't buy it though, wife already thinks they get too much screen time.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So the big blue was confirmed that all 12 games will have online....Damn it, looks like i might have to pick one up after all.

These would be killer online games
Hyper Fighting
Super Turbo
Saturday Slam Master/Muscle Bomber Duo (i wonder if this will be 4-players online)
Puzzle Fighter
Vampire Savior
Nights of the Round

Never played these games
Capcom Sports Club
Eco Fighter

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
The members here should buy a collective Big Blue Arcade1Up just so they can kick your ass in all those games. Too bad they dont have SF:HDR on a dedicated cab so they can fuck your ass in that game, too

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I was thinking about big blue but no space. Would be worth it for online puzzle fighter and KotR alone.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Heh. Put a set up like that in one of my game rooms and it'll be reduced to a pile of rubble within 48 hours :tickled: