Arcade1up better than real cabs?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd prefer they make them normal sized table tops instead of tiny standups that don't really fit anywhere.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I canceled my Big Blue preorder, but they sent it to me anyway. Unsure what to do/do with it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I canceled my Big Blue preorder, but they sent it to me anyway. Unsure what to do/do with it.

We’re you charged for it? Or did you get a freebie?

Make GregN and Neo_moe mud wrestle for it

I already got one ordered...don’t need two :D

Well I don’t really, but I will once it gets back in stock at Target. It looks awesome.

Ajax

15 Year Member
It was delivered to my door for the agreeable price of $0.00.

I thought about making it a Mister setup, but I've already got a different cab set up like that. I thought about making it a JVS setup, but finding a way to pass controls to a JVS IO sounds like a pain in the ass.

Also, no way to use proper buttons (read Seimitsu buttons) without heavily modifying the CP.

Not sure what to do Moe... :/

neo_mao

15 Year Member
It was delivered to my door for the agreeable price of $0.00.

I thought about making it a Mister setup, but I've already got a different cab set up like that. I thought about making it a JVS setup, but finding a way to pass controls to a JVS IO sounds like a pain in the ass.

Also, no way to use proper buttons (read Seimitsu buttons) without heavily modifying the CP.

Not sure what to do Moe... :/

Oh wow nice!

It shouldn’t be too hard to get sanwa sticks and buttons in there...but sounds like you have some other better arcade options there.

If you are dead set against keeping it you’d have no problem selling it Craigslist or something.

I’d happily buy it from you but dragging that big ass box to the post office would be a pain and I don’t want to put you though that :D

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Oh wow nice!

It shouldn’t be too hard to get sanwa sticks and buttons in there...but sounds like you have some other better arcade options there.

If you are dead set against keeping it you’d have no problem selling it Craigslist or something.

I’d happily buy it from you but dragging that big ass box to the post office would be a pain and I don’t want to put you though that :D
That’s happening to a lot with people, it seems… sounds like they might charge you a month later out of the blue. I don’t have space for it and I’d only play kotr and Puzzle fighter online anyway. Modding buttons involves soldering. No thanks.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I caved and bought the Big Blue at Best Buy, i have to wait till Oct though to get it. I used my 10% birthday code, so at least i didn't pay full price. Still this feels like a huge rip off but i want it for the online comp.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I caved and bought the Big Blue at Best Buy, i have to wait till Oct though to get it. I used my 10% birthday code, so at least i didn't pay full price. Still this feels like a huge rip off but i want it for the online comp.
Congrats, I think the cab looks great but I think you are going to be very disappointed bud. I mean you got the real deal...you are definitely not their audience. This stuff is for guys like me who are super super casual. I don’t even know how active or competitive the online players will be. But I guess time will tell.

I do like it a lot, but stop short of ordering. I have a few hundred dollars worth of Target gift cards so this would cost me less than $300...but I don’t want to own a ton of these given the space they take up so I think I’m gonna pass until T2 and (the inevitable) Afterburner come out.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
That’s happening to a lot with people, it seems… sounds like they might charge you a month later out of the blue. I don’t have space for it and I’d only play kotr and Puzzle fighter online anyway. Modding buttons involves soldering. No thanks.

Oh wow. Yeah it will probably just be a matter of time until they figure that all out.

Ajax

15 Year Member
It's still sitting in my garage, unopened. I'm just going to have them haul it back. If I get charged later on, I'm not gonna be happy, especially considering I had an actual interaction with their customer service dept to cancel my order.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Best Buy finally shipped out my Big Blue. I must say, i thought it would be a rip off for $600 but i actually have been playing with it. Hyper Fighting net code is great. Lots of other games too play too. Also the competition is surprisingly great. Im thinking of just changing the control panel to a 1player setup w/ the sega layout.

243938618_1131151080746587_5031970501368532641_n.jpg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I almost caved and preordered the Killer Instinct cab from Target yesterday. I got approved for one of their credit cards for the extra 5/10/15% off but trying to check out, it wanted my full CC #, which I haven't even gotten lol.

Tried to get through to support like twice, and then figured meh. Tomorrow maybe. Just checked, sold out :D

Ah well, saved me from myself. No ragerts.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Best Buy finally shipped out my Big Blue. I must say, i thought it would be a rip off for $600 but i actually have been playing with it. Hyper Fighting net code is great. Lots of other games too play too. Also the competition is surprisingly great. Im thinking of just changing the control panel to a 1player setup w/ the sega layout.

View attachment 52754
probably is perfect for someone such as yourself who is 5'4"

neo_mao

15 Year Member
haha im 5'11 deal with it.

Also, representing everyone here. I took first place leaderboard last night!
View attachment 52775

Oh nice, you're ahead of Obliviate - everyone has been talking about how amazing he is. There is a guy who posts matches on Youtube...I am sure some of yours will make it on his channel, lol.

BTW - finally got the monitor mount on my GT Omega set-up so we can use it properly...works great and kids loving all the racing games. Thanks for the recommendation!