Arcade1up better than real cabs?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Is that the new arcade one?
Naw, that would be my dream. The electro-mechanical big one was at Exton Round 1, right before COVID.

The Arcade 1UP Pong, comes in a few flavors…none of them electro-mechanical.

There is a counter top, a table, (both 2player) and the one I’m interested in-a 4 Player Pub Table.

70DB0ACB-E722-4B94-AF02-8B62E9E081EB.jpeg6C458019-BFC8-40B6-997B-1EACB4C3B72A.jpeg

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Naw, that would be my dream. The electro-mechanical big one was at Exton Round 1, right before COVID.

There is a counter top, a table, (both 2player) and the one I’m interested in-a 4 Player Pub Table.

View attachment 57598View attachment 57597
Yeah that new one is pretty cool, still that one looks like fun.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

View attachment 57598View attachment 57597
I'd get it for one game on there...WARLORDS! Loved that game back in the early 80's.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'd get it for one game on there...WARLORDS! Loved that game back in the early 80's.
Warlords is so fun, still!
Back in the early 2010s, games of Warlords would break out during meet ups at my buddy’s shop. @MonoTekETeA knows what I’m saying, lol.

If Kohl’s puts these on sale, I think I’ll take the plunge. ^_^

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So.....

Arcade1up is coming out with another Street Fighter cabinet and the lineup looks pretty great:

Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Final Fight
Battle Circuit
King of the Dragons
Armored Warriors
Captain Commando
Progear
Gigawing
Super Puzzle Fighter
Capcom Sports Jam

Nice selection of beat em ups and shmups, and all online. I passed on their last Street Fighter machine (Big Blue) but I may grab this one.

EDIT: the machine itself is pretty ugly...so it's a pass for me. Shame as the game line-up was good. :/

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So.....

Arcade1up is coming out with another Street Fighter cabinet and the lineup looks pretty great:

Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2
Final Fight
Battle Circuit
King of the Dragons
Armored Warriors
Captain Commando
Progear
Gigawing
Super Puzzle Fighter
Capcom Sports Jam

Nice selection of beat em ups and shmups, and all online. I passed on their last Street Fighter machine (Big Blue) but I may grab this one.

EDIT: the machine itself is pretty ugly...so it's a pass for me. Shame as the game line-up was good. :/
Pretty shitty to have a Street Fighter collection and stop at vanilla Super SF. Progear would be nice, though.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Pretty shitty to have a Street Fighter collection and stop at vanilla Super SF. Progear would be nice, though.
Having Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting is more than a little redundant. Super Turbo should be there instead of Super. Then throw in Vampire Savior or something. Some of these game selections are just baffling to me. The shooters are a nice touch, though.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Yeah I guess that’s their way of milking chumps like me. They’ll release a SF Alpha machine with just Alpha games, a SF 3 machine with just Sf3 games.

Doubt they’ll ever have a comprehensive SF machine.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So.....

Street Fighter
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Super Street Fighter 2
Final Fight
Battle Circuit
King of the Dragons
Armored Warriors
Captain Commando
Progear
Gigawing
Super Puzzle Fighter
Capcom Sports Jam

2022 and no pics posted.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Having Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting is more than a little redundant. Super Turbo should be there instead of Super. Then throw in Vampire Savior or something. Some of these game selections are just baffling to me. The shooters are a nice touch, though.

Champion is so different from Hyper fighting. I agree with you on Vampire Savior, they should have left it on there.

Also Super SF2 turbo is on there, moe just forgot to put the Turbo.

There is also a Shinku Hadoken cab coming out too. i wonder if it will have different games or just a reskin.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Anyone have or play the Ridge Racer standup? I saw one at Best Buy the other day, but damn, $699.95, really? I remember when you could get a busted twin cab for that.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Anyone have or play the Ridge Racer standup? I saw one at Best Buy the other day, but damn, $699.95, really? I remember when you could get a busted twin cab for that.

These things go on sale pretty frequently so don’t pay full price if you dint have to.

I was tempted to get the Outrun awhile back but decided not to as my understanding is that the wheel is ok, the pedals are very cheap and people feel they could break easily. Think the same is true for Ridge Racer. I’d steer clear (:D) until/if they up the quality

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Come on, moe, what the fuck

get your shit together

You’d think with as much time and money i’ve spent on this shit I’d at least get the names of games right...

But nope

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I just looked at these things for the first time and honestly I think they are kinda neat.
That table with the board games is a great idea, just WAY too expensive.
If I had the space I would get the Attack from Mars pinball.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I just looked at these things for the first time and honestly I think they are kinda neat.
That table with the board games is a great idea, just WAY too expensive.
If I had the space I would get the Attack from Mars pinball.

Yeah asking price is kind of crazy, but they go on sale alot so just keep an eye out. I just got a Big Blue during a flash sale for $150.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Ok. I just met a friend who has a whole bunch of 1ups and the new pinball....
I do not understand having an arcade of Arcade 1ups... At that point there are so many better options.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,

C11598F8-19D1-434D-A05E-4286100ED8B3.jpeg
Nice to see love for Warlords… here’s mine :)

Not into 1-ups, but they are definitely a nice alternative to dedicated cabs, especially with how prices have gone up for some of these games. Plus they are probably far more reliable than these old school electronics ;)

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
View attachment 58903
Nice to see love for Warlords… here’s mine :)

Not into 1-ups, but they are definitely a nice alternative to dedicated cabs, especially with how prices have gone up for some of these games. Plus they are probably far more reliable than these old school electronics ;)
Sweet!!! There was a game room back in around 1981 I went out of my way to go to just to play this game. Place also had a 4 player cocktail Eliminator game that was a blast. Later in 88 when I worked for Golfland, they had an upright 2 player Warlords but it paled in comparison to the cocktail.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So apparently folks are thinking there will be some new cabinet announcement tomorrow and that it will be Marvel vs Capcom 2.

I don’t think so....but even if true not sure I’d want it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So apparently folks are thinking there will be some new cabinet announcement tomorrow and that it will be Marvel vs Capcom 2.

I don’t think so....but even if true not sure I’d want it.
Why not?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Actually I agree. I just never could get into MvC2 that much. And yeah, I think I like MvC1 more.

Of all the vs games I think my faves are probably Marvel vs SF and X-Men vs SF.

But anyway, looks like there are some leaked photos of an NFL Blitz machine...so maybe that is the reveal...? I guess will find out at noon today.