Are personal trainers worth it?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've plateaued to fuck at the gym, I've been treading water for a few years really if i'm honest. I'm considering taking on a personal trainer to try and push through and make things interesting again, because anytime I try and push it myself I just end up injured.

Has anyone had any experience with personal trainers? Do they know what they're talking about? I've been put off in the past because so many of them look like shit, but I'm thinking are you paying for what they know, rather than what they do themselves?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You gonna get fat sooner or later anyway, so why even try to delay the inevitable?

Reactions: jro

StevenK

10 Year Member
Have you two ever considered going into personal training yourselves?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I can't afford one but I think it's money time and effort well spent considering what you wrote. Might be a case of getting the right person for the job, but go for it if you can. If it's not for you you'll find out soon enough, I'm sure you won't regret it.

never had a personal trainer but I'm decently disciplined (kind of) and still get them gains, though I'm not a body builder, just stay relatively in shape. Still could should and will do a lot better going forward

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
My metabolism is a speed demon. Currently I am trying to eat as much as possible so I can regain the weight I lost during my drug binges of the past two week(end)s.

StevenK

10 Year Member
That may be so, but normally I still don't eat nearly as much as a human is supposed to eat. I have to try very hard to do that.
That also passes

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Well I used to be able to put the food away big time. I am able to eat less and less as I get older. Maybe you should shut the fuck up you British cunt

StevenK

10 Year Member
Well I used to be able to put the food away big time. I am able to eat less and less as I get older. Maybe you should shut the fuck up you British cunt
you also won't get older eventually

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
shut your british mouth you cone-studded pig

StevenK

10 Year Member
You sound very Germanic right now

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I had a persomal trainer a long time ago and it was very helpful. Ended up losing alot of weight and kept it off for years.

Will likely get another soon after things settle down with covid. I'm not so heavy now, especially after my recent health issues, but could use some more stamina, energy etc.

There is also a huge psychological component...I am just more motivated to go to the gym when i know I am paying a small fortune for it.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I heard a commercial on the local hip hop station about getting a personal trainer certification in just four weeks!!! Haha, some might now what they are doing, but others do not.

I have a friend that is almost sixty that is a part time personal trainer. He works with 1-2 clients after work. He has been doing this part time for 25 years. I would think he knows what he is talking about.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Without a doubt PTs are fantastic. They will create a schedule of things that you need to do to achieve your goal. And if you stick to it, then you will achieve it.

100% more likely to get in shape and avoid injury using them.

If you have the money, and the determination, why not.

edit: man, speaking of getting in shape. This shit is getting fucking hard in my 30s. My younger self would wreck myself now and I don't like that thought.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Personal trainers might be good if you want to reach a particular goal and need that extra motivation but I dunno, I feel if you need that then you don't really have what it takes in the first place.

Just run lots mate, be ethiopian.