Are the Bigbear Boxes identical to first Release Boxes (Magician Lord) ?

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
So i ordered Magician lord which obtains only the cartridge and manual for cheap money. I thought about just buying a big bear box and an insert.

comparing pictures, 1 internet original the other from south-town inserts
magicianlordJH.jpg

magicianlord.jpg

My question is are the big bear boxes and the first edition aes boxes identical? I would be really thankful if someone can upload pictures comparing the two, i never hold an AES box i just recently got into the AES gaming and played mostly on a converter.

Also whats up with this south town logo down right, is this logo really in there? Its the SNK farewell screenshot if you look closer instead of the UPC. Is that really in there?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, the shock boxes are much, much larger. It'll still fit okay.

Keep in mind, those inserts are fan made, they were never intended to look exactly like the original.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
If having a box was a big concern for you, you could have just gotten a CIB Magician Lord for $60 or so. Otherwise, just enjoy the game.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My, my. How Mag Lord is creeping up, I paid 35 shipped for mine 6 months ago.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Those inserts and containers ARE "fan made" specifically for MVS cartridges BUT will fit AES. If you need an official AES insert and container/case I could probably help out. You live in Germany so the postage fee would be about 15 USD alone which means you would have fared better buying the game complete from the outset.
BB

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
That Magician Lord insert on Southtown is very low resolution, I had to have them replace it with a different one a couple months ago when I ordered it. Looked like crap, all pixilated.