Are you guys in the spirit for Halloween

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It occurred to me that today is October 17th, and I don't feel the spirit.

Do you feel the spirit? Watched any scary movies, put up decorations? Is Halloween happening? I wonder if Britfags and Aussies celebrate trick or treat.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm not feeling it this year. Too much bullshit I've been dealing with. Hopefully I'll feel better on Christmas.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Been watching horror films and playing horror vidya since the first day of October. Feels like Halloween season to me.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Britfags do indeed celebrate trick or treat but not this year, seems like a bad idea. We're going to set up an at home alternative which will be second rate and shit but the kids will love it all the same, they're at an enthusiastic age.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
If scaring the shit out of co-workers because I don't make much noise moving around is the spirit of Halloween. Then yes.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I never made a big deal of Halloween growing up, but now with 3 kids it is huge in our home.

I carved a pumpkin for the first time ever today. Not too bad for a first attempt.

58D2BD51-01A8-4071-ABD1-37509F865B9E.jpeg

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
Everyday is Halloween
This seems very accurate given the times. With 3 Gremlins at home, got to make Halloween special. Not going to take them trick or treating this year, so my wife and I are planning to decorate and make goodies for them and watch spooky movies. I definitely get into the holidays now that I have kids.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I’m in the same boat as moe, with kids Halloween is a big deal. We started getting in the spirit as soon as October hit.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I watched Tales from the Hood, Exorcist, Babysitter 2 and Ready or Not. Usually I watch a horror movie everyday and go to a Halloween party or two but this year sucks ass.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Not really feeling it this year. I'm watching horror movies but I do that year round.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The C-19 situation is horror enough, but my kids will probably catch the spirit soon and get me hooked on, too.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Not really, other than the seasonal candy offerings. I like horror stuff year round though.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Heh, I was just talking about it with the missus, we both don't really feel it this year either so we've put in Hellraiser to get us in the mood, watching it right now. Just never gets old.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Heh, I was just talking about it with the missus, we both don't really feel it this year either so we've put in Hellraiser to get us in the mood, watching it right now. Just never gets old.

"Jesus wept." Then a smile as if to laugh, and then explodes. Ballin.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
With the COVID Pandemic going around. I'll pass. Plus I'm in France. Not really that big over here.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Not really with everything that's going on in the world. I should watch Hellraiser 2 though, that is a great movie!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah. That and "we'll tear your soul apart!" are among my fave scenes.

What do you think Frank meant when he said it?

edit: man. I don't know what it is. When I was young, I could watch any R-rated movie and be unphased, because I knew it was all fake. But now that I'm older, rewatching it hits me harder than when I was a kid.

Spoiler:

Last edited: