Arino from GameCenter CX plays Steel Battalion on FujiTV's private movie screen!

Curt

apostate
AMAZING.

I'm sure this has been in other threads, but for those who haven't seen this.... MAN!

I am Jealous!

Also I've never played steel battalion so it's really cool to see it experienced through Arino's childlike wonder. (He loves washing the windows! lol)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I kinda want to play Steel Battalion again but the controller is such a bitch to setup and keep around...
(the box is standing behind me)

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Love Steel Battalion.

Didn't care for the Permanent Death part. Cool idea, but I still want my video games to err towards playability rather than simulation. The permanent death part should have been an extra mode for those so willing to try it.

Although I do admit, the permanent death really did change up the way you played. There were some tangible stakes involved (time, having to start over) with player death.

I guess what I really didn't like was that if you ejected too many times you eventually would run out of money to buy a new mech thus ending your progress in the campaign.

We need a game like this on the 360 or PS3.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
My best friend has this game and I enjoy playing it whenever I can. It's expensive as fcuk but it's a load of fun. I want my dad to play this before he leaves.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I only played it once, wish I could have went to the LAN room they had at PAX East that had the whole room running the game.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
if i still had a working xbox, This game would be setup right now.
it is a pain to store the controller.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I think one of my friends tried to incoporate that controller into a cab. Can it be used to play any other title?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

The online portion of the game is no longer available so the best you can do is System Link.

I do not recall if the first Steel Battalion had a system link capability. I don't think it did.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
You'd think with a controller like that there would be less shit on the screen. The heads up all around the border of the screen really kills it especially since it appears to be in 4:3 (I've never played it so I'm not sure)