Art forms you admire but don't do

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I like food art, especially cake decorating. Aside from the visual presentation, it's always been fascinating to me that people spend many hours, even days, making something that's just going to be eaten and/or go bad and will only live on as a photograph.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Pretty much anything with food presentation. Pastry chefs and people that carve fruit and other stuff. That's a lot of dedication for something that is so fleeting.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I can understand people who like food presentation or cake decorating. But at a certain point I feel like it's a complete waste of time. I mean that stuff is gonna be chewed up and turned in to poop that will come out of someones butthole. Why you gotta make it look like Picasso painted it? If it tastes good Im gon' eat it. Not take pictures of it.

Same with art that is just weird, like those people who carve shit out of a grain of rice, or put an entire painting on the head of a pin. Now, I'm not saying those people aren't talented, sure they are.

But why waste your talent on something that is not even viewable to the naked eye? Use your talent to put it on canvas.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Well, that's pretty much true! After all, we're hardwired for that.

I've recently had the pleasure of seeing this famous piece live at a local museum... the painter is a great artist from Turin, Giacomo Grosso (1860-1938)

lomcsT2.jpg

It's a huge painting, and I can assure you it's by far the most watched piece of the art exhibition 😁