Astro City Club

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
How far away is good skiing from Ken would you say? Not this year, as I've miraculously managed to land two candies, but it would be nice to link a ski vacation and arcade machine on the same plane ticket :)
I'd be down for another Astro, or an Egret 2 :rolleyes: He probably never gets one of those though.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
E2, no. He laughed at me the last time I asked him. He does have Astros often though.

And there's a reason Utah has "the best snow on earth". Park city is 45 minutes to an hour away from Ken's place. Lots of good places to ski.

And you better hit me up if you come out here.

blackbawx

n00b
You guys at neo-geo have made a reputation of yourselves in the gaming community. In fact, you guys pride over it with slogans like being here for "teh DRAMA" and such.
I think of you regulars on these forums as pure low-class subhuman degenerates. I would understand if this were the year 2001, where many of you were still in high-school and college thinking of these sophomoric antics that you pull as good-natured humor. Now many of you are well in your thirties; some of you still living with parents and yet many of you are married with children. By the way, a lovely wife and cute children you have Jim (wataru330). It's a shame that they will be influenced by your lack of intellect and middle-school bullying level of conduct that I believe is the result of your trying to find some excitement in your life of sheer mediocrity through excessive geekdom and putting down others through pseudo-hierachies on message boards, as the majority of you regulars are guilty of doing.
I can somewhat understand though. After all you all are just another cog in the wheel of life working for other people's dreams, just as Jim's kids will be a part of that very cog working for people made of success like me and my dreams. I will enjoy having people like Jim's cute little children as they become adults doing my very bidding. That is how the intellectually-deficient seed is passed on and that is what separates people like me from people like you guys. Probably some tragic events will happen that will lead them to have the same mental defencies as their father before them because after all for lowly people like you guys, life is not fair. For you guys, life sucks and then you die. For people like me, life is beautiful and we carry on legacies.
To the other Jim (TeddyKGB), shame on you. You joined in the frat boy laden attack on a newcomer forum poster who simply mentioned that he didn't receive the free item that was offered. You called that poster a "homo". You are a grown man with a family, why does his post concern you? Why a "homo"? Does this mean you are homophobic? Which is quite peculiar considering that you currently live near the areas where gay people take residence. Or better yet, how would you feel if your son came out to you?
To the other person a part of the frat boy attack, the self-hating Chinese man (kidpanda), I feel a bit of pity for you. I've seen your posts degrading yourself as bad as other members. Having a tiger mother and father that shuns you for not being the ideal Asian kid that's supposed to get a 4.8 GPA and go to medical school must have been a difficult time for all in your childhood and teen years. So you take out your misery by acting like the regulars here on this forum akin to "white acceptance".
To the New England men (Chempop and ECZangief whose real names I do not know nor want to know), woe unto you. Hypocrites. Neo-Geo is like your personal playground do your best WWF Attitude era impression, yet you know to act on your best behavior in other arcade based forums. Chempop seems to have an obsession with Ziggy Stardust and fat nerdy white people sticking up their middle finger as if he were some anti-authoritarian. A guy who possesses a fetish for Sega machinery and a guy who spends his daily life trying to best his hi-score in shoot them up airplane games. This can only be a true life of loneliness. Chempop's frustration festers into something that can best be described as internet tantrums by an immature being. Meanwhile, ECZangief is just his follower like a short braid-haired African-American in a hip-hop video with no purpose. Which all makes sense, as many of you regulars of neo-geo act and type link these low-class thugs.
Speaking of followers with no purpose, Lemony Vengeance. Like many regulars, he's obsessed with the spirit of the law as to how arcades should be run even though it's dated technology. He will let you know how it should be done in an annoying way unique to only a person who thinks lemons are nice. They are sour. He wormed his way through with padhacking and posting hyperbole. However, let's face it. He's a mormon, a flawed false religion. For that, he is loved by many here out of pity. If not for Brigham Young, your people would be irrelevant. I suggest you partake another mission and find the error of your latter-ways, lad. All your arcade and Japanese pop fandom is just not a big deal in the real world.

VanillaThunder, you're a misanthrope. The truth is just that you hate yourself, but don't because I care for you like Jim's cute children. We all do. I care for the little people like you.

Horatio (arcade game), please stop acting like an illegal immigrant stereotype when Marketplace issues happen on your end. It's very disrespectful to the hard working Mexicans that came here the right way.

XianXi, you are as hopeless as kidpanda and I don't feel sorry for you in this case.
I wonder why there is hostility and drama here. Why the need for high school antics? Then I realized it must be jealousy. Even a community Shoryuken.com managed to mature somewhat. After all they have a good business deal with Capcom and a very successful fighting game tournament, if not the most in North America. While Neo-Geo.com represents the oft-failed entity and publisher, SNK. On the top of that, there is no relationship with SNK to even speak of. No one cares about SNK, not even you people and it's made you all bitter like Japanese on 2ch message boards.

You regulars say that the rest of us can't handle the hurtful incendiary comments on here and say to not take it seriously. Will you say that when one day some member snaps and actually causes an incident (like murder) that gives media outlets like Fox News the reason to complain about the degeneration of our society through video games, especially over such poor quality games like SNK games? After all, isn't this forum the den of many crooks (Josh from Huntington Beach, California), thieves (a quarter of the sellers on here), and alleged murderers/convicts (Waseem)? Heh, need I say more people?

I offer no threats. There is no need for me to "hack" your site or wish for you all to go to hell like others outside of these forums feel. You forum regulars are your own destruction and you will realize that in time.
I accept this lost battle of convincing for I can not change you all, you can only change yourself. What I can say is, can you see yourself still acting like ingrate brats on a message board into your forties? I expect the feedback from my this diatribe to be filled with many expletives and childish comments of which I am not deserving of as I have not used such things here, but to you all I say, tis' a shame.

To the few of you that read this message and manage to see the light and realize it's time to grow up and move on from the fanboy life. I say to you...

You are welcome.

To you, Happy Holidays and a very Merry Christmas. Goodnight!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
To the New England men (Chempop and ECZangief whose real names I do not know nor want to know), woe unto you. Hypocrites. Neo-Geo is like your personal playground do your best WWF Attitude era impression, yet you know to act on your best behavior in other arcade based forums. Chempop seems to have an obsession with Ziggy Stardust and fat nerdy white people sticking up their middle finger as if he were some anti-authoritarian. A guy who possesses a fetish for Sega machinery and a guy who spends his daily life trying to best his hi-score in shoot them up airplane games. This can only be a true life of loneliness. Chempop's frustration festers into something that can best be described as internet tantrums by an immature being.

yeah actually, pretty good assessment! :vik:

neo-geo forums: come for the cabs, stay to make other people's high-scores look like poo

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
lol, maybe this will help boost the popularity of the Astro Club, it's usually not as lively in here as the Blast Club.

Lemony Vengeance

You guys at neo-geo have made a reputation of yourselves in the gaming community. In fact, you guys pride over it with slogans like being here for "teh DRAMA" and such.
I think of you regulars on these forums as pure low-class subhuman degenerates. I would understand if this were the year 2001, where many of you were still in high-school and college thinking of these sophomoric antics that you pull as good-natured humor. Now many of you are well in your thirties; some of you still living with parents and yet many of you are married with children. By the way, a lovely wife and cute children you have Jim (wataru330). It's a shame that they will be influenced by your lack of intellect and middle-school bullying level of conduct that I believe is the result of your trying to find some excitement in your life of sheer mediocrity through excessive geekdom and putting down others through pseudo-hierachies on message boards, as the majority of you regulars are guilty of doing.
I can somewhat understand though. After all you all are just another cog in the wheel of life working for other people's dreams, just as Jim's kids will be a part of that very cog working for people made of success like me and my dreams. I will enjoy having people like Jim's cute little children as they become adults doing my very bidding. That is how the intellectually-deficient seed is passed on and that is what separates people like me from people like you guys. Probably some tragic events will happen that will lead them to have the same mental defencies as their father before them because after all for lowly people like you guys, life is not fair. For you guys, life sucks and then you die. For people like me, life is beautiful and we carry on legacies.
To the other Jim (TeddyKGB), shame on you. You joined in the frat boy laden attack on a newcomer forum poster who simply mentioned that he didn't receive the free item that was offered. You called that poster a "homo". You are a grown man with a family, why does his post concern you? Why a "homo"? Does this mean you are homophobic? Which is quite peculiar considering that you currently live near the areas where gay people take residence. Or better yet, how would you feel if your son came out to you?
To the other person a part of the frat boy attack, the self-hating Chinese man (kidpanda), I feel a bit of pity for you. I've seen your posts degrading yourself as bad as other members. Having a tiger mother and father that shuns you for not being the ideal Asian kid that's supposed to get a 4.8 GPA and go to medical school must have been a difficult time for all in your childhood and teen years. So you take out your misery by acting like the regulars here on this forum akin to "white acceptance".
To the New England men (Chempop and ECZangief whose real names I do not know nor want to know), woe unto you. Hypocrites. Neo-Geo is like your personal playground do your best WWF Attitude era impression, yet you know to act on your best behavior in other arcade based forums. Chempop seems to have an obsession with Ziggy Stardust and fat nerdy white people sticking up their middle finger as if he were some anti-authoritarian. A guy who possesses a fetish for Sega machinery and a guy who spends his daily life trying to best his hi-score in shoot them up airplane games. This can only be a true life of loneliness. Chempop's frustration festers into something that can best be described as internet tantrums by an immature being. Meanwhile, ECZangief is just his follower like a short braid-haired African-American in a hip-hop video with no purpose. Which all makes sense, as many of you regulars of neo-geo act and type link these low-class thugs.
Speaking of followers with no purpose, Lemony Vengeance. Like many regulars, he's obsessed with the spirit of the law as to how arcades should be run even though it's dated technology. He will let you know how it should be done in an annoying way unique to only a person who thinks lemons are nice. They are sour. He wormed his way through with padhacking and posting hyperbole. However, let's face it. He's a mormon, a flawed false religion. For that, he is loved by many here out of pity. If not for Brigham Young, your people would be irrelevant. I suggest you partake another mission and find the error of your latter-ways, lad. All your arcade and Japanese pop fandom is just not a big deal in the real world.

VanillaThunder, you're a misanthrope. The truth is just that you hate yourself, but don't because I care for you like Jim's cute children. We all do. I care for the little people like you.

Horatio (arcade game), please stop acting like an illegal immigrant stereotype when Marketplace issues happen on your end. It's very disrespectful to the hard working Mexicans that came here the right way.

XianXi, you are as hopeless as kidpanda and I don't feel sorry for you in this case.
I wonder why there is hostility and drama here. Why the need for high school antics? Then I realized it must be jealousy. Even a community Shoryuken.com managed to mature somewhat. After all they have a good business deal with Capcom and a very successful fighting game tournament, if not the most in North America. While Neo-Geo.com represents the oft-failed entity and publisher, SNK. On the top of that, there is no relationship with SNK to even speak of. No one cares about SNK, not even you people and it's made you all bitter like Japanese on 2ch message boards.

You regulars say that the rest of us can't handle the hurtful incendiary comments on here and say to not take it seriously. Will you say that when one day some member snaps and actually causes an incident (like murder) that gives media outlets like Fox News the reason to complain about the degeneration of our society through video games, especially over such poor quality games like SNK games? After all, isn't this forum the den of many crooks (Josh from Huntington Beach, California), thieves (a quarter of the sellers on here), and alleged murderers/convicts (Waseem)? Heh, need I say more people?

I offer no threats. There is no need for me to "hack" your site or wish for you all to go to hell like others outside of these forums feel. You forum regulars are your own destruction and you will realize that in time.
I accept this lost battle of convincing for I can not change you all, you can only change yourself. What I can say is, can you see yourself still acting like ingrate brats on a message board into your forties? I expect the feedback from my this diatribe to be filled with many expletives and childish comments of which I am not deserving of as I have not used such things here, but to you all I say, tis' a shame.

To the few of you that read this message and manage to see the light and realize it's time to grow up and move on from the fanboy life. I say to you...

You are welcome.

To you, Happy Holidays and a very Merry Christmas. Goodnight!

You have a problem with all of us, that's your fault and problem, not ours. :D

Last edited:

aclbandit

Another Striker
lol, maybe this will help boost the popularity of the Astro Club, it's usually not as lively in here as the Blast Club.

Why is the AC Club the place chosen for a rant like that? Doesn't seem really appropriate to me.

aclbandit

Another Striker
He actually spammed quite a few threads, it was just him making sure the post was seen by everyone.

Ah. Didn't realize -- seems I'm not a subscriber on those.

*shrug.* Back to your normally scheduled programming...

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
who the fuck is blackbawx and why does he have so much sand in his va-jay-jay? Acting like some kind of FBI psychological profiler...That has to be dvdexploiter....The wall of text, level of craziness, and being a recent pissy forum visitor all seems to label him as a suspect, but then again it could be a number of other crazy people...He needs to go back to making videos where he needlessly puffs on his pipe all while claiming he's "mentally unstable." I've never met one truly mentally unstable person that would actually claim that, nor have the insight to see that in themselves..Thus which makes them truly mentally unstable.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Thats the guy who tried coverting an E2 to an E3.... then back to an E2.... by throwing money at it? And then was butthurt when it wound up being expensive.

He had the resources. Numerous people pointed him in the right direction.

At least the E2 belongs to that homo Jim now..... :buttrock:

Lemony Vengeance

^yep. I really tried to help. He wanted to troll the forums and failed miserably. The war room thread has more info.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
So I went to open my control panel today and it would seem that one of my locks has come undone in the locked position from the inside. I move the key back and forth freely but am not feeling any action.

Any advice?

If I drill out the lock will I still be fucked?

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
How exactly would one be able to replace them. I may be needing to do this to my astro sometime soon.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
How exactly would one be able to replace them. I may be needing to do this to my astro sometime soon.

You remove the actual speaker from inside the casing. Then replace them on your Astro City (NOT New Astro City).

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Bumping this with a new photo of my Astro with its monitor chassis recently back from having some repairs:
20140817_014158_12_zpsphzytxqv.jpg

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Well I’m part of the club
Working on restoring this and a blast currently
I have pretty much stripped it and cleaned it uncluding the full harness. I was disgusting as it had 150k coins put threw it.
32B49D50-23ED-41F0-8DAD-8C8DFEF1795E.jpeg
699A657C-D1E9-4215-9519-A7F941053903.jpeg
1B3A37BE-FEC1-4F58-A2C8-F92212DC535D.jpeg
E8BA5770-63E4-42F8-99F5-17B8BB9421FF.jpeg
4032138B-5877-4349-8484-02BE6A87D799.jpeg
EA471C2E-16C2-427A-A3ED-626AE7832C2D.jpeg
731C7996-2FA7-44EE-A7B5-4E51FBE07D51.jpeg