AT&T downgrading 2G/EDGE service; are assfaces.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Here is a link about it, even though the original Gizmodo story is down for whatever reason.

I wasn't planning upgrading from my first gen iPhone for a while, but looks like I might have to or just upgrade to a different phone completely. Still, this honestly a load of crap, since I know I won't get any breaks in my phone bill pricing due to the shittier service, nor have I been notified by them that my service would be changing at all. Fuck you, AT&T.

J. Max

judas,
Unlock the iPhone, switch to T-Mobile. The $200 early termination fee sucks though.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
How can you downgrade something that's already almost unusably slow?

The sad part is, if you get an iPhone 3G, don't get any wonderful ideas about having 3G service everywhere you go. Most of the time 3G service will drop out on me and switch me to Edge.

Don't believe those crummy Apple ads showing a finger rapidly browsing the internet on an iPhone 3G. It's not like that in real life.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
How can you downgrade something that's already almost unusably slow?

The sad part is, if you get an iPhone 3G, don't get any wonderful ideas about having 3G service everywhere you go. Most of the time 3G service will drop out on me and switch me to Edge.

Don't believe those crummy Apple ads showing a finger rapidly browsing the internet on an iPhone 3G. It's not like that in real life.

I've noticed that with my friend's 3G. We'll see how fast they'll put the waveband to use on the 3G network, but I'm not holding my breath.

aria

Former Moderator
G3 strength depends where you're at. In LA and Minneapolis it's good. Other areas away from big cities it can be non-existant. But when you have strong 3G, things fly.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member

You'll notice they show the wifi connection as active with an excellent signal. That's probably why they can get away with it.

I agree that it's bullshit.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Nothing about this downgrade is surprising to be honest.