Awww..fuck.. I just nutted myself

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Heads up to anyone who cares... the JPN version of Super Metroid lets you play with English text. A pleasant surprise to me... I've never played this game before and I was expecting to have to read Japanese. What a sigh of relief.. fuck.. I love this game.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i played super metroid for like 5 minutes when i was 8, had no idea what to do and put in SNES Doom

I might be able to enjoy it now!
i just don't own it

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
DurandalThoth said:
welcome to 1995 noob.
I've gotta agree with you on this one. :spock: This new-age rage about playing "prequels" to new games is sad and pathetic. "Duh, I soo liek Metroid Prime I gotta play the old onez cuz Metroid wuz teh shit 4ever dude." :rolleyes: Spare me the drama of people jumping on the bandwagon three generations of console systems removed.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Zero Satori said:
I've gotta agree with you on this one. :spock: This new-age rage about playing "prequels" to new games is sad and pathetic. "Duh, I soo liek Metroid Prime I gotta play the old onez cuz Metroid wuz teh shit 4ever dude." :rolleyes: Spare me the drama of people jumping on the bandwagon three generations of console systems removed.

:D I never realized there was any sort of fad like that, but I don't see how it's much different from people seeing the new King Kong movie, and then being suddenly interested in seeing the original.

I've never seen any old fogies hanging out at Blockbuster yelling: "yoO StUPid KIdz!!! yoO cA'nt aPPreCiAtE teH CLasSics!!"

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Zero Satori said:
LOL shit like that kills me. I remember when Capcom vs SNK first came out, all the casual idiots went back and played the old SNK games in an effort to get some knowledge and act like they were all about it the whole time.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
SPINMASTER X said:
LOL shit like that kills me. I remember when Capcom vs SNK first came out, all the casual idiots went back and played the old SNK games in an effort to get some knowledge and act like they were all about it the whole time.

I must be an idiot then.

The only Neo Geo I was ever exposed to in the arcades a child was World Heros and Samurai Shodown 1/2. ONE rich kid I knew had a home system with Magician Lord and 8man.

CVS2 got me into SNK because I ended up liking their characters playing style more than Capcoms. Had I not played that, I would have never seen games I now love (MOTW, KOF series, etc.)

Why is everyone here so negative all the time. Seriously who gives a shit if someone just discovered the joy of an old treasure.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I just don't understand why the OP didn't get a copy of the US version...

By what I understand there's not much different between the two...

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
dubdubdub said:
Why is everyone here so negative all the time.
Poseurs make-up a good reason to be negative about the state of how video game players are seen nowadays.

dubdubdub said:
Seriously who gives a shit if someone just discovered the joy of an old treasure.
No one's gonna rag on someone for playing old games. It's just the facts that a lot of these people didn't give a shit about games like Metroid when they first came-out, and instead were all caught-up in their own stupidity playing less-quality but more-advertised and/or more-cool games during that particular era. Now, suddenly, a lot of these people are patting themselves on the back for "discover[ing] the joy of an old treasure" as if it wasn't their own dumbassed fault they didn't see it the first time around.

SPINMASTER X hit the nail on the head when he said that people like this, more often than not, go "back and [play the classics] in an effort to get some knowledge and act like they were all about it the whole time." Whereas everyone who was smart and saw a good thing when it first came around sits-back, tries to laugh it off, then realises that 90% of the "gamerz" populace nowadays is exactly like this. Another good example is how, like, for ten years, only the most dedicated SNES players cared about "Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past" but then it shows-up remade on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo offers it on a bonus disc for GameCube and voila!--Instant poseurism of a classic game.

"Duhduhduh guyz teh old Link game iz za shit yeh i play tem all teh time."

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
smokehouse said:
I just don't understand why the OP didn't get a copy of the US version...

By what I understand there's not much different between the two...

Not only that but it's not like there is a whole lotta text in the first place.

But yes the game is the shit for sure.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
The thing that pisses me of about this particular brand of savantes is the way they preach to the converted about their new discovery. Whether it be music, movies games, whatever. While I just sit there nodding politely all the time thinking "so were where you the first time around?".

Those of us that experienced these classics first time around, when they weren't considered classics don't care to ram it down other peoples throats like the n00bs. Why? Too busy doing stuff these same retards will catch up with ten years down the line. :oh_no:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Lovergoat said:
The thing that pisses me of about this particular brand of savantes is the way they preach to the converted about their new discovery. Whether it be music, movies games, whatever. While I just sit there nodding politely all the time thinking "so were where you the first time around?".

Those of us that experienced these classics first time around, when they weren't considered classics don't care to ram it down other peoples throats like the n00bs. Why? Too busy doing stuff these same retards will catch up with ten years down the line. :oh_no:

True...to be there when these titles were actually new was really amazing. Sometimes I am really thankful I was alive and old enough to fully experience the glory days of gaming (what I consider to be the glory days...from the NES through the late 90's) where titles like Metroid, the original Metal Gear, Zelda, Ninja Gaiden, Super Mario and others were actually new...

I will say I don't hold it over someone's head unless they get mouthy about it...

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Zero Satori said:
Poseurs make-up a good reason to be negative about the state of how video game players are seen nowadays.

No one's gonna rag on someone for playing old games. It's just the facts that a lot of these people didn't give a shit about games like Metroid when they first came-out, and instead were all caught-up in their own stupidity playing less-quality but more-advertised and/or more-cool games during that particular era. Now, suddenly, a lot of these people are patting themselves on the back for "discover[ing] the joy of an old treasure" as if it wasn't their own dumbassed fault they didn't see it the first time around.

Yeah, that's all good and well but I hardly think you can say this when the original poster didn't really seem to come off as some big expert in the first place. He even says "A pleasant surprise to me... I've never played this game before"

No offense Zero, but I think you're making way too much out of this thread.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn, lot of harsh flames in this thread. Dude was just sharing his excitement.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
you people are aware not everyone was able to purchase and play every fucking game 'back in the day', right, not even all the classics

back when nearly all of us were kids without jobs

and when someone does go back and catch up on a game they missed and rant about it, it's called enthusiasm and unbridled passion for the medium they love

obviously some of you have lost that spark

the only elitists I see here are the ones calling people idiots for not being able to play all the great games from 15 years ago

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Zero Satori said:

SPINMASTER X hit the nail on the head when he said that people like this, more often than not, go "back and [play the classics] in an effort to get some knowledge and act like they were all about it the whole time." Whereas everyone who was smart and saw a good thing when it first came around sits-back, tries to laugh it off, then realises that 90% of the "gamerz" populace nowadays is exactly like this. Another good example is how, like, for ten years, only the most dedicated SNES players cared about "Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past" but then it shows-up remade on Game Boy Advance and Nintendo offers it on a bonus disc for GameCube and voila!--Instant poseurism of a classic game.

Hey, youre a fucking asshole and you have been in every post youve ever posted.

Cool your jets.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
you people are aware not everyone was able to purchase and play every fucking game 'back in the day', right, not even all the classics

and when someone does go back and catch up on a game they missed and rant about it, it's called enthusiasm and unbridled passion for the medium they love

the only elitists I see here are the ones calling people idiots for not being able to play all the great games from 15 years ago

God, no shit. This thread is a big dumptruck full of crap.

Leave it to Drifty to ruin everything. Fucking loser.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
LoneSage said:

Best "serious" post I've read here in some time. Couldn't have said it better myself.

edit: Cool, thanks for the info, Woody. JapanGameStock sent me the JP Super Metroid copy for free because I ordered a shitload of games from them. :p Next time I decide to play through SM, I'll play the JP copy -- just to see if there were any differences between it and the NA version.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Nesagwa said:
Hey, youre a fucking asshole and you have been in every post youve ever posted.

Cool your jets.

He really has. Every post I see of his I remind myself to put him on my ignore list but I always forget.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Hahaha.. It's all good... I kind of expected this shit when I made this post. I was drunk, playing Super Metroid and I was happy and didn't give a fuck about anything else. Truth is I never played SNES back in the day.. I was a hardcore Genesis NAZI.

These days I'm running out of shit to play.. so I started opening my mind and wallet up to the 16bit Nintendo stuff.. since it's really cheap over here.

And yeah.. I don't have a Wii.. and haven't played the newer Metroid games.. though I do plan to.. once they hit the bargain bins in 5-10 years.

Carry on fellas.. my skin is thick. :lolz:

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I never thought I'd see hate for someone discovering a retro game they missed out on. You people are pathetic elitist losers.

I'm so fucking awesome I played this game before you.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WoodyXP said:
Hahaha.. It's all good... I kind of expected this shit when I made this post. I was drunk, playing Super Metroid and I was happy and didn't give a fuck about anything else. Truth is I never played SNES back in the day.. I was a hardcore Genesis NAZI.

These days I'm running out of shit to play.. so I started opening my mind and wallet up to the 16bit Nintendo stuff.. since it's really cheap over here.

And yeah.. I don't have a Wii.. and haven't played the newer Metroid games.. though I do plan to.. once they hit the bargain bins in 5-10 years.

Carry on fellas.. my skin is thick. :lolz:

Good sport.

It's always great to go back and try all those games you missed in your youth. I want to get into the PC Engine. I just got Dracula X: Rondo of Blood and I'm lovin' every second of it. Playing an original game CD on an emulator seems strange though, I would like to get a real CD setup. :crying:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Good sport.

It's always great to go back and try all those games you missed in your youth. I want to get into the PC Engine. I just got Dracula X: Rondo of Blood and I'm lovin' every second of it. Playing an original game CD on an emulator seems strange though, I would like to get a real CD setup. :crying:

Yeah.. there's alot of good games for PC Engine. Keep an eye on Ebay(I know you're on there).. namely Dreamstars... they let DUO-Rs go cheap.. for like $110 or so. You can also ask for standard shipping.. which is much cheaper if you don't want to deal with exorbitant EMS prices.