Ayyyyy yo

Just picked an AES, wanted one for the longest time... Especially when I was a kiddo. I remember a friend of mine in another neighborhood when I was about 8 had pretty much everything, I was so jealous that he had an awesome nes collection and a Sega Genesis. One Christmas season I remember him telling me that his parents were going to buy him a Sega time traveler cab... I was incredibly jealous so I made up a story about how my parents were going to get me a neo geo. If neither one us were lying I would have won that little battle lol. That was the biggest caviar dream I could come up with when I was that age, even now I'm infatuated.

Anyways that's my story and why I'm here now!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Welcome!
But I gotta know.... Did that little bastard actually get a time traveler cab!?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Nice story! I had to split the price w/a friend and rent a system back when they came out (I was in high school). I do remember the drug dealer in school had one with all the games.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Just picked an AES, wanted one for the longest time... Especially when I was a kiddo. I remember a friend of mine in another neighborhood when I was about 8 had pretty much everything, I was so jealous that he had an awesome nes collection and a Sega Genesis. One Christmas season I remember him telling me that his parents were going to buy him a Sega time traveler cab... I was incredibly jealous so I made up a story about how my parents were going to get me a neo geo. If neither one us were lying I would have won that little battle lol. That was the biggest caviar dream I could come up with when I was that age, even now I'm infatuated.

Awesome story - I love hearing personal accounts like that! Welcome to the obsession - I mean the community.

Now that you have an AES this will be the next 15 years of your life: Buy an AES, sell the AES collection for an MVS set-up because $$$, sell the MVS collection and re-buy the AES because you miss those sexxxxxy games, and eventually resell the AES collection a last time to pay medical bills. It's a vicious cycle. ;)

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Awesome story - I love hearing personal accounts like that! Welcome to the obsession - I mean the community.

Now that you have an AES this will be the next 15 years of your life: Buy an AES, sell the AES collection for an MVS set-up because $$$, sell the MVS collection and re-buy the AES because you miss those sexxxxxy games, and eventually resell the AES collection a last time to pay medical bills. It's a vicious cycle. ;)
God this is so sadly true. Lol

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nice! Already two cool Neo-related stories thanks to posts from Crazy in Alabama & Cincinnati Kid ;). Then let me just greet our newest member, Almighty1982 with the revised ng.com classic:

Welcome! Come for the games, stay for teh... yelling' at clouds!

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

what are you...gay?

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Lol at little Timmy's friend getting a Time Traveller cab... I too wish I was neighbors with Richie Rich