Ban Josh

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
This dumbfuck needs to go. We should've banned him long ago like Shmups did. I am all for second (and sometimes third) chances, but not fifth, tenth, etc.

Josh has:
Publicly discredited us as a community.
Publicly admitted to conning "high rollers" out of their money.
Repeatedly engaged in shady business practices, including but not limited to price-gouging and selling merchandise he knows to not be working.

He knows he is not a welcome member. I always remembered this forum as being tough on scammers/shady dealers, join date be damned, HE. NEEDS. TO. GO.

I also have had a gut feeling that Josh tried to get that cab out from under Kaph33n, I'm sure the truth will come out eventually.

PS: Josh... "Cheesecake Fantasy".

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Ban him here so he can troll his own forum where I'm pretty sure everyone there is named Josh. (Josh, Gangstajoshua, Joshaphile, Joshaczar, Joshphei, etc...)

http://www.videogamex.com/forums/showthread.php?45-Welcome!-Ai-Introduction-Thread

My favorite line from that post:

Josh said:
Feel free to induce yourself here and let us know your passions and what you enjoy most within the videogame industry.

Seems he want members to feel free to convince themselves. Of what I'm not sure. That or he wants them to feel free to produce an electric current.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
My favorite line from that post:

Seems he want members to feel free to convince themselves. Of what I'm not sure. That or he wants them to feel free to produce an electric current.

Well he always has been one to demand a picture of what the people that are dissing him look like. I guess he gets a rise if he finds out they could possibly 'look' less of a person than his 'manly' self does.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
in one thread, there was a group arranging to buy a cab and part it out between them and someone (later identified as Josh) sent the seller a message saying the person picking it up was a scammer and the seller wouldn't sell to them. It still worked out but it was a douche move.

He then comes in later and tries to get VanillaThunder's mod powers revoked and everyone snaps at him and in usual Josh-Style deletes his post.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
in one thread, there was a group arranging to buy a cab and part it out between them and someone (later identified as Josh) sent the seller a message saying the person picking it up was a scammer and the seller wouldn't sell to them. It still worked out but it was a douche move.

He then comes in later and tries to get VanillaThunder's mod powers revoked and everyone snaps at him and in usual Josh-Style deletes his post.

Thanks. I didn't know what I was reading in those threads, the deletion of course didn't help for the comprehension.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Well he always has been one to demand a picture of what the people that are dissing him look like. I guess he gets a rise if he finds out they could possibly 'look' less of a person than his 'manly' self does.

The fact that he proudly posted the pic with Chris and Dion probably means that he "admires" them. XD

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Can I get a cliff notes?

at war with "teh haterz", "untested" mini cute reserve price $3000, akihabra DDP model kits 300% upcharge

c47z3.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Josh, dba VideoGameX, is no longer welcome at neo-geo.com. Even though he carried the cloud of working with Dion and Chris Ray, aka NGF, he was still allowed to continue posting and using the site for his sales. His relationship with NGF, mixed with his questionable selling tactics, led to the treatment he received from other members. His reaction to that treatment was to sabotage other member's purchase of arcade parts. In consideration of the totality of these circumstances, it would benefit the site for Josh to be banned, despite the length of time that he has spent here.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Mmhhhh...

It's been coming tbh... however, much I can sympathise with Josh over his business (or lack of it).... his attitude towards the forum and members is below the standards I'd expect from a long time member....

... So, I'd hate to say it... but I feel the place would be better without him...

xROTx

PS. On a side note lads.... there is no conclusive proof he was the one that tried to fuck Kaph33n over (as of yet).... so that excuse is out of the window...
PPS. I would then say... Josh was beginning to be a detriment to the well being of this site... and let's be honest... NO ONE... but NO ONE is bigger than this site.... (except for teh mage... possibly...)...

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
PS. On a side note lads.... there is no conclusive proof he was the one that tried to fuck Kaph33n over (as of yet).... so that excuse is out of the window...

I know there is no conclusive proof yet, but it seems very likely. I know whoever did it is on these boards. I know Josh has seen the many allegations against him, so why has he not responded. Someone who is innocent and accused of something usually will have quite a bit to say about it. I am not certain of anything, but I have my instincts. I'm hoping I can convince SoCal to give me the original email headers and cross check that against known IPs for Josh.

Instead of commenting about people saying he has the motive and opportunity, he instead chooses to make a thread with the intention of removing a Mod's rank... A mod who was currently in the middle of investigating his alleged involvement with the slandering and framing of neo members. I would love to hear Josh's side of this story, if he has one.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I know there is no conclusive proof yet, but it seems very likely. I know whoever did it is on these boards. I know Josh has seen the many allegations against him, so why has he not responded. Someone who is innocent and accused of something usually will have quite a bit to say about it.

Probable... but not conclusive.... Bibs was convicted on less evidence than this... BUT... didn't mean he was guilty...

I am not certain of anything, but I have my instincts. I'm hoping I can convince SoCal to give me the original email headers and cross check that against known IPs for Josh.

...This would be very helpful....

Instead of commenting about people saying he has the motive and opportunity, he instead chooses to make a thread with the intention of removing a Mod's rank... A mod who was currently in the middle of investigating his alleged involvement with the slandering and framing of neo members.

...yes... awesomely silly thread.... there's more chance of me becoming president of 'Murica than VT being removed as mod...

I would love to hear Josh's side of this story, if he has one.

Not likey now is it pal?

xROTx

PS. I sound like Bobak Lite... I is awesome:D

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I wouldn't call it "investigating".

I requested that the Email headers be captured and forwarded on so that the source IP information and possibly other metadata could be examined for information regarding the sender.

The email initially appears to have been sent from an iPad (the end of the email has the "Sent from my iPad" tag).

The email headers would have metadata indicating the IP it was sent from.

If it was sent over 3g, it would possibly be a public, difficult to trace IP. However, if the forums were browsed from that device, we could correlate the information.

If it is wifi, it would not be hard to determine if it derived from a "known" member IP address, depending on the service that handled it and the submission method.

There is other metadata contained in email headers which I will not get into, but you can google this info for yourself and research it.

I doubt the sender was smart enough to obfuscate or otherwise attempt to masquerade themselves, it should be fairly easy to identify them if these criteria are met.

...and that concludes today's lecture.

;)

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Spoken like a true net tech.

In plain English: Most wise guys on the internet are smart enough to leave a data trail that leads right back to their computer. And all the blood hound needs is a few bread crumbs.

-------------------------

Too bad we never got to hear Josh's side of the story.

For better or worse, it would have been interesting.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
In before the whatever, but don't ask me about that Josh guy, I have no clue.

A baaad mod is me.