Baseball is back, son.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
baseball has too many retarded "unwritten rules", cheat but don't cheat bullshit, and the worst refereeing out of all the major sports (i might just be over influenced by angel hernandez).
They should have made every player on the Astros give their ring back and made the team take their banners down. I'm not saying, "Give the Dodgers the ring.", but I don't think Houston should get any type of championship recognition after admitting to cheating.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
They should have made every player on the Astros give their ring back and made the team take their banners down. I'm not saying, "Give the Dodgers the ring.", but I don't think Houston should get any type of championship recognition after admitting to cheating.
forgot about that too. but yeah, don't give it to the dodgers...because, fuck @Tw3ek

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Come and Take It

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The DH sucks. Removes strategy from late game situations, rewards players that are such fatasses they can't even man first base or a corner outfield spot. Every player who bats should have to field a position and every player who fields a position should have to hit. If you're going to reap the benefits of a bat like David Ortiz you should have to suffer the consequences of his defense.

May as well have a DH for the catcher next. That's the lower average position now that pitchers don't hit.
Don't worry Shohei Ohtani will still pitch and bat. :)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm not watching unless they bring back the shift.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holy shit Rockies signed Kris Bryant. 7 years $182 million. Monfort gets like three days or so grace period from me complaining about him in return.

Kinda WTF though on letting Arenado walk and freaking paying to do it then this. Bridich was even worse at his job than it seemed I guess?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Holy shit Rockies signed Kris Bryant. 7 years $182 million. Monfort gets like three days or so grace period from me complaining about him in return.

Kinda WTF though on letting Arenado walk and freaking paying to do it then this. Bridich was even worse at his job than it seemed I guess?
Bryant hasn't been good in 3 years and he's a career .260 hitter at Coors Field. They way overpaid for damaged goods.

Reactions: jro

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm not watching unless they bring back the shift.
The shift is still on for this year..next year,I believe it will go away and I'm not a fan of them removing the option..The game is being dumbed down too much these days imo BUT I grew up on it when it was #1 and still intelligent so I'm good!
BB

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bryant hasn't been good in 3 years and he's a career .260 hitter at Coors Field. They way overpaid for damaged goods.
They sure did! I hope Trevor Story hits .600 when the Astros come to town.

Monfort still a moron my bad.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Every time I see a defense play a shift, I say to myself "Why doesn't the batter bunt away from it?" Or is that just me :scratch:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Every time I see a defense play a shift, I say to myself "Why doesn't the batter bunt away from it?" Or is that just me :scratch:

MLB doesn't bunt anymore.

The only thing pros can do with a bat is hit a home run or strikeout. Anything in between is unintentional.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It is due to how players are being taught coming up, it has been for awhile and has just recently become the thing in MLB. Pitchers throw as hard as possible, which can be seen in the huge increase in Tommy John surgeries. Pitchers are destroying themselves playing this way. Gone are the large amount of 35+ selective pitchers, pitchers who can't throw at 90+ for long periods of time get moved into relief or disappear into independent leagues.

Batters being only hitting for power is another new thing. Probably this trend started in the late 90s during the steroid era, but now doing so without PEDs for the most part. Baseball got real exciting when everyone was hitting homeruns. No one cares about base stealing or bunts, only geting points on the board. Which makes the extreme shifts mechanic strange since it is something you'd heavily employ against contact hitters. The shift always existed it is just the extreme shifts that are new. It is out of place and that is the only reason it shouldn't be used the way it is.

But just watch out because some up and coming manager is going to put out a team that uses the "old" practices and catch everyone off guard. Might take a while tho.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
White Sox and Cubbies open the spring training today right down the street from my house. I'd go but the game is sold out.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Guardians drop their first game due to error by Rosario. Even though they had 7 hits, it's hard to fault hitting completely. But you gotta make those hits count and bring the guys home. Also, Bradley Zimmer got traded to Toronto after the game, so not a completely wasted day.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pirates are on pace for 0-162 and a minus 1458 run differential. Which sounds about right.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Analytics have changed baseball, similar to basketball. No bunting, all 3 pointers, etc.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Padres throwing a no-hitter after 6 and pulled their pitcher. No hitter broken up in 7th and going into the 9th trailing 2-0, D-backs get two runners on, Padres' closer gets the batter 0-2, then throws a wild pitch to advance the runners, proceeds to hit the batter on the next pitch. New pitcher comes in and throws a wild pitch and scores a run. Next pitch...a walk-off 3 run homer. Also in an ironic twist, yesterday was National Beer Day and the batter who hit the game winning home run? Seth Beer!!! :tickled: