Batman Arkham City (10.18.11)

Curt

apostate
So the game drops on Tuesday, a dedicated thread is probably in order.

Looks like it's the greatest superhero game of all time? Perhaps?

Where did you pre-order? What did you get? What Console?

I have the pre-order coming from Amazon with $10 off, and plan on buying any addons I can second hand. I have my eye on the 1970's batman, any catwoman variations, and Batman Beyond skins. I'm getting it for OnLive and PS3.

New Launch trailer just came out today, shows some new glimpses of Poison Ivy and Robin:

[video=youtube;YQgF0NYzZO8]http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/11562861700/1/tumblr_lt7469ksuY1qziax7[/video]

Played it yet? Impressions? Spoilers to a minimum and use the tags if possible.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
360 version, GS preordered, as always. I'll be picking my order up after work Tuesday. AC should hold me over well until Uncharted 3 comes out. And, as with any major release, I have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off work to lose myself in AC.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Best Buy I want the Robin addon pack and the Under the Red Hood download. I went with the PS3 version because I was concerned that the 360 version would get shit out of addon packs again, plus I am hoping that my Arkham Asylum save data my unlock something in Arkham City. Is that any reason to buy Arkham Asylum GOTY if you already had the original?

Curt

apostate
I'm hoping the OnLive version unlocks tonight, I hope they don't make us wait around...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the game is awesome. Meaning it's as good as AA, but bigger. There's also side missions, like working with Bane to destroy the Titan virus samples, catwoman missions, etc. I'm really happy with this purchase so far.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Never played the original, but heard rave reviews from the web sites and friends alike so when I saw Walmart was giving a free copy of the game of the year version of the original with a pre-order on the sequel and a $10 online gift card with free delivery on release day I jumped at it. Should get it tomorrow, but I have to play the original before I will start this one.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Never played the original, but heard rave reviews from the web sites and friends alike so when I saw Walmart was giving a free copy of the game of the year version of the original with a pre-order on the sequel and a $10 online gift card with free delivery on release day I jumped at it. Should get it tomorrow, but I have to play the original before I will start this one.

I don't think you need to play the original first. Visually and gameplaywise, the original was already so top of the line that not much changed in that dept for the sequel. For you, playing AA after AC would be like a very long add-on DLC or something.

Marek

Banned

AA is totally worth a playthrough.

Maybe not before the sequel though.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Play them in order so you can appreciate what the new game adds to the experience.

Always play them in order.

Goddammit.

I got the PS3 version, limited edition from GS last night for the Batman: Animated Series suit (Kevin Conroy voicing his version of the character? SOLD!), but I didn't pop it in because I had to work today. Gonna fire it up tonight when I get home and lose myself there.

I will likely get all the DLCs once they're available.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I got the PS3 version, limited edition from GS last night for the Batman: Animated Series suit (Kevin Conroy voicing his version of the character? SOLD!)

Is this only available if you preorder at GS or is it something I can just DL for a couple of bucks? Because that is all kinds of awesome.

I played the AA demo back when and dug it quite a bit, think going to have to make a stop on the way home from work and snag this.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
All of the skins, including the Sinestro Corps' outfit, will be available at the beginning of December. I want to say 12/6. Nightwing will be avaliable on 11/15 and Robin on 11/22. I think. It's about the middle of November. Not sure when Catwoman's release date is. Based on when they're releasing the skins, wouldn't surprise me to see her get general release on 11/29. All the bonus challenge maps will eventually be available, too.

So far, the only thing I haven't gotten a specific release date on is the Joker's Carnival Challenge DLC, which is an exclusive GS DLC (which I got.) Since that DLC is tied to the store it was purchased from, and not based on any console version, I don't know what Warner Bros.' plan is to release it. I imagine it'll be out with everything else in time, but I haven't read anything about it yet.

Curt

apostate
My PS3 copy is on the way from Amazon any minute.

I just read the PC version was delayed until 11/9 so no OnLive, it's a good thing I got a console version too.

Also Catwoman isn't out already!? Thats some bullshit. I was looking forward to her most. :emb:

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My PS3 copy is on the way from Amazon any minute.

I just read the PC version was delayed until 11/9 so no OnLive, it's a good thing I got a console version too.

Also Catwoman isn't out already!? Thats some bullshit. I was looking forward to her most. :emb:

Catwoman is available. I downloaded her with a redemption code in the box.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I got the PS3 version, limited edition from GS last night for the Batman: Animated Series suit (Kevin Conroy voicing his version of the character? SOLD!), but I didn't pop it in because I had to work today. Gonna fire it up tonight when I get home and lose myself there.

Isn't Conroy voicing all of them?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Isn't Conroy voicing all of them?

Yeah, it's just a skin. Conroy is Batman in this.

What I was trying to say, but maybe didn't word it so well, was it'll be cool to play the Animated Series version of Batman in a GOOD video game voiced by Kevin Conroy. All the other Batman Animated Series video games have been pretty damn awful.

RE: Catwoman

Seeing as how she's DLC, I figured she wasn't available for all purchasers at the start. I figured you had to buy a special version of the game to get her. If she's available in all the different versions, why make it a DLC? Would seem pretty silly to me to make people go through hoops for something that they could easily just include on the disc unless she only came with certain versions. But I'm just supposing, here-maybe they DID include a DLC code with every version of the game (deluxe and regular.) Would seem silly, and a waste of time and money to do it that way.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Three more hours until I'm playing.

Waiting is always the hardest part.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's just a skin. Conroy is Batman in this.

What I was trying to say, but maybe didn't word it so well, was it'll be cool to play the Animated Series version of Batman in a GOOD video game voiced by Kevin Conroy. All the other Batman Animated Series video games have been pretty damn awful.

RE: Catwoman

Seeing as how she's DLC, I figured she wasn't available for all purchasers at the start. I figured you had to buy a special version of the game to get her. If she's available in all the different versions, why make it a DLC? Would seem pretty silly to me to make people go through hoops for something that they could easily just include on the disc unless she only came with certain versions. But I'm just supposing, here-maybe they DID include a DLC code with every version of the game (deluxe and regular.) Would seem silly, and a waste of time and money to do it that way.

might have been as part of the preorder package through gamestop. i dunno. Thought I was getting joker stuff instead. Catwoman plays a lot like Bats, while the Joker was a very different kind of style.

Catwoman can climb walls and some ceilings. I also like her thief mode, which is like a gimped detective mode, but still cool. I really miss Joker's xray specs but I figure I'll get them eventually.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The one I'm looking forward to playing is Nightwing. He is probably my favorite character in the entire Batman family.

I wouldn't complain about a 'New 52' variant of Barbara Gordon's Batgirl.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The one I'm looking forward to playing is Nightwing. He is probably my favorite character in the entire Batman family.

I wouldn't complain about a 'New 52' variant of Barbara Gordon's Batgirl.

you and qube.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Okay, got the 411 on Catwoman.

She's available for free to people who buy the game new.

So if you buy it used and the game doesn't come with an unused redeem code for Catwoman, you are stuck having to pay $$$ for her when she's made avaialble.

So it's one of those 'extra value' incentives designed to encourage consumers to buy new.

So every new copy of the game comes with a Catwoman redeem code.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Honestly, I'll do what I did with Arkham Asylum.

Torrent it and then buy the GOTY on steam a year later. No way am I wading through all that specific dlc. I want ALL THE BONUSES.