Beast Busters : Second Nightmare - second look

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Because there is no such thing as too much Beast Busters. But in all honestly this is the number 1 game I get questions about and I've now converted three boards for three people over to JAMMA. Trying to keep the Beast Busters dream alive as hands down it's my favorite Hyper game. Sucks emulation is so wonky as the pcb isnt cheap and the cabs are rarer than rare. Fingers crossed one day MAME catches up with the emulation.

But yeah...everyone should have a Beast Busters : Second Nightmare setup

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I would really love a port of this game!!
Right? It sucks Hyper emulation isn’t worth using. But I’m not surprised no ports exist. FF:WA wasn’t great as a port and the absolute clusterfuck of a chip filled motherboard on the Hyper probably made porting a nightmare.

it’s still the most custom chip dense pcb ive ever seen

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Right? It sucks Hyper emulation isn’t worth using. But I’m not surprised no ports exist. FF:WA wasn’t great as a port and the absolute clusterfuck of a chip filled motherboard on the Hyper probably made porting a nightmare.

it’s still the most custom chip dense pcb ive ever seen
It's a real pity the board didn't get the life I'm sure was idealised for it. Despite it's 3D focus it was a 2D powerhouse that could honestly have brought anything else at the time to it's knees. Hell I could see Guilty Gear on that thing... alright I'll stop dreaming for all our sakes.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
It's a real pity the board didn't get the life I'm sure was idealised for it. Despite it's 3D focus it was a 2D powerhouse that could honestly have brought anything else at the time to it's knees. Hell I could see Guilty Gear on that thing... alright I'll stop dreaming for all our sakes.
right? it should have just been the MVS 2 and dabbled in 3D games vs being the Hyper and exclusively pushing polygons

Well except Beast Busters...I can't wish that away