Best Buy Compensating Victims of HD-DVD

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
LOL, 50 dollars. so you can buy a BD player that's already a 100 more than it is online? And with tax?

Just a smokescreen, they won't be losing any money over this.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Bought mine on the 26th right after the 360 add on price drop...tried to weasel the $50, but they wouldn't go for it. :(

Guess it makes sense...a buncha clearance sharks like me who grabbed it right after the announcement shouldn't get the compesation. But dammit.

Now, if I had clairvoyance, I would've bought the thing on the 22nd, price matched it the next week, and then got the $50 anyway. Would've made the player, the Universal Media Remote, and 6 HD DVDs absolutely free. Ah well, I got the second best deal. :cool:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I got an automated call from Best Buy saying I should receive this giftcard in the mail by May 1st. Pretty nice; I'll probably bite the bullet and put this towards a standalone player.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Haha... the real victims are people who get suckerd in with the $50 cables and Extended Warranties.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
norton9478 said:
Haha... the real victims are people who get suckerd in with the $50 cables and Extended Warranties.
Furthermore the people who even shop at Best Buy...

BC_Gambit

Beni,
You know you live in a spoiled society when you can be a "victim" of HD DVD.

I'm a victim of having to show up to a job I enjoy every day. Where's my compensation?

Pitbul09

Tarma's Gun Polisher
yea i bought a hd add for my 360 and yesterday i got my $50.00 gift card in the mail woot!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I was impressed- they sent me the notice, and I bought mine quite soon after launch. Of course, I don't want to actually get rid of my player, so I don't intend to do the deal, but it's cool that they don't have such a strict limit on the timeline like CC and a few other places do.

Who would have thought that BB would have top-notch customer service?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
oldschool said:
Furthermore the people who even shop at Best Buy...

Always worth checking...

The closeouts and pricegougued hook and reel stuff is usually nice.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Well, that, and my 3 closest media stores are BB, FYE, and Gamestop. Granted that BB has done shady enough stuff in the past to warrant a boycott, I've never walked into a BB, asked for a new copy of a game, and gotten a beat up, already open store copy for the new price. As far as video games are concerned, BB is the lesser of 2 evils. And with Suncoast having vanished and being replaced by FYE stores (pricejack central), BB is better than it used to be for movies/music as well.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
Well, that, and my 3 closest media stores are BB, FYE, and Gamestop. Granted that BB has done shady enough stuff in the past to warrant a boycott, I've never walked into a BB, asked for a new copy of a game, and gotten a beat up, already open store copy for the new price. As far as video games are concerned, BB is the lesser of 2 evils. And with Suncoast having vanished and being replaced by FYE stores (pricejack central), BB is better than it used to be for movies/music as well.
just a shame they hire on the most useless staff ever created