BEST FIGHTER on the NGP/NGPC

What do you think is the best fighter on the NGPC or NGP?

• Fatal Fury

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Gals Fighters

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • King of Fighters R-1

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • King of Fighters R-2

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Last Blade

Votes: 38 12.6%
  • Match of the Millenium

Votes: 185 61.5%
  • Samurai Shodown!

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Samurai Shodown! 2

Votes: 18 6.0%

• Total voters

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I voted for MOTM. Recently picked up a copy(ironically enough from D-Lite) and have been very impressed with it. I've been trying to unlock some of the hidden characters but they have proven a real bitch to get. I only need one more square to disappear to get another character but couldn't get it to happen for the life of me, even after beating the game four or five times. After getting frustrated by that I discovered the great mini games section and killed some more time there. Very fun stuff, probably the best hand held fighter ever.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I voted for MOTM. Recently picked up a copy(ironically enough from D-Lite) and have been very impressed with it. I've been trying to unlock some of the hidden characters but they have proven a real bitch to get. I only need one more square to disappear to get another character but couldn't get it to happen for the life of me, even after beating the game four or five times. After getting frustrated by that I discovered the great mini games section and killed some more time there. Very fun stuff, probably the best hand held fighter ever.
I voted for R2, but all of those are quality fighters.

Getting the hidden characters in MotM is a pain. Strangely enough if you use the DC->NGPC link cable it will help you unlock those. (Linked with CvS or KoF'98, I can't remember off the top of my head). (Probably CvS).

mungrin

Panko KING,
MOTM was so well made that I actually thought that Capcom had worked on the game.The Capcom characters are very well represented.

bVork

n00b
Ah, it's nice to see the poll match my own personal ranking. Match of the Millennium is obviously the single best fighter on the system, thanks to its great combination of fun fighting mechanics and oodles of extras. Last Blade comes in second due to its slightly less appealing presentation, but if anything, it has even more stuff to do than MotM! I just wish I knew of anyone else in town that had an NGPC (and a link cable) - fighters, even great ones with lots of extras, feel a bit lonely after a while if you don't have a friend to play against. I really wish SNK would re-release some of these games on DS or something, and include online play.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Generally the fighters are of a very high standard for a portable, but I have to agree with the majority and say MOTM. Its just 'so much'. A real achievement.

First I would like to say that this poll is very hard for me. I find all of the fighters so enjoyable. I finally had to look at what I play the most. Samurai 2 falls into first place and then Last Blade followed by MOTM. I hate polls like this that makes me choose between favorites.
:hammer:

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I have to agree with what the poll shows: MOTM is by far the best fighter on the system, if not the best handheld fighting game ever, and Last Blade is a close second.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Although I love MOTM, I think I mostly love it as a package with all the mini games. Straight up just fighting, my vote goes to Gals Fighters. It always under appreciated but is really good and just feels right.

Hex

n00b
Although I love MOTM, I think I mostly love it as a package with all the mini games. Straight up just fighting, my vote goes to Gals Fighters. It always under appreciated but is really good and just feels right.
This - MOTM has so much gameplay and replay-ability with all the mini games and stuff on top of the story mode. Straight fighting I like Last Blade a lot, but I don't think any of the fighters I've played are bad tbh.