Best lever for shmups?

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
I also use the Seimitsu LS-56 with short throw mod and octogate…I can’t blame the controller for my crapty scores

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
LS-32-01 is way too stiff for shooting games. The original LS-32 is pretty decent though. LS-62 and LS-56 are my favorites.

Dead zone on Sanwa sticks is off-putting to me, and I'll take any Seimitsu over them, but they're fine.
Isn't the only difference between the ls32 and 01 the PCB and mounting
I dunno. Been years

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
LS-32-01 is way too stiff for shooting games. The original LS-32 is pretty decent though. LS-62 and LS-56 are my favorites.

Dead zone on Sanwa sticks is off-putting to me, and I'll take any Seimitsu over them, but they're fine.

I was never a big fan of JLFs, but oversized actuators and heavier springs remedy most of my complaints with them.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Shit. Now i need to know 2 things. Wtf is the short throw mod on an ls-56 and what a ls-40 plays like. Ajax sold me a beautifully built stick with an ls-56 in it and i love it, but ls-32 is my main slut for life. But now somebody tells me an ls-40 is the shit? I need to know what that hoe can do!

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Shit. Now i need to know 2 things. Wtf is the short throw mod on an ls-56 and what a ls-40 plays like. Ajax sold me a beautifully built stick with an ls-56 in it and i love it, but ls-32 is my main slut for life. But now somebody tells me an ls-40 is the shit? I need to know what that hoe can do!

I've also put an LS-40-01 in one of my HRAP V's, so I'll give it a go at some point, but right now I'm kind of using the fuck out of the VLX with the 32-01 in it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I've also put an LS-40-01 in one of my HRAP V's, so I'll give it a go at some point, but right now I'm kind of using the fuck out of the VLX with the 32-01 in it.
Please let me know when you can. LS-32 has always been best for me, but the praise for the 40 has me really curious what is different

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So I think the Hayabusa comes with a 0.9lb spring if I'm correct. In that case do you think a 2lb spring to try first? What actuator would you recommend?
2lb spring does the trick for me.
A good place to start; I arrived at 2lbs after many different trial runs w/ all sorts of set ups.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
Please let me know when you can. LS-32 has always been best for me, but the praise for the 40 has me really curious what is different
Only had a quick go on KoFXV, but the shorter throw and slightly greater stiffness is nice and I had no problems pulling off combos. I'm going to spend more time with it and also the 32 to see which one I prefer the most. But it's definitely preferrable to the Hayabusa & JLF.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
2lb spring does the trick for me.
A good place to start; I arrived at 2lbs after many different trial runs w/ all sorts of set ups.
JLF with Panasonic AM5 switches, an oversized actuator and a 4lb spring feels pretty awesome. Possibly my new favourite setup for Super Turbo.