Best Ramen / Noodle Cup

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
What's your favorite microwavable noodle/ramen bowl, brand + flavor?

I recently discovered the Paldo Kimchi flavor, that one has got to be my current favorite.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
microwave?

sounds fancy.

not much choice in N MN- maruchan Chicken

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Off topic, but the wife and I ate at a hand pulled noodle place. It was awesome, the guy pulling the noodles was visible from behind a counter. I totally want to learn to do it.

Anyways, my jam is pork maruchan. if you really want to rock it, take any kind of drippings/ broth from when you cook meat and add it when cooking. That and a couple of eggs that soft boil.

Noodles usually gives me stomach aches/ problems. I figure maybe its the sodium or maybe its the flour noodles flash fried in oil. Either way, I've found potato noodles that tastes okay and doesn't wreck my stomach. Not easy to find, link here if you're curious:
https://www.nongshimusa.com/homev2/our-products/meal-noodle/potato-noodle-soup/

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Nissin Chow Mein is always great. Does that count as a "bowl"?

Gatchaman

, ,
Nong Shim Picante is my jam! The noodles are a bit more substantial than other off the shelf noodles. Of course you absolutely must add an egg while cooking and I like to add green onion or other veggies.

999999-031146150601.jpg

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Off topic, but the wife and I ate at a hand pulled noodle place. It was awesome, the guy pulling the noodles was visible from behind a counter. I totally want to learn to do it.

Anyways, my jam is pork maruchan. if you really want to rock it, take any kind of drippings/ broth from when you cook meat and add it when cooking. That and a couple of eggs that soft boil.

Noodles usually gives me stomach aches/ problems. I figure maybe its the sodium or maybe its the flour noodles flash fried in oil. Either way, I've found potato noodles that tastes okay and doesn't wreck my stomach. Not easy to find, link here if you're curious:
https://www.nongshimusa.com/homev2/our-products/meal-noodle/potato-noodle-soup/

I heard that Radical Reggie is always hand pulling his noodle.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Generally the Korean instant noodles tend to be the most expensive and highest quality. Grocery stores in Korea have a whole aisle for instant noodles, not unlike our cereal aisle.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Nong Shim Picante is my jam! The noodles are a bit more substantial than other off the shelf noodles. Of course you absolutely must add an egg while cooking and I like to add green onion or other veggies.

View attachment 55393

Yeah man, exactly this...I love egg though, so a soft boiled egg is a must to go along with one being cooked with the Shin Ramyun. Then add some dried seaweed!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've been really trying all sorts of instant Ramen over the last 3 years. Some as a goof, but I also find it makes for a nice warm meal in the winter(now).
There's some really amazing flavours out there. All of the ones I list are on Amazon Prime, so you don't have to get expired stuff at the local asian market. Other stuff I have to get on ebay or local asian markets. I almost always have a pack of these ready to go when i feel like ramen.

No Joke. This is one is spicy. There is a less spicy version available. Korean. Firm noodles.
Spoiler:
91v-8RK1EaL._SL1500_.jpg

One of the more savory. Firm noodle. Creamy broth. Very unique taste. Singapore noodle.
Spoiler:
91jezofMV+L._SL1500_.jpg

I bought this one on a whim. It's got a cheese flavor that is perfect with ramen. I thought it would taste like a gross Kraft+Ramen mix, but it's quite tasty.
Spoiler:
81u6BQRGOxL._SL1500_.jpg

This is the one i tell people to try when all they've had is maruchan. Tom Yum flavor is the best I've ever had. This is cheap. The only problem is they tinker with the formula, but I don't really notice it. This one is cheap too. Always in my pantry. There is a white version as well that is a more creamy broth.
Spoiler:
91Unqx1yGWL._SL1500_.jpg

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
A friend of mine recently tried Vite Ramen and liked it. It's like $4 per serving, but it's nutritionally complete or whatever. Has anyone here tried it? I'm pretty curious about it.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I have a Korean friend that thinks I eat these (I don't usually but I do like Korean food in general), and the last two years he's bought me a Korean instant noodle sampler as a gift for Christmas among other things. I'm getting Korean BBQ on Monday with him, so I'll be on the lookout to see if he gets me any of these. I actually have an untouched box from last year, so maybe this thread will motivate me to try some.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
71Yb3UT8tNL._AC_SX679_.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
20161112112640.jpg

Good level of heat, 3 sachets of shit to add so you feel reet gourmet.

Edit - I did once find a dried beetle in the veg sachet, however.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Roast beef used to be my favorite, but, I've gotten strange in my old age: now I toss the spice packet and just eat the noodles plain and enjoy them unseasoned.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
doodle cup
That's what my dogs drink out of.

I'm partial to the Yakisoba Spicy Tray.

Also just get a nice rice cooker and make some good curry. All you have to do is mix it and push a button 3 times. No wonder you guys are all Scott Malkinsons.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nissin are the OG and the best, their whole range. NongShim are also very good.

IndoMie are shit tier.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The flame spitting hot chicken one listed above is no ho. It will kill whatever is in your guts.