Best Selling Album of All Time?

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I was having an argument tonight about this music fact.

I'd like to say that it was the Eagles Greatest Hits (heard about it on the 20/20 interview awhile back), but my friend told me it's actually Michael Jackson's Thriller.

The source he showed me was Wikipedia with an article updated in 2006, whilst my link was apparently done in 2007.

Can anyone give a definite answer with a credible source? :)

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I came in here thinking it was Thriller as well...HOWEVER, I found this article that confirms your suspicion about it being The Eagles.

A shock to me for sure. Not sure how credible infoplease.com is, but it does back you up. To the tune of 2 million albums too ;)

Sorry I couldn't find anything more definite...but this is the best I could do.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
qube said:
I came in here thinking it was Thriller as well...HOWEVER, I found this article that confirms your suspicion about it being The Eagles.

A shock to me for sure. Not sure how credible infoplease.com is, but it does back you up. To the tune of 2 million albums too ;)

Sorry I couldn't find anything more definite...but this is the best I could do.
That is the exact page I went to when I did a search. The Wikipedia article stated that it was "claimed" that Thriller sold well over 100 million copies but I know that it can have pretty bogus info sometimes.

We were trying to find something that was also amassing the entire world, so if you were saying that then I'm not sure which is the right answer since I think the RIAA only tracks domestic sales?

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Every chart I've looked at referring to US Sales places the Eagles at number 1.

Every chart I've looked at referring to worldwide sales places MJ way beyond the Eagles at number 1.

The logic there makes sense, MJ having a far greater popularity around the world.

The Eagles being there alone surprises me, I guess I never really thought about how big they were/are.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Speaking of biggest/best ______ of all-time lists, I should ad that DARK ANDY is the most ignorant person of all time.

And that you don't need any charts or sales numbers to figure that out.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
Speaking of biggest/best ______ of all-time lists, I should ad that DARK ANDY is the most ignorant person of all time.

And that you don't need any charts or sales numbers to figure that out.

Agreed.