Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Psp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Psp-Vita

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Therein lies the question: Is this a poll for hardware or platform? PSX hands down is the best in terms of platform. But Hardware the PS3 considering you get the majority of PSX games, AND solid PS3 titles like Catherine, Last of Us, and Valkyria Chronicles

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Name a better library. Seriously, put up or stfu. If you have one, please share it.

Probably PC then if we're restricting to one platform.

Me, I have no problem using multiple consoles to get the games I want. I like Nintendo and Sega games primarily, Sony doesn't offer any of that.

Now, when I said they all suck, I meant that in a tongue-in-cheek way. I have a PS2, with a few PS2 and PS1 games. Not a bad console, just not my favorite.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
PS3 with full PS2+PS1 BC > every other console they've made so far.

If that doesn't count, then it's the PS2.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
PS1 > PS2 > PSP > PS3 > Vita

Don't have a PS4 so I won't rank it.

PS1 edges out PS2 because a lot of my favorite series didn't translate to PS2 well. Final Fantasy, Tony Hawk, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Driver, Star Ocean, Wild Arms, and Twisted Metal are all way better on PS1 than PS2.

All five of the Playstation systems I own are solid, though. I don't think a Playstation has ever been my favorite system of a given hardware generation, but they're very reliably good every time.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Never had a playstation console until I got a PS3, which I sold after about a year of owning.
I did play a shit ton of tony hawk on ps1 back in the day, oh and Metal Gear which was awesome.
PS1 it is I guess.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I would pick the ps3 60gb fat because of the backwards compatability but i've had 2 and they've both ylod'ed on me, i reckon they're too prone to overheating.
Gotta go with a ps2, get yourself a network adaptor, an IDE HDD, install FreeMCBoot on a memory card, Insert FMCB Card into slot 2 and turn on, your set, ps2 softmodded.
Load HDL 0.8c and format the HDD.
Use PC and a caddy/IDE Lead to install games to the drive directly from PC ( i know You won't get FMCB working on a 90000 Series PS2 though, but i've been out the loop for a while so this may have changed ???).
Even better than a softmodded ogxbox, and very good compatability with the ps2 library, region free as well.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I voted PS3. I got mine from japan a month after launch so it's hardware BC, I do not regret paying out the ass for it either now that they completely removed the hardware BC. Only reason why I haven't sold it off is because it's such an all-in-one box. Running CFW opens it up even more.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
PS1 .. May not be the "best", but it is the one that changed gaming the most. That has to count for something. The first time I played Tekken, and Crash... fond memories.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
2, I guess. The PS1+2 library is more or less unbeatable in the entire history of video gaming, if you exclude romboxes.

Way too early to know the PS4's worth, and the PS3 library never quite reached the depth of PS2's, imo.

PSX for me, but that's mostly nostalgia.

PS2's library is probably (objectively?) the best library of titles of any system.

I derped around on Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox throughout most of the PS2 era.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
PS3 60GB BC That's it, the best of the best. PS3 library may not be huge but there are some quality titles in there, PS2 library is awesome, too bad the rez was a zig-zag mess but alas the games play well and that's what matters the most. PS1 library has some awesome titles too. Sony is just awespome, PS4, so far so good. Praying for Ridge Racer 8 to take off right where 7 left off, best racer ever!

PS3 with Six Axis adapters in any stick you want= Bluetooth BC sticks for all your games, slick and fancy all in one cheap mod. DU IT!!!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I only have a PSX and PS2 so these two are my choice. Mind-blowingly huge library that covers every taste.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
With over 150 million units sold world wide. I'd say the PlayStation 2 is the clear winner.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
BC PS3 has gotta be my choice. As long as you get that shit reballed every few years.

And... you don't wait for it to die with Valkyrie Profile stuck in the drive. At least with the slims you can slide the door back and take the game out.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Still waiting for a halfway decent library. Now still stuck around the 8% mark. Vita is the most spectacular video game fumble in years.

Word.

I aint into Jrpgs and the controls suck for fighting games, there really isn't all that much on this thing.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
What's reballed?

Heating a chip until it can be taken off the motherboard, removing the broken solder, then putting the chip back in and re soldering it. This is a less stressful process than reflowing where its baking the motherboard until the solder melts and reforms the connection.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
A BC PS3. Done.

...that is, if you're playing legit discs. A modified PS2 is a bit better.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I used to have a PS2 Brick with HDD HD loader, ton of imports loaded from my discs, it was awesome. Gave it away and got me a slim jap and a slim US, the later ones without the power brick. Awesome systems. PSOne combo, it plays so legit, it makes the games shine and look actually nicer than you expcect. PS3 is awesome, PSP is awesome, Sony really did it up with their sustems. PS4 is really nice too. To me they took on that mantle that Nintendo used to have, the main brand in video games..

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
PS2 is most likely, objectively speaking, the best console ever. Particularly when region free and factoring in the PS1 back catalog.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
all things considered, i think i gotta say PS2.
part of me is still miffed about the PS3 ports of Kingdom hearts 1&2 (they're overall fine, but if you really got into it, you'll notice the flaws).

plus, yakuza, god hand, okami, viewtiful joe, the whole SMT gaggle.... it's really good.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
PS1 has a library of games I love, but the system build quality was shit. PS2 owns the record for most units sold, but that's because its system build quality was also shit. PS3 was a well made system, but there're only a handful of games I loved for it. Both the PSP and the Vita are good products, but again the list of awesome games for either is short. And the PS4 is what I'm enjoying most at this moment.

I'm going to take easy street and tip my hat to nostalgia and say PS1.